[LEGACY] Quick Questions // Quick Answers

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay so If I'm king with a walled fief I can hire a merc company, okay good.

But before that I need to get a walled fief, I have 1700 renown, I usually merc for whoever has a war going on, but this week no faction is at war with the D'shar(I want to fight them to get Kadan's bow lol they're doing bad with only Torbah and Singal but still no one can completely wipe them out)so I'm currently not mercing, I have 200k gold, gotta pay my warband 15k in four days so I think I'll merc soon so I don't have to pay the full wage and let my employers cover most of the cost. Now I want to get a castle, I'm at day 320 with party size of 155, what should I do to finally get a castle? Should I attack someone take a castle and become king? Or should I become a vassal and then take a castle? And if I become a vassal, the best thing to do is to ask other lords to follow me and help me siege a castle right?

Oh and lastly, does PoP have that native feature where if your game goes for too long your luck becomes zero and you get a series of unfortunate events permanently lowering your stat? What is luck anyway? How do I gain or lose it, because I recorded my luck down from like day 20-30 my luck dropped by 1 by then 200 days later the value increased instead.

telume said:
Oh and lastly, does PoP have that native feature where if your game goes for too long your luck becomes zero and you get a series of unfortunate events permanently lowering your stat? What is luck anyway? How do I gain or lose it, because I recorded my luck down from like day 20-30 my luck dropped by 1 by then 200 days later the value increased instead.

I may be wrong, but judging from what the guy who sells you an elixir for a qualis gem(one of the book merchants) says, the luck-dropping and stat-lowering from age is almost certainly in the mod. He says that the elixir does a variety of things, including making you feel younger and increasing your luck.

Aha! perfect, now as long as no unique spawn dies and gems keep coming, I am immortal and can take my sweet time lol. :grin:

Weapon proficiency for melee increases faster the more damage I do, what about ranged? For ranged is it amount of damage+ difficulty of shot, or purely difficulty of shot?

So, through careful management of my troops and a HELL of a lot of running around the battlefield on horseback with a lance, I finally managed to whittle down Maltise's Dread Legion! You bet your ass I desperately wanted that Qualis Gem. However, after slowly, painstakingly, and patiently lancing 800+ of her stupid godlike super soldiers...the ***** escapes the battle. No Gem for you!

Is there some stupid thing I can edit in the files to change their chance of escape after the battle? Because I'm f****** pissed and I deserve my reward for single-handedly saving Pendor from the Dread Legion. -_-

Raise your "prisoner management". In Pop it also reduces the chance of lord escape. Tweaking is cheating, and you'll regret that more than not getting the qualis gem.

telume said:
Aha! perfect, now as long as no unique spawn dies and gems keep coming, I am immortal and can take my sweet time lol. :grin:

Weapon proficiency for melee increases faster the more damage I do, what about ranged? For ranged is it amount of damage+ difficulty of shot, or purely difficulty of shot?
For ranged, both dmg and difficulty matter.
-----------
About commanding lords, you have consider you relations with them as well. With enough influence, you can have ANY of your lords follow you, but with negative relations, they will STILL NOT partipate in battles or sieges.

Ok, so here's where I'm at.

Day 87, 97 renown, party size max 77, 4 honor, 7 Enterprises, and around 10k straight cash.

I'm basically going around in a circuit around the map, trading, collecting prisoners with just my companions and building enterprises. None of them are super amazing in combat (I have the build with Leth, then every second person) and I'm at lvl 9. Pretty mediocre, I'm just focusing on cash.

What exactly should be my plan of attack?
Should I keep doing what I'm doing for a while? Should I start recruiting young nobles and upgrading them to either knights or adventurers and then merc for a faction?
I'm trying to take things slow because I usually rush it and then end up restarting. So advice would be luvleh  :grin:

I need some advice, I want Kadan's bow, the D'shar are down to just Singal and Torbah, but it "seems" that everyone who fights against them, even if they have a 1k stacks following their Marshal, are too much of a wuss to siege either towns with only 500 garrison. A lot of the D'shar's lords defected or were indicted with treason, they have like 10 lords left, and I'm mercing for the Empire, the only faction fighting the D'shar right now and I have been personally going around with my 190 strong warband mopping and cutting most of them down to size, so now only KBK himself and his stupid crazy immortal legionnaires+ shadow legion  mercenary are left, with KBK having 350 and Syla Uzas 410, what can I do to decisively beat KBK and take his bow, OR take one of the towns so their already feeble strength will hopefully be diminished some more?

Dalloskid said:

Day 87, 97 renown, party size max 77, 4 honor, 7 Enterprises, and around 10k straight cash.

I'm basically going around in a circuit around the map, trading, collecting prisoners with just my companions and building enterprises. None of them are super amazing in combat (I have the build with Leth, then every second person) and I'm at lvl 9. Pretty mediocre, I'm just focusing on cash.

