Bug reports

Users who are viewing this thread

hello guys.
I have a little problem with the openBRF tool. the Armors of a few OSPs where just shown completely black in the editor, but when I add them into the game they are normal.
I already re-downloaded the editor.
A few weeks ago, everything with the brf tool was normal...
Can I do something against that?

(sorry for my bad english  :oops:)

Eafa said:
Armors of a few OSPs where just shown completely black in the editor, but when I add them into the game they are normal.

("OSP"s?)

Can you find out which one is the culprit? I.e. try deactivating: bump map, texture, lighting, specMap, Vertex color... and see if any of that works. All of them are found in the "View" panel, in the middle. If everything fails, also try deactivating: [Settings]=>[Use preview shaders]. That will tell us something about what's going wrong.

ahh thanks after I deactivated use preview shaders and re-activated it everything is ok.
Thank you!  :grin:

There are some unlogical transitions to field/buttons when using the tab key.
For example in the material panel it goes:
Shader->DiffA->DiffB->Bump->Enviro -> Spec RGB -> Specular -> Spec Coeff -> Flags
instead of:
Shader->DiffA->DiffB->Bump->Enviro -> Specular  -> Spec RGB -> Spec Coeff -> Flags

And in the Roto-translate-scale pop-up it goes:
Rotate -> Translate -> Scale
Instead of a more logical:
Rotate -> Scale -> Translate
or:
Translate -> Rotate -> Scale

Also on the Mesh panel it goes:
Material -> Flags -> Color -> Lighting -> Wireframe -> Texture -> Bumpmap -> Specmap -> Floor -> Animation.
More logical would be:
Material -> Flags -> Lighting -> Texture -> Bumpmap -> Specