AAR: Dust and Blood (Chapter 5 posted)

Users who are viewing this thread

Anderhil

Veteran
                                                                                  PROLOUGE
                                                                                    My early life

For almost 19 years, I've travelled the world, sailed the seas, seen the strange lands. But last times I got totally lost. Every ship I sail got sunken on different storms. Few times I got rescued from certain death, but I know this.....Sun still rises, sea is still blue, but stars don't look same. The old constellations I have learned to trust have all disappeared, and new ones blink in the night. I don't know how this is possible: all I know is that I'm very far away from my home.

My home....... I haven't been there for totally 19 years. My dear Serbia. Beatufull peacefull little country in west of Balkans Peninsula. For all I know my children and everyone I love must think I'm dead. I don't know if I ever can go back, so it is easier to forget my past and move on to what lies ahead of me. But even after more than two decades, it still hurts how it all ended. My name is Stephen II, son of Serbian Despot Miroslav V. I was borned 1221 in city of Smederevo, former capital of Serbia. In year 1234 my father died all of suddenly. I was his only son and heir, and I was known as Despot Stephen II of Serbia. Three years later, when I was 16 I married Lady Nia of Belgrade. We got three beatifull sons. They miss me so much, that I can't even imagine it.

My trouble became while I was at London, at the tournament. After I defeated on English Counts in final, he tried to kill me. Of course I succesfully defended myself, but I killed that Count. They accused me to lifetime prison. I escaped with my ship, but got caught with the terrible storm. One of fisherman saved my life. While I was listening to the sailors and fishermen, I learned we are traveling to a strange land. It has six kingdoms, and it was called Calradia. They droped me at town of Sargoth, the capital of kingdom of Nords. I'll write more when I get there.

Chapter 1 - Doom of kidnappers
                                                                                23 March 1257

On 23 march 1257,I get to Sargoth, a capital of Nord kingdom. I heard from townsmen that the ruler of this kingdom is king Ragnar I found accommodation in one of Sargoth inns. In middle of night, I was awakened by something. I took my weapons and walked out of inn, when I saw a strange man. He muredered one of townsmen. On bad luck he saw me, and attacked me. I dogded and  swinged my sword in left, cutting his throat. He fell to the ground dead. In front of me I saw man running towards me. He was unarmed. He said me to go with him, but I was wondering why. He told me guards will come here soon, and they will condemn me to death. I had no choice, but to go with him. At his place he introducet himself. He was a local merchant of Sargoth.
otVQW.jpg

Bandit attacked me, but he is dead now.

After a short talk, he asked me a favor. He wanted from me to gather few men from nearby villages, and save his brother from bandits. I agreed because he saved my life tonight. Merchant told me that few bandits are in outskirts of Sargoth waiting for a ransom. I accepted a quest to rescue his brother. I went to Fenada and recruited 6 farmers. While I was returning to Sargoth I encountered bandits waiting a ransom. I defeated them easily. When their leader told me location of their hideout, I spared his life. Hideout was near village of Fenada. After 5 hours, I get to hideout.
Me and my little army, sneaked in a hideout. It looks like bandits didn't noticed us yet. When one of bandits saw us, we charged at them
We were fighting with full strenght. 4 of them charged at me. I was killing them slowly one by one, while my soldiers were killing other bandits
After a 10 minutes of fighting we killed totaly 23 bandits. They were not very skilled. Victory was ours. We succesfully saved a merchants brother. He was very gratefull to me and my farmers.
NLfOy.jpg

I defeated bandits and rescued merchants brother

In tavern I met merchant. He paid me 200 denars he promised. Merchant doubted the one of king Ragnar's best captains. He told me, captain is maybe kin to kidnappers. Leader of kidnappers was woman that captain love. I managed to spy captain. Merchant's doubts were true, captain is kin to bandits and he was planning to kill the merchant. I immideately reported this to merchant. After he heard this, he got very scared. I said I would protect him. We walked out of tavern, and saw bandits charging at merchant. Guards of town gates saw them and attacked them, but one bandit punched merchant from behind. I took my sword and killed him. When bandits saw this, 3 of them attacked me. After a short fight i killed them. 10 minutes passed. Captain was caught and killed. Bandits that survived escaped together with their leader. Guards thank me for help, and merchant too. I managed to be king, but first I will need strong army and wealth to do that.