Should I keep doing what I'm doing for a while? Should I start recruiting young nobles and upgrading them to either knights or adventurers and then merc for a faction?
I'm trying to take things slow because I usually rush it and then end up restarting. So advice would be luvleh  :grin:

1) Try to set up enterprises in all towns.
2) With your companions and some mercenaries try to grind the bandits around Marleons and also forest bandits. Make sure your party is smaller than them to gain good xp, renown and loot.
3) Recruit tough troops only: Adventurers, Barclay and from rescued prisoners Rogue Knights and Heretic Magnus.
4) Pick a faction you like and become a mercenary for them, war is always profitable. Release upstanding Lords, some martial ones and capture the rest.
5) Set some goals, do you plan on winning as a King or as a vassal, set up a CKO etc.

shoshuro said:
Dalloskid said:

2) With your companions and some mercenaries try to grind the bandits around Marleons and also forest bandits. Make sure your party is smaller than them to gain good xp, renown and loot.
3) Recruit tough troops only: Adventurers, Barclay and from rescued prisoners Rogue Knights and Heretic Magnus.
4) Pick a faction you like and become a mercenary for them, war is always profitable. Release upstanding Lords, some martial ones and capture the rest.
5) Set some goals, do you plan on winning as a King or as a vassal, set up a CKO etc.

1. Yep, working on that :smile:
2. Basically doing that without mercs.
3. Should I do that now though, or bide my time?
4. I was gonna join one of the weaker ones to balance it a bit.
5. Well I definitely want to be independant, and my goals are to get 2 castles nearby each other ASAP and setup a CKO and probably the Ebony Gauntlet. Then I'll probably become a vassal and wait until the CKO is quite good, then strike out on my own.

I haven't actually won before, so I'm happy to take my time :smile:

Dalloskid said:
shoshuro said:
Dalloskid said:

3. Should I do that now though, or bide my time?
4. I was gonna join one of the weaker ones to balance it a bit.
5. Well I definitely want to be independant, and my goals are to get 2 castles nearby each other ASAP and setup a CKO and probably the Ebony Gauntlet. Then I'll probably become a vassal and wait until the CKO is quite good, then strike out on my own.

Joining a weaker faction as a mercenary is good, just built up relations with all their Lords and once you make 5-6 friends start building up your army. If a war starts and there are opportunities for your faction to capture fiefs ask the King to become a vassal.

Then when a castle gets captured and you get enough support from the Lords, you should get that fief awarded to you.

Having 2 fiefs with good garrisons and capturing a 3rd one later one is the ideal time to revolt. Make sure you have with you companions that can become good Lords so that you give them 1 fief each.

Ok, well after I level my companions a tad and grab a few more franchises I'll join a faction as a merc and start recruiting the 'Young nobles' to level up to adventurers.
My only problem is that I lack a good trainer - the higher leveled companions are low in that skill, and everyone else doesn't do loads. So getting to adventurers may take a while.

Well, currently these are my homies:
Diev, Siggy, Leslie, Kaverra, Lethaldiran, Julia, Alyssa, Alistair, Ansen, Sir Rayne.

Buut I'd like to have Jocelyn. So I'm thinking of dropping Alistair, Ansen and Sir Rayne, then picking up Frederick, boadice, Roland and Jocelyn. That build would work, right? No fighting amongst the kids?

Ok, here's a bit of a boggle... I had 11 Honor before I joined the Shadow Legion, then did their quest to win a Tournament as their champion. I won, said I gained honor. Then I did the quest to take out their rivals. Completed, got more Rank Points and standing and Honor. Now suddenly I'm at -13 Honor...

Eventually, my end goal is to create my own Knighthood Order, but that requires a whopping 70 Honor. Honor is hard enough to get WITHOUT randomly losing 20+ for no apparent reason. Anyone have a clue as to why/how this happened? I don't raid villages or caravans or anything like that.

Dalloskid said:
My homies:
Diev, Siggy, Leslie, Kaverra, Lethaldiran, Julia, Alyssa, Alistair, Ansen, Sir Rayne.

Buut I'd like to have Jocelyn. So I'm thinking of dropping Alistair, Ansen and Sir Rayne, then picking up Frederick, boadice, Roland and Jocelyn. That build would work, right? No fighting amongst the kids?

Go with Sir Roland, Rayne, Jocelyn, Boadice, Frederick, Sigismund, Leslie, Julia, Ansen, Diev, Ediz,Lethaldiran and throw in Kaverra if you like. A little bit of bickering going on between Frederick and Ansen with regular persuasion checks for them to leave which shouldn´t be that much of a problem. Those 12 chaps is the usual companion bubble I use and well, I like it. Mind you, I don´t play on realistic save. All that alt-tabbing was far too much annoyance.

I need vassels.

I am at about 700 days in. I have had my own kingdom now for at least 100.

D Shar is gone, mostly killed by the Fierds.
I finished off the Ravenstern and have all of their territory.
Sarleons are down to a few fiefs, but wont last long I suspect.

I have made some companions lords, due to the fact that I have only got 2 lords to come over. My RTR is 86, and I have had a town, a castle, and 4 villages with no lords for a looong time now.

All the Ex-Ravenstern folks are going Empire or Fierds. All the Fierds that like me (relationships at 50+) are happy with their king. All the Empire that like me are happy as well. Nobody will join me.

Any advice?

those  with  30+  good relationship with you :
capture them (after battle ... ) , wait for them to be healed ((~20%) ,they bring  their fiefs to your kingdom ), ask them to join you (prisoners dialogue)  ... win  :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom