Best Games

Users who are viewing this thread

Ok, anyone willing to give me a link for a Gothic demo download? i have searched underdogs but they are so huge its like lookin for a bee in the biggest mall there is.

Any FREE links would be nice, im sick of trying to get memberships to all these sites that require you to pay blablabla for a membership.....

Ian

FPS: FarCry, Call of Duty, Half Life 2

RPG: Morrowind, Knights of the Old Republic (and if you've played the first, you'd want to play the Sith Lords too, even though it is not as good).

Strategy: Rome: Total War, Medieval: Total War - Viking Invasion, Europa Universalis II, Crusader Kings

R:TW has a great modding community (in fact, the game wouldn't be half as good without it), and there are some pretty major TC's coming out in the future, as well as all the excellent mods - both major and minor - that are already out there. Ones to look out for are: Napoleonic: Total War 2, Chivalry: Total War, Fall of Rome: Total War, Europa Barbarorum, Rome: Total Realism (+ submods), SPQR, Middle-earth: Total War, Citadel: Total War, and The Fourth Age: Total War (check sig). There are many others out there, too many to name.

Lagus: I buy a lot of my games from play.com. They tend to have a lot of bargains, and they have free shipping. Also a good place to buy books and dvds. They currently have M:TW - VI for 17.99 (Battle Collection) and EU II for 7.99.

- Adanedhil

Try Unrealworld: http://www.jmp.fi/~smaarane/urw.html
Never bought it my self, I had the unregistered version though. It is an openended survival game, where you can do lots of things and I mean literally lots of stuff (not just whack different type of enemies). Don't be fended off by the graphics :wink:.

Strategy games: any of the Total War series. Shogun, Medieval or Rome

FPS: HL2 mainly so you get Counterstrike source

Other games: Sid Miere's Pirates is good fun

Rome total war, i assure you that you won't regret buying it, if you want a medieval warfare, don't get medieval total war, get Rome total war and install Chivary total war

Henderson said:
Rome total war, i assure you that you won't regret buying it, if you want a medieval warfare, don't get medieval total war, get Rome total war and install Chivary total war

Are you sure? I liked medieval more than rome, not just because of the weapons..

yes, but there is also a napoleon total war mod coming, and i'm sure to dowload that. and yes, but i want you to know, if you have RTW, get the newest patch, and wait for the new version of chivary total war, the new version contains the campainge. anyway, if you are to get total war, get rome total war - 1.2patch - new version of chivary total war - PLAY!!

And if you realy buy Rome Total War be sure to NOT play the original campaign (or youll be dissapointed).
Better install a Mod first, even if you wanna play Ancient warfare.
Rome Totak Realism is the best in that reagrd now (and the Roma Submod is a work of art), but that might change once Europa Barbarorum is released.

On other good games:
Daggerfall - the precursor to morrowind.
15xxAD (dont no the exact number anymore) - was a game very similar in concept to M&B
The Great Battles line (Table Top Total war :wink:

SPWW2 (2nd world war version) and SPMBT (main battle tank, modern version) are great freeware games. Very cool, hex and turn based tactical warfare, from small strike forces to army groups.

http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm

Good sized downloads, but freakin great if you're a tactics nut.

My current favourites are:
-Half Life series (FPS. Everyone with a PC should already have the original though)
-Battlefield series (Multiplayer)
-Deus Ex (FPS/RPG hybrid. Bizarre. I don't like DE:Invisible War much though)
-Operation Flashpoint (combat sim with realistic damage)
-Thief 3 OR Splinter Cell 3 (stealth)
-Stronghold 2 (RTS)
-Runescape (MMO. http://www.runescape.com/)

'Tis a rather long list, but it does describe all my favourites.

There:
- Baldurs Gate 2 (epic, I start cry when speaking about it.. *sniff*)
- Orvelot (http://users.tkk.fi/~jpkokkon/orvelot/download/orv-096s.zip test if you have guts to. if you test, REMEMBER TO CHANGE from 3D MOD TO 2D!)
- Civilization 1
- Seven Kingdoms 1
- King's Quest
- Savage Empire
- Ultima's
- Mount&Blade
- Neverwinter Nights (ONLY ONLINE ROLEPLAYING!)
- Medieval: Total War

Those are PC.. I like LARP, PnP and Board- rpg'es more :smile:

Nairagorn said:
SPWW2 (2nd world war version) and SPMBT (main battle tank, modern version) are great freeware games. Very cool, hex and turn based tactical warfare, from small strike forces to army groups.

http://linetap.com/www/drg/SPCamo.htm

Good sized downloads, but freakin great if you're a tactics nut.
Man, those bring back memories. I was probably the only 14-year-old in my state (NM, USA) to be weird enough to be play Steel Panthers and plotting defensive tactics against German panzer assaults and fighting that hypothetical German attack on the Kremlin.

People, don't slam the graphics or old-style gameplay, if you're into tank tactics, infantry combat, and careful planning, then you may love this game. It survives due to its recreation of the feeling that your decisions matter more than your reflexes. Cool stuff.

And the graphics are actually pretty damn good for the style of game. The units are pretty detailed, you can tell visually how many men are left in your squads. Really top-notch, and free.

Man, those bring back memories. I was probably the only 14-year-old in my state (NM, USA) to be weird enough to be play Steel Panthers and plotting defensive tactics against German panzer assaults and fighting that hypothetical German attack on the Kremlin.

I hear ya :lol: Steel Panthers is really what got me into playing computer games in general. Well, Steel Panthers and the gold box RPG titles (Secret of the Silver Blades, Pool of Radiance, etc). Still play those from time to time.

Nairagorn said:
And the graphics are actually pretty damn good for the style of game. The units are pretty detailed, you can tell visually how many men are left in your squads. Really top-notch, and free.

Oh, yeah I agree - that's one of the reasons I played them because of the top-down views of the armored vehicles and the terrain was acceptably like board wargames.

However, people used to RTS style WW2 graphics or from games like Codename Panzers, Sudden Strike, etc. might not feel the same and not take SP as seriously. Too bad. For Them.

Anyway, the COMBAT MISSION series are my current fav WW2 tactical games - I recommend Battlefront.com as a good way of checking it out. When I DL'd the demo I didn't like it much - but then it grew on me.

Back
Top Bottom