Err... proper grammar and better graphics would really improve the AAR, so far it's just a usual "start a new game" story with crappy quality.

I will continue this aar if i want. Dont read it!
OK! I will post aar pics with better quality next time!

I say, only continue writing if you enjoy doing so.
Probably you could try improving your writing style? Now it's more telegram-style: short (and rather lifeless) sentences, telling simply what you've done. Try telling it more like you would tell a story. I recommend reading this AAR, it inspired people to write their thing, and shows how a good AAR looks.
By the way, your style reminds me of Chobo the Barbarian, my big example and a military genius.

Good Luck!

Captured Joe said:
I say, only continue writing if you enjoy doing so.
Probably you could try improving your writing style? Now it's more telegram-style: short (and rather lifeless) sentences, telling simply what you've done. Try telling it more like you would tell a story. I recommend reading this AAR, it inspired people to write their thing, and shows how a good AAR looks.
By the way, your style reminds me of Chobo the Barbarian, my big example and a military genius.

Good Luck!

Thanks. I'm started reading Me, Floris 2 months ago. That's my favourite aar on forum. Thank you very much

Chapter 2-Quests, and just quests
                                                                                                23 march 1257

Dear Diary,

It was morning when I woke up. I put my clothes, and took my weapons, and managed to meet king Ragnar. Asking the townsmen, I learned king Ragnar is in outskirts of Sargoth, patroling for enemies. I quickly gathered my men and went to the king. After 2 hours I found king.As a former King, I knew the ways of the court, and managed to get an audience, event though I was an unknown beggar in his eyes. I introduced myself to Ragnar, and told him about my early life in Serbia. Ragnar enjoyed listening to me. After a short talk, Ragnar offered me a quest. All he needed is taxes from Sargoth. As a reward he offerd me fifth of taxes. I gladly accepted. After I said goodbye to Ragnar, I rode towards Sargoth to collect taxes. It will took me 5 days to collect taxes.
m5uRZ.jpg

King Ragnar offering a quest of tax collector

I was enjoying doing this quest. when citizens of Sargoth have hampered me in the business. Me and my three men stand up against them. There was 13 peasant rebels we need to defeat. They had clubs and butchering knives, and me and my men had only a staff. Peasants attacked us. 5 of them attacked me, but they were of course not enough skilled to defeat me, former king of Serbia. Guards of Sargoth thrown peasants in jail. I was feeling sorry for them, because I took only money they had.
wcn8N.jpg

I got interrupted in my job

After 5 days I collected all taxes, and bring them to king Ragnar. As a reward I got 1500 denars. King offered me another quest. He wanted me to kill a famous murderer Tamus the Red. Tamus killed one of Ragnar's best captain. As a reward I will get 300 denars. I accepted a quest. I learned Tamus was hiding in village of Ruvar. Journey to Ruvar will take no less than 3 days. I checked my food stock, and prepared for Journey. While I was traveling I encountered a band of Sea Raiders. They were known as a skilled warriors, even if they appear in small numbers. More then half of my warriors were killed by Sea Raiders, but victory was ours. These bandits are going on my nervs. Next time I will not lose any soldiers.
wF3Xo.jpg

King Ragnar offering a quest to hunt down a danqerous criminal

Qurrent stats of Stephen
JpYih.jpg

Chapter 3- Journey through Calradia
                                                                                march 28 1257

Dear Diary,

After 3 days of riding I get to the village of Ruvar. While I was able to convice 4 Vaegir, and 2 Nord farmers to seek their fortune in war and join me. Finally after 3 days of horse riding I get it to the Ruvar. I entered the village and started  search for Tamus the Red. I searched the whole village but didn't found him. I learned maybe peasants will show me where he is hiding. For half a hour I was asking the peasants but still I didn't found him. And finally one farmer show me where Tamus is hiding. He was hiding in one of hottages on the nearby hill. I get inside of hottage and attacked him. Tamus was pretty skilled. 10 minutes we were fighting, when he throw me though one of windows. He stabbed me in leg with his sword. It was really painfull. Somehow I standed up and attacked him. I succesfully disarmed him. Then I stabbed him through his stomach. He fell on ground dead.
lIxt1.jpg

Murderer..... laying dead on dirty ground

When villagers saw their neighbour dead, laying on the ground. The were filled with anger, and started shooting me with stones. Can you imagine it? One of them shooted me in my head, stunning me. One of my men saved me. We escaped from village. I checked my food stock and prepared for journey to Sargoth. I was riding the main road when I saw group of Sea Raiders attacked small group of ManHunters. I joined battle, and helped ManHunters. This time Sea Raiders had appeared in larger number, and shown they are more skilled than last ones.More then half of my men died in battle,and rest of them was wounded badly. When I defeated Sea Raiders I loot their equipement and sold it in Sargoth when I get there. I entered a tavern, when after a two drinks of beer, known ranger Ymira joined me and my band.
qrcrz.jpg

Ranger Ymira joins my band

I walked in arena of Sargoth when I saw there are tournament preparations. Tournament will be held in Sargoth arena in noon . I joined the tournament. After few hard rounds, I made it to the final. King Ragnar against me. Of course I defeated skilled king and won the tournament. I got 200 denars as a reward and 3980 denars from clever bets I did. When I won tournament King allowed me to join the feast held in Ragnar's hall. There I met Jarl Aedin. I heard rumors that say his daughter is most beautiful woman in whole Calradia, but I didn't heard her name. I managed to improve my relation with Aedin. I asked for quest, but his answer was a negative. He had no quests to help him with. There I improved my relation with king Ragnar when I met him in hall.
gMTYu.jpg

Me.... Joined the royal feast

Stephen. Later I won tournament at Tihr, where i get 4180 denars. I'm little famous in Nord kingdom.
Xk7Xu.jpg

Qurrent stats of Stephen
T6zpY.jpg

Chapter 4 - Trade tour, and vassalage
                                                                            4 April 1257

Dear Diary,
today, I'm writing from tavern in Sargoth.
After I conducdet my business with king, I tried to find another job, so I decided to use trade route between Curaw and Ichamur. I heard from peasants, I can buy Iron here and sell it at Ichamur from 250. Iron here at Curaw was really cheap, it's cost only 50 denars. I bought all Iron from the Curaw, and prepared for journey to Ichamur. When I get into steepe, I need to  be carefull of those Steepe Bandits. I heard rumors, that says these bandits are very deadly, they have no mercy when they get you. Many merchants were killed by them. So I decided to gather 5 farmers. I went on journey. One day later, I encountered a small party of Vaegir deserters. They attacked my smal band. Few of them were on horses, and rest of soldiers were infatry and archers. Of course, After a short fight me and my men obtain victory. We continued journey tommorow. I couldn't sleep. Whole night I though about what is happenning in Serbia, how are my sons, and my wife. I knew there is no way to get back in Serba, but every day I was hoping there is something that will bring me back to Serbia, to my kingdom. When it was morning, I was attacked by steepe bandits. They killed almost whole my army, but they were not strong enough to defeat me. In evening I arrived to Ichamur, and sold Iron for totally 4046 denars. Nice amount of denars isn't it!
flr9W.jpg

My travel to Ichamur

I sold Iron at Ichamur and made profit of 4046 denars. Later that day, I decided to get back to Nord kingdom, cuz I wanted to have good relation with Ragnar. I prepared my army for new journey. After one day deserters attacked me again. This time I defeated them easily without any victims in my party. I looted their equipement and 156 denars they had. I said they'll regret for leaving their army. After I finally rode to Sargoth, king Ragnar offered me a quest.
I had to deliver the message to Count Ryis, vassal of king Harlaus of Swadia, who was in Ryibelet castle when Ragnar gave me this quest. My reward was 30 denars. It looks like Ragnar was a miser, cuz to get to Ryibelet castle will take me 3 days- I accepted a quest, just because of my friendship with Ragnar.
xBtjY.jpg

Quest king Ragnar gave me

I bought some linen, and decided to sell it at Curaw, hoping to make big amount of denars from it. Me and my army of farmers traveled fastest as we could do. On half a way I saw a strange man on horse running towards me. I took my sword. When I saw he is unarmed I allowed him to stay front of me. After short talk he introduced himself. He was one of king Ragnar's messangers. I unsealed the message and read it. I was suprised when I read the part where king Ragnar was offering me a vassalage and fief of Mechin. I accepted, and all I had to do is to go to king and swear oath of homage. It looks like I had little influence over the king. There isn't even a month since I arrived to Calradia, and I the beggar, became trusted Jarl of kingdom of Nords. I'm still not Jarl, but I will be soon.
6NrHd.jpg

Vassalage offer message Ragnar sent me

Hey i need your help. Do you know where i can download native module. But ordinary native not native expansion. I need it for warband. Can please somebody put a link to download. I cant continue this aar without it

CHAPTER 5- Vassalage and first assault
                                                                                                                  april 14 1257

Dear Diary,
I sold velvet in Curaw, and made profit of 1500 denars. After 2 days I rode towards Sargoth. I wished to answer King Ragnar's vassalage offer. When I was on half way, I heard from travellers good  news. Kingdom of Vaegirs and Kheright khanate made peace. I never liked war anyway. I remmember 10 years ago, me and my army helped crusaders against Turks in Holy Land. In Serbia I am king, but here, I am beggar. When I was near village off Fenada, I spotted party of jarl Faarn. I paid him a visit. After a short talk and cup of tea, Faarn offered me to join Kingdom of Nords as a mercenary in their war against Swadia.
adCaB.jpg

I joined Nords as a mercenary

I joined Nords as a mercenary. All of suddenly, Faarn offered me another job. Objectives for this quest were to collect taxes from village of Vayejeg. My reward was fifth amount of collected taxes. I gladly accepted, not because job was easy, but to increase my relationship with Faarn. Vayejeg was not far away from Sargoth, so after I accept vassalage offer, I will go to village to collect taxes. I heard from Jarl Faarn, King Ragnar was near Suno., one of most important cities of Swadia. It will take me two days t o get there. After a few moments, I saw man on horizon. It was one of jarl Turegor's courirs. He gave me a letter. In letter I read Jarl Turegor is calling me fr his military campaign. He was near Suno, just like Ragnar. I reached walls of Suno. Nord army was was in their tents, waiting for right moment to strike on city. Then I saw Ragnar. He said he was excepting me, Ragnar offered me a vassalage himself. I of course accepted.
TKge4.jpg

Ragnar offered me a vassalage

Now I was known as a Jarl Stephen of Nords. I started from a trash. Look at me now. I'm one of honoured Calradian nobles. We were laying siege on Suno. Best enginners were building ladders for the assault. I disquised and sneaked into the city. I walked in tavern and hired 4 mercenary crossbowman for 492 denars. After a one beer, in corner I saw man. He was looking very sad. I asked him what is the reason, when he told me his village is under attack. Bandits were stealing their money, food, they were raping their wifes and children. They were murdering innocent people. Can you men please imagine it? That man told me his village's name is Ruluns. It was not far away from Suno. I rode with my small army to Ruluns. Bandits already attacked the village. Me and my army filled with anger what we saw, do a curious charge on bandits. Battle was hard, but victory was ours. No one bandit survived. Nobody of my men died, while one farmer died, ant other nine were heavily wounded. Farmers were really grateful, and offered me food, tools and all other useful things for me and my party, but I refused, knowing they need that thing more than I do
9lzJ6.jpg

Battle with bandits

After this, nine swadian farmers were willing to join me and my army in upcoming battles, knowing they might die in battle. These farmers were really brave, knowing they will join assault on their own city. While I was riding to Suno, Count Rafard and Count Tredian were after me, but they were not enough fast to capture me. I escaped them and reached walls of Suno. After 2 hours, I joined next upcoming attack. One by one, Swadians were falling from the walls. When we get on the walls, I and my friend King Ragnar charged soldiers on the east of walls. Battle was hard with a lot men suffered in battle, but victory was ours.
19mve.jpg

We defeated enemies on walls

rYljl.jpg

We defeated enemies in heart of town

J7unw.jpg

We atttacked enemies in palace

These are current stats of Stephen
rZb2S.jpg

Renown is also good.
2Fs8P.jpg

Back
Top Bottom