How terrible is this card?

Users who are viewing this thread

So I was pretty much forced to get an expensive tablet as my college computer thing and kind of pissed because I would have rather bought something that can actually play games in addition to do fancy-schmancy school stuff since I can't be arsed to spend the money on a desktop right now. Basically, the specs on it are decent i7 and 4 gigs of RAM, but I have no idea about the card. From what I have read, it should be fairly decent, but things like Oblivion (Medium settings) and GTA San Andreas (full) have been a bit laggy so I am thinking it may be primarily because of the card since it is an integrated one (then again, I don't know too much about what affects how games run).

So, I want to know to what the limits would be for gaming on the card.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Graphics-3000.37948.0.html

I have never used integrated graphics but according to the site, it can run some new things on low settings.

First performance tests by Andandtech (with a desktop pre-sample without TurboBoost) indicate a gaming performance on a level with the desktop ATI Radeon HD 5450 (comparable to the Mobility Radeon HD 5450). In low detail settings and 1024x768 the HD Graphics 200 was faster than the 5450 in Batham, Dragon Origins, Call of Duty MW2, and Bioshock 2. In Dawn of War 2 and Hawx the Intel Graphics stayed a bit behind. The framerates were always high enough to be playable. Intel also conducted some tests on the IDF 2010 and showed a playable Starcraft 2 at medium detail settings. That means that the GMA HD 200 should be able to render current games fluently in low-medium detail settings (see 5450 page for a list of playable games).

Oblivion is a piece of **** for benchmarking since it's old and doesn't take advantage of developments very new at the time like dual cores.

Tablets can play games? So its true! Desktop pcs are becoming obsolete! Boycott the touch screens and tablets! Save your towers!

Back
Top Bottom