Cartread - For his skeleton model
Luigi - For his weapon pack
Yoshiboy - For some of his Pirate items
Great Duke - For some of the more exotic firearms
Archonsod - Head Scripter
Ursca - Modelling and Texturing
Tostig - Texturing

Overview:

Warhammer Mod is a total conversion for Mount and Blade based on the Warhammer World of Games Workshop's Warhammer Fantasy Battle game and roleplaying game.
Set in the aftermath of the Storm of Chaos, you guide the fate of a common person to fight for the survival of the Empire or take a hand in it's destruction by the forces of darkness.
The setting is The League of Ostermark, a backwater province of the Empire. Beset from the south by the Vampire counts, from the north by the hordes of chaos and from the east by the Greenskins of the world's edge mountains, it is a rugged place accustomed to constant warfare.

For more information, I would suggest further reading here.
A slightly briefer introduction can be found here.

The Mod shall be completed in several sections with one area being completed before the next one is started.
Here is a rough map of the areas;
colourareamapcopy.jpg

Planned Features for Area 1(to be finalised):

• A new map
    1stzonemap.jpg
  • A completely new set of items, replacing many of Native's
  • Several new races
  • A career system to track your choices throughout the game
  • A "small landmark" system

Current Progress

Empire;

Weapons;
  • Rapier Done - Luigi
  • Flamberg Done - Luigi
  • Handgun/Arquebus Done - Luigi
  • Duelling Pistol Done - Luigi
  • One-handed Sigmarite Hammer Done - Ursca
  • Two-handed Sigmarite Hammer Done - Ursca
  • Halberd Done - Luigi
  • Repeater Pistol Done - Great Duke
  • Cavalry Hammer Done - Luigi

Shields;
  • Standard shield Done - Ursca
  • Buckler Done - Ursca
  • Sigmarite Shield Done - Ursca

Helmets;
  • Various hats Done - Luigi (New texture and added feathers)
  • New Skullcap? Done - Ursca
  • Hood Done - Ursca
  • Hood with cloth over mouth Done - Ursca
  • Open-faced Sallet Helm Done - Ursca - Ursca
  • Bellows-faced Sallet Helm Done - Ursca
  • German Sallet Helm Done - Ursca
  • Cultist Hood Done - Ursca
  • New Kettle HelmDone - Ursca
  • Studded Iron Circlet (with nasal armour?) Done - Ursca

Armour;
  • Cultist/Zealot Robes (Only covering legs) Done - Ursca
  • Short Quilted Jacket Done - Ursca
  • Short Studded Jacket Done - Ursca
  • Leather Riding Coat Done - Ursca
  • Landsknecht armour with no breastplate Done - Ursca
  • Landsknecht armour with leather breastplate Done - Ursca
  • Landsknecht armour with steel breastplate Done - Ursca
  • Half Landsknecht armour, half plate armour Done - Ursca
  • Full Plate armour Done - Ursca
  • Sigmarite Warrior-Priest armour (chainmail) Done - Tostig
  • Heavy Sigmarite Warrior-Priest armour (breastplate and pauldrons) Done - Ursca
  • Generic Merchant Outfit. (see Mordheim Marienburgers) Done - Ursca

Foot armour;
  • New Hose Done - Ursca
  • Riding boots Done - 2 versions, Ursca, Yoshiboy

Horses;
  • New charger with plate armour Done retexture, might need new mesh in future version - Ursca

Ghouls

Racial;
  • Body Texture Done - Ursca
  • Face Texture Done - Ursca

Weapons;
  • Bone Done - Ursca
  • Sickle Done - Ursca
  • Cleaver Done - Ursca

Zombies;

Racial;
  • Zombie Body Done Retexture - Ursca

Helmets;
  • Zombified Hats Done - Ursca

Armour;
  • Zombie Tunic Done - Ursca
  • Zombie Tunic 2 Done - Ursca
  • Zombie Apron Done - Ursca

Skeletons;

Racial;
  • Skeleton Body Done - Cartread

Armour;
  • Skeleton Uniforms Done - Ursca

Wights;

Helmets;
  • Wight Helmet Done - Ursca

Armour;
  • Wight Armour Done - Ursca

Night Goblins; - Postponed

Racial;
  • Goblin skeleton and possible animations Needs Doing
  • Goblin Body Needs Doing
  • Goblin Head Needs Doing

Weapons;
  • NG Dagger Needs Doing
  • NG Sword Nearly Done
  • NG Bow Needs Doing
  • NG Moon-axe Needs Doing

Shield;
  • NG Shield Needs Doing

Helmets;
  • NG Hood Needs Doing
  • NG Boss Hood (big and pointy) Needs Doing

Armour;
  • NG Robes Needs Doing

Foot Armour;
  • NG Boots Needs Doing
  • NG Foot wrappings Needs Doing

Ulricans; - Postponed

Weapons;
  • One-handed Ulrican Axe (Reskin with Ulrican 'U'?) Needs Doing
  • Two-handed Ulrican Axe (Reskin with Ulrican 'U'?) Needs Doing

Helmets;
  • Ulrican wolf head helm Needs Doing - next chapter?
  • Ulrican bear-skull helm Needs Doing - next chapter?
  • Ulrican Antler Cap Needs Doing - next chapter?

Armour;
  • Ulrican Warrior-Priest armour (chainmail, grey with furs) Needs Doing - next chapter?
  • Heavy Ulrican Warrior-Priest armour (breastplate and pauldrons, grey with furs) Mesh Done - Ursca - next chapter?
  • Wolf-kin armourNeeds Doing - next chapter?

Others;
  • Map Needs Doing

Race Height Chart:
Raceheightchartextracopy-1.jpg

Screenshots
Here

All help is welcome. :smile:

Help Needed

If you would like to help with the mod, but don't have the ability to model or texture, you can help out by decorating scenes.
To start off, we need 4 town scenes. A tutorial with all you need to know is contained in the next post.

Scene making/ Edit Mode Tutorial

How to get to Edit Mode.

First, start M&B, and go to 'configure' at the beginning. In the last tab (Advanced), click the tick-box for 'edit mode'.
To set up a blank slate for your scene, go to your M&B folder > Modules. Copy the native folder, paste it and rename it 'Warhammer mod scenes' or something.
Start M&B again, choose the 'Warhammer mod scenes' mod from the menu, and play. Make a quick character and go to zendar.
Now press alt enter to go into windowed mode. Press Ctrl E to open the edit mode window.

You're in!
Your screen should look something like this. I used the 4 ways inn instead.

Controls

Click and drag - look around
Right click - Select object
w - forward
a - left
s - back
d - right
f - Up
c - down
ctrl + any movement key - go fast!
Delete - Delete object

Start off by clearing the Zendar objects out of the scene by right clicking them and pressing delete. Do this to everything apart from the the yellow arrows.

Adding an object -

In the edit mode window (Windowed - alt - enter)
go to edit objects, in the bottom window (Add object) scroll through the list to find an object you would like to place in the scene. We'll choose a bed.
Click the name, and click add object
It should look like this now

To move the object, hold 'g' and move to mouse to move it on a horizontal plane. Hold 't' and move to move it vertically.
holding z,x or y and dragging will rotate the object round the respective axis.
Example

To deselect the object, right click off it. If you want to select an object to move, right click it.

Painting the ground texture

Click 'ground paint'. choose a ground texture from the drop-down menu.
Radius changes the size of the 'brush'
Weight changes the opacity of the brush
Hardness changes the softness of the edges of the brush

I would suggest painting most of the ground in the 'village' and dirt textures. Basically everything apart from snow, dried grass and a little normal grass.

I painted it all in village first
Then turned the hardness down to 0 and the weight to 0.25 and added some dirt and path texture.

That should be all you need to start on your town editing. If you want to place buildings where people are standing, simply move their arrow to somewhere in the middle and place the object over them.
When you're finished editing, press ctrl E to exit and save changes. If you want to test the scene, I'd recommend leaving the town and reentering.That will put all the collision meshes in place.

Scenes Needed:

Exterior Scenes
  • Osterwald town centre
  • Eisental town centre
  • Nachtdorf town centre (needs town square to put gallows in)
  • Blutfurt ruins
  • Lumber camp
    (Including Taal and Ulric shrines.)
  • Mine
  • Bandit camp
  • Bandit camp defences
    (Palisade wall blocking rocky valley)
  • Some farms
    (Fields, drystone walls, the odd house. Windmill near town.)
  • Garden of Morr

Interior scenes

• Taverns for Osterwald, Eisental and Nachtdorf
  • Forges for Osterwald, Eistental and Nachtdorf
  • Merchants for Osterwald, Eistental and Nachtdorf
  • Surgery
  • Temple of Sigmar for Osterwald, Eistental and Nachtdorf
  • Mine

Did I forget anything?

Dunno, you want to list by section or everything at once?

Of those mentioned, I can only think of a couple of Gobbo specific stuff (wolves instead of horses, gobbo looking armour & weapons). Perhaps Chaos armour and weapons too (you know the thing, screaming faces/flesh textures and similar).

Maybe some daemonic units too? Steeds of Slaanesh or Discs of Tzeench might be doable as mounts.

I'll add more if I think of anything else model wise.

Alright, excellent. I know I have been around to edit the thread I made, or anything, but my comp's been in disarray. You guys have been doing an excellent job. Just a quick suggestion, about the Sigmarite hammer, I noticed you have both a one handed and two handed version. Personally, I'd like to see it done in the style of the bastard sword, one-handed/two-handed.
It'd be distinctive, and you could make it more of a reward item for a willing disciple of Sigmar. Just an idea for discussion.

Repeater Pistol Needs Doing

hummm

Short Quilted Jacket Mesh Done - Ursca
Short Studded Jacket Mesh Done - Ursca
Leather Riding Coat Needs Doing

I'm quite interested in helping you out with these items, since they probably can be used for my own mod too...send me the refs for the repating pistol and i will get into it right away  :wink:

cheers

Archonsod said:
I think it's best section by section. That way there's no need to worry about things ahead of time.
I'll add racial specific items too.

Juno Commando said:
Just a quick suggestion, about the Sigmarite hammer, I noticed you have both a one handed and two handed version. Personally, I'd like to see it done in the style of the bastard sword, one-handed/two-handed.
It'd be distinctive, and you could make it more of a reward item for a willing disciple of Sigmar. Just an idea for discussion.
For sake of variety, I think two's good. besides, I've already got two models made.  :razz:

Great_Duke said:
I'm quite interested in helping you out with these items, since they probably can be used for my own mod too...send me the refs for the repating pistol and i will get into it right away  :wink:
I was going to use your pepperbox for the repeater pistol since they're basically the same. The padded and studded jacket I've got a texture for which might do, but the seams need tidying.

The riding coat is this one:
Untitled-22.jpg

Or the second from the right here:
newimage.gif

So, open front and back, just flaps at the sides. Not sure how easy it will be to rig though.  :???:

Thanks for the help!

Archonsod said:
Possible big problem. Apparently, firearms cause a CTD when fired.
Well, we don't need firearms right now, and Armagan says that he'll fix it in the next version, so we're ok.

I've got a height chart for all possible races:
Raceheightchartcopy-1.jpg

I'm just working out how we could get skeletons to work. Goblins, Halflings and Dwarves can share a skeleton at different scales, Orcs, Trolls and Ogres could probably use the same with a bit of minor modification. The rest can use the Human's.

Edit: The item list's looking pretty long, but it shouldn't be a problem. The only problematic items are the racial ones and the armours.

EditEdit: Here's how I envision the Goblin and Dwarf Skeletons working;

DwarfAndGoblinSkeletonscopy-1.jpg

Whoops. Missed out the pointy-eared blighters. I'll fix that.

One thing I'm wondering; Will you even be able to hit a Goblin from horseback?  :razz:

Is that a problem? As everyone knows, as soon as you mount up in Warhammer the horse is guaranteed to cause damage. The rider will always fail :wink:

Should be easy to resolve. Give the gobbo's wolves :razz:

What about Squigs? You can spawn animals now, so a few Squigs bouncing around the place causing trample damage would be fun :smile:

Ursca said:
Archonsod said:
I think it's best section by section. That way there's no need to worry about things ahead of time.
I'll add racial specific items too.

Juno Commando said:
Just a quick suggestion, about the Sigmarite hammer, I noticed you have both a one handed and two handed version. Personally, I'd like to see it done in the style of the bastard sword, one-handed/two-handed.
For sake of variety, I think two's good. besides, I've already got two models made.  :razz:

Great_Duke said:
I'm quite interested in helping you out with these items, since they probably can be used for my own mod too...send me the refs for the repating pistol and i will get into it right away   :wink:
I was going to use your pepperbox for the repeater pistol since they're basically the same. The padded and studded jacket I've got a texture for which might do, but the seams need tidying.

The riding coat is this one:
Untitled-22.jpg

Or the second from the right here:
newimage.gif

So, open front and back, just flaps at the sides. Not sure how easy it will be to rig though.  :???:

Thanks for the help!

Archonsod said:
Possible big problem. Apparently, firearms cause a CTD when fired.
Well, we don't need firearms right now, and Armagan says that he'll fix it in the next version, so we're ok.

I've got a height chart for all possible races:
Raceheightchartcopy-1.jpg

I'm just working out how we could get skeletons to work. Goblins, Halflings and Dwarves can share a skeleton at different scales, Orcs, Trolls and Ogres could probably use the same with a bit of minor modification. The rest can use the Human's.

Edit: The item list's looking pretty long, but it shouldn't be a problem. The only problematic items are the racial ones and the armours.

EditEdit: Here's how I envision the Goblin and Dwarf Skeletons working;

DwarfAndGoblinSkeletonscopy-1.jpg

I love the coat and the jacket, if you need any help with texturing them please pm me. hopefully you will let me use them for my mod  :wink: (please?  :smile: )
I'm glad you are going to use the pepperbox. i have 3 other pepperbox models, te one i gave you is the heavier, bigger one, if you want it smaller pm to and i will send you the brfs .

and what do you mean by "Armagan is gonna fix the firearms ctd in next version", if that's true i'm gonna shoot that bastard!  :evil:

just kidding  :grin: , but that's way low low , even for armagan...

just kidding again  :lol: , but he must fix it in this version !!! :twisted:

Yes, he meant it will be fixed in version 0.804  :smile:  Given his track record, probably in the next day or so.

Shouldn't the Orc be much bigger than the Human?
Right now he is the same size as my uncle compared to an average man.

Great_Duke said:
I love the coat and the jacket, if you need any help with texturing them please pm me. hopefully you will let me use them for my mod  :wink: (please?  :smile: )
Of Course.

Archonsod said:
What about Squigs?
Hooray for Squigs! If we can put them in, then they're a must.  :smile:

An4Sh said:
Shouldn't the Orc be much bigger than the Human?
Right now he is the same size as my uncle compared to an average man.
Well, look at it this way, if the Orc's head was on it's shoulders properly, it would be more than 7' tall.
His shoulders are also about two and a half times the width of a normal man.
His forearms are as thick as the Man's waist.
His mouth is big enough to eat his head whole.

And that isn't big enough?
I've got to leave room for Ogre's you know!

Edit: Almost forgot, expanded height chart;
Raceheightchartextracopy-1.jpg

if only i had any modding skills whatsoever... :cry: i would totaly help. warhammer is awesome. i could help with some fluff stuff, but you guys probably have that covered. anyways, looking forward to this action of warhammerness! :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

I demand that you make Dark elves a playable race .....please ?
I think you should ask Highelfwarrior for a bit of help in the playable races area of modding, his Fantasymod had an array of races to play.
And to quite frank i think empire are usless as anything other than slaves. I own a dark elf tabletop army, as if you hadn't already guesed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom