[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vagnard

Regular
I first noticed this kind of thread in the Europa Universalis III Forum at Paradoxplaza. It's still hovering on the first page without ever being stickied.

Basically you can ask any gameplay-relateted question here that doesn't require a huge discussion or an elaborate 5 page response.

I'll start you off:

1. Do my minister's stats affect the economy of my kingdom in any way?
2. Does having high relations with the Noldor help you win better prices at certain tournaments?

I like this idea. I have some questions too
Q1) Does it matter what companion you make your minister?
Q2) What does improving relations with towns do?  I know that if you improve relations with villages you can get more recruits.. but not sure about towns.
Q3) Is there a way of knowing which lords like to be released when captured?
Q4) Do any of the gods do anything besides Ullvetr? (please include spoiler tag)
Q5) What other chests contain items besides the ones you get maps for? (please include spoiler tag)

riraito. said:
Q2) What does improving relations with towns do?  I know that if you improve relations with villages you can get more recruits.. but not sure about towns.
Q4) Do any of the gods do anything besides Ullvetr? (please include spoiler tag)
Q5) What other chests contain items besides the ones you get maps for? (please include spoiler tag)

1. yes

2.Trade and economy is helped by you building stuff in the towns, and the stewards engineer skills helps it.

3.No, its randomly selected

No, well yes and no. Sometimes you get skill boosters in the middle of the night from "something."

Conquer each faction capital and own it to see the goods in the chests inside your hall.. They are very bueno

riraito. said:

1. no
2. they like you more.  you can build enterprises in cities that like you if they dont you wont be able too.  I think when you own the place you can get more money in taxes if they love you.
3. by their dialogue upon capture.  if they say like call your dogs off they will hate you for releasing them.  they are therefore scumbags so dont make them lords later on.
no i dont believe so
in capitals when you capture them there are special rewards.  also the red brotherhood rumor quest has a chest

BeardyDan said:
Town Rep changes that towns merchant prices. At least it in in M&B Map speed/pack animals, Trade skill and town relations tested.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Is Persuasion used for anything other than prisoner recruiting?
[*]Does equipment matter for Auto-Calc?
[/list]

1. Yes, you can "persuade" lords to join your fation. Sometimes high Persuasion is needed to open up the respective dialog with a lord.
    You can persuade companions to stay for a little while longer when they get pissed about others but only once.
    Persuasion is needed for the Lordquest "I loaned XXX YYY denars" but that's really a minor thing

2. Don't know for sure but I'm guessing rather not. If you go campaining with a companion only army they drop like flies in autocalc despite top tier gear whereas they kick ass when  you charge

Another question of mine:

What do I exactly have to do to get a kings weapon of choice? In my case it's King Ulric of Sarleon. I've beaten him a couple of times yet I've not figured out how to get his "Banner of Sarleon". I tried capturing him, releasing him and picking up the thing on the battlefield but no luck so far.

Vagnard said:
BeardyDan said:
Town Rep changes that towns merchant prices. At least it in in M&B Map speed/pack animals, Trade skill and town relations tested.

[list type=decimal]
[*]Is Persuasion used for anything other than prisoner recruiting?
[*]Does equipment matter for Auto-Calc?
[/list]

1. Yes, you can "persuade" lords to join your fation. Sometimes high Persuasion is needed to open up the respective dialog with a lord.
    You can persuade companions to stay for a little while longer when they get pissed about others but only once.
    Persuasion is needed for the Lordquest "I loaned XXX YYY denars" but thats really a minor thing

2. Don't know for sure but I'm guessing rather not. If you go campaining with a companion only army they drop like flies in autocalc despite top tier gear

Another question of mine:

What do I exactly have to do to get a kings weapon of choice? In my case it's King Ulric of Sarleon. I've beaten him a couple of times yet I've not figured out how to get his "Banner of Sarleon". I tried capturing him, releasing him and picking up the thing on the battlefield but no luck so far.

You can recieve his or any kings weapons if they have less then 6 towns and/or castles left under their rule. And when you fight them and capture them you get the option of getting thier weapon...so as long as they spawn with it when you first begin a game. (mostly towards King Ulrics Sarleon Banner..) Hope this helps.

Are glaives supposed to have both a swing and poke rating? I'm not able to get any actual swings with it..

Hello,
If it has swing damage in its stats then you CAN make a swing, if the only damage type is with "p" then you cant, if it has and you cant - then it means you are wielding it with a shield, take/turn it off (eg. roll mouse wheel)

And here goes my quick question :wink:

With the new look of  Valonbay  i cant find the hidden chest anywhere, could anyone tell its location, im sick and tired of running around town.

macxxx said:
Hello,
If it has swing damage in its stats then you CAN make a swing, if the only damage type is with "p" then you cant, if it has and you cant - then it means you are wielding it with a shield, take/turn it off (eg. roll mouse wheel)

And here goes my quick question :wink:

With the new look of  Valonbay  i cant find the hidden chest anywhere, could anyone tell its location, im sick and tired of running around town.
You've searched the town, now search the parts excluding the houses.

BeardyDan said:
What does "Unbalanced" actually mean on weapons?
I think it means that it takes longer to recover from a swing. e.g. you swing a great hammer and miss and it takes 2 seconds to bbring it back to the position where you can swing it again.

I thought it meant you have less lee-way to switch a swing into a block. With a proper weapon even when you have begun to swing you have a brief window to switch to a block, this window of opportunity is reduced with unbalanced... I think.

Dorrin said:

Could you be more specific,? i tryed to go around houses, but i am restricted to main street, and couldnt see anywhere on it the chest, i spent quite  a lot of time running around this town, i would mostly appreciate,  any directional tip.

Just saw the new hotfix today. I'm not asking when a stable version will be released, but how can I tell when something does get released whether it's the final stable version?

macxxx said:
Dorrin said:

Could you be more specific,? i tryed to go around houses, but i am restricted to main street, and couldnt see anywhere on it the chest, i spent quite  a lot of time running around this town, i would mostly appreciate,  any directional tip.

Some derp spoiled it some weeks ago.
Should be near a ship.

Thank you Arekai, it is in the ship, i missed it because i was riding, and horse couldnt enter the bridge, so i thought that this area is unaccessible, just like other parts ot the town (around buildings, etc), well i was always pathetic at solving riddles ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom