Best Faction To Join

Users who are viewing this thread

Hi guys just wondering what the best M&B Warband faction there is to join, or tips on knew kingdoms, I am new here and I just made an acc, loving this game so far.

all factions are good in their own way... how do you like to play?

Nords - strongest infantry and decent archers

vaegir - strongest archers and decent knights and infantry (dont use shields much?)

swadia - strong knights

khergit - horses, good on flat battlefields, not as good on sieges

sarranid - pretty good knights and avarage archers and infantry

rhodoks - very defensive, strong defence and very strong crossbowmen and decent infantry

wakko2k said:
all factions are good in their own way... how do you like to play?

Nords - strongest infantry and decent archers

vaegir - strongest archers and decent knights and infantry (dont use shields much?)

swadia - strong knights

khergit - horses, good on flat battlefields, not as good on sieges

sarranid - pretty good knights and avarage archers and infantry

rhodoks - very defensive, strong defence and very strong crossbowmen and decent infantry

Pretty much summed it up.

Thing about Swadia is that they have Knights. Knights are strong melee and Calvary units. On foot, they are strong because they have good armor and weapons and on horse, they are strong too. The only thing they're lacking is ranged attacks. They are pretty much the perfect soldier to have. The only fraction that has a troop that rivals Swadian Knights are Sarranid with their Mamlukes. They too are good Calvary and melee units.

I think Vaegir actually have weak knights. I think their strength is with their archers.

i think Khergit is the best because
i use so many commands while the battle and Khergit archers r very useful.
they r very fast in moving cause they r horse archers.
u can order them to follow u to a place far from the enemy and tell them to hold that position and fire at will.
almost more than half of enemy troops will be killed till they reach u and others would probably route.
if u have an army with 100 khergit veteran horse archers, u will defeat any army this way

Swadians are my choice a army of a  couple hundred knights and sharpshooters can fulfill any task you would need and definitely are great for sieging castles.

favorite factions-Swadia Vergir Sarranid
least favorite- Rhondock,nord
iffy khergirit player faction

reasons
swadia- great heavy cav tough units even militia can put up some fight
vergir- good cav as well as good archers and inf
Sarranaid- pretty much the same vergir except heavier cav

nord- no cav at all
rhondock- good spearmen yes can counter cav very well but the kergirsits can just ride around them all day picking them off

Kergirit- not sure yes they can drag on field battles and pick them off and yes they can put arrows in everything they see in sieges but their units are way to soft even their lancers are often no very effective like swadian knights
player faction, yes you are king and yes you Can do diplomatic stuff but.... you cant really make a unique faction the units are un unique and you cant really make a unique political thingy.

i hope in mount and blade 2 they will make a better system on this

Pick Swadia, then build up a force of 80+ Knights, any fight that has moderately flat ground will be so one-sided in your favor.

Of course, on sieges, you'll probably get owned incredibly hard, but what can ya do?

TheGrim said:
Of course, on sieges, you'll probably get owned incredibly hard, but what can ya do?
No.
They are good in sieges too, but its just horrible to lose many knights in a siege battle, where their losses will be greater than in a field battle.

BTW, I only use Swadian Infantry + Sergeants, for more coolness and challenge. (Although directing cavalry is a challenge for me too, as I fight on foot and use the simple infantry tactics.)

Captured Joe said:
TheGrim said:
No.
They are good in sieges too, but its just horrible to lose many knights in a siege battle, where their losses will be greater than in a field battle.

BTW, I only use Swadian Infantry + Sergeants, for more coolness and challenge. (Although directing cavalry is a challenge for me too, as I fight on foot and use the simple infantry tactics.)

Only Swadian infantry? Swad infantry units, at least IMO, are pretty sub-standard compared to everyone elses. Maybe that's just because I don't ever use infantry. Whenever I make an army, it's about 75/25 in terms of Cavalry and Archers, if you pick some Mamelukes or some Knights from Vaeg/Swad then you can make it through pretty much any fight.

Also, Knights are okay in sieges. I wouldn't use the term "good," because they are easily picked off by archers, at least compared to Swad infantry.

darksinergy said:
Nords. Cause they be the best at sieges. And almost 80% of battles happen outside fields, defending your towns.

This. Nords are by far the easiest and most war-intuned Kingdom. War is Calradia so it's perfect.
All other Kingdoms have their strengths, and challenges, but Nords support and battle with those strengths well.

As far as the Knights in other factions...I haven't paid attention much to them in the original M&B, but I know as far as Warband goes, a horde of Vaegir Knights is easily matched to a horde of Swadian Knights, and very well worth the while.

i like my own faction :smile: but on troop terms i like swadian knights with horse archers for open battles and rhodock crossbowmen with nord infantry/swadian knights(if the castle may be harder to take or i don't care about losses) for siege attacks or defending  a castle or capital

Swadia for sure!
Pros
1.Excellent knight even they got nerfed.
2.Good Infantrys with heavy armor and a fine weapon behind only by Nords.
Cons
Swadia's sharpshooter is not enough but atleast they wears heavy armor.

Back
Top Bottom