[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sleeeves said:
Is it possible to induce another faction to attack you without losing honor?  None of the three remaining kingdoms seem to want to provoke Pendor.

Wait for the border conflict event.
...or in PoP you can join a fight between a faction you want to attack and somebody else on the side of somebody else. That will result in lowered relationship with that faction and if it goes below zero, here comes the war without honor penalties AFAIR.

Winkelried said:
I'm a vassal of the Empire and we conquered Laria under the command of our marshal Kyros Dux.
If you conquered it yourself you will have temporary control of it until he assigns it to someone else.  If you don't have that temporary control then you probably wouldn't get it even if you revolt.

Pretty sure I read this before but I can't seem to locate the thread...
is there a way to upgrade equipment, say an Eventide helm to a Lordly Eventide helm?
I thought I read somewhere before that you could do this, that it required a specific NPC you could give the item to and he will upgrade.
Thanks

MrLannister said:
Pretty sure I read this before but I can't seem to locate the thread...
is there a way to upgrade equipment, say an Eventide helm to a Lordly Eventide helm?
I thought I read somewhere before that you could do this, that it required a specific NPC you could give the item to and he will upgrade.
Thanks

Yes once you become the Grandmaster of an Knighthood Order you get access to the Order Stronghold. One NPC inside the stronghold can upgrade equipment (armor, gauntlets, helmets, boots).

shoshuro said:
Yes once you become the Grandmaster of an Knighthood Order you get access to the Order Stronghold. One NPC inside the stronghold can upgrade equipment (armor, gauntlets, helmets, boots).

Ahhh okay. So if I chose Knight of the Lion then I would need to become Grandmaster and then the NPC would be in Sarleon. Or can it be any castle I start a chapter of the Lion in?

It works like that:

Once you get to 300 rank points the Grandmaster Quest is initiated, you have to take down the Snake Cult Stronghold which shows up close to the fief you took the order quest. Once you beat the snakes, the stronghold becomes part of the Order.

It is an independent building and you get to interact with 3 NPCs there.

Anyone got any tips on quickly farming honour? Releasing enemy lords is a serious dent on my economy and I'd really prefer other methods. I save any villages I can find but they ain't quite frequent enough for my taste. Only got about 30 and I'm looking towards making my knighthood order, so I'm aiming at 250 at least.

shoshuro said:
It works like that:

Once you get to 300 rank points the Grandmaster Quest is initiated, you have to take down the Snake Cult Stronghold which shows up close to the fief you took the order quest. Once you beat the snakes, the stronghold becomes part of the Order.

It is an independent building and you get to interact with 3 NPCs there.

Nice! Thanks alot. Thats really about the only thing I have been missing out on. I am playing as an ancient Lannister so once I get that stronghold it's Casterly Rock time! Big thanks :smile:

El-Diablito said:
Anyone got any tips on quickly farming honour? Releasing enemy lords is a serious dent on my economy and I'd really prefer other methods. I save any villages I can find but they ain't quite frequent enough for my taste. Only got about 30 and I'm looking towards making my knighthood order, so I'm aiming at 250 at least.

When villages request your assistance you can get honor based on your decision, building homes for orphans for example. But that isn;t something you can  "farm". Tournaments are a good way to get both honor and money. Just ask the NPC wanderers if there are any feasts in the area and those towns usually have a tournament as well. Or if your honor is already high enough you can join a knight order, then you can ask any of the knightly castle guards stationed by the door if "they need help", select tournament to find out where a tournament is being held, but don't accept the quest if you want money because you won't get any. Just ask to find out where a tournament is being held and place bets with the maximum amount of 500 each round, then you will get honor 10k-20k and increased relations with that town.

Or you can also just simply release half your enemies, the lowly lords that only offer 4k-5k, and then ransom the bigger named lords and kings. Then once your honor gets high enough then you can go back ransoming all the lords.

El-Diablito said:

As a vassal try to hold a feast as soon as a war ends, especially if your faction was fighting close to areas the Noldor patrol.  Friendly Lords that join the feast might throw Noldor prisoners to the garrison and you can release them for honor.

Does strength directly affect damage inflicted? Specifically, when improving your CKO knights via the steward dialog, I know it increases weapons proficiency, strength and agility, but what exactly does strength do, outside of allowing better weapons and armor?

Flingit said:
Does strength directly affect damage inflicted? Specifically, when improving your CKO knights via the steward dialog, I know it increases weapons proficiency, strength and agility, but what exactly does strength do, outside of allowing better weapons and armor?

More Hit Points & better autocalc value and afaik it does not affect damage inflicted.

two quick questions

1.- im not trying to be nitpicky or a grammar nazi, but im curious about "Prophesy of pendor", namely the name, shouldnt it be "Prophecy of pendor?" or is the S something from like, a different english grammar (like between american english and england english?) or a specific name?

2.- how does the treason mechanic work? ive seen some people get indicted for treason from one faction....into another....into another...into exile then, is this done to lords that where from an original faction that was defeated or does it just happen randomly? im just curious to know how this happens as it can be handy/useful to have less lords to deal with

1. This was most likely a spelling mistake originally, based on a confusion of the verb "to prophesy" and the noun "prophecy". SD posted a dubious motivation for the usage of "prophesy" some time ago, but that was mostly a more or less desperate attempt to make the best of it. Most non-native speakers actually never really notice the difference anyway.

2. Lords and kings have relations with each other just as they have with your character. When the relation between a lord and his liege drops below 0 there is a chance for him to defect or be indicted for treason. Whoever acts first, the lord or his liege, is determined by random. These relations usually drop when a lord is defeated in battle (-1 with liege), a rival gets a fief (up to -5 with liege), or if the lord does not have a fief for some time and is not tagged as honourable (-2 every week, I think).

While losing fiefs is the most likely way for a faction to get disgruntled lords it is also possible in rare cases for this to happen e.g. when the faction conquers lots of fiefs but a particular lord is not awarded any of these.

I'd imagine that some of the confusion also comes from the fact that it's so rare to see prophesy used in the present tense rather than the past ie. "the prophesied hero" and that sort of thing.

yeah it had me confused somewhat, thanks for the clarification

and thanks for the reply on treason and defections, had me puzled since native

shoshuro said:
Flingit said:

More Hit Points & better autocalc value and afaik it does not affect damage inflicted.
STR provides a bonus to damage, as per the Warband manual.

iskar said:
1. This was most likely a spelling mistake originally, based on a confusion of the verb "to prophesy" and the noun "prophecy". SD posted a dubious motivation for the usage of "prophesy" some time ago, but that was mostly a more or less desperate attempt to make the best of it. Most non-native speakers actually never really notice the difference anyway.

The original concept was that the player was creating an alternate reality for the Oracle to choose from..as per the lore which was the basis of the body of work. 

Creating.  Verb.  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prophesy
Acting upon. noun. fulfilling a Prophecy  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/prophecy?show=0&t=1409758941.

If you have a better word for "Creating an alternate reality", I am open to changing the name of the mod.

Kindest regards,

Saxondragon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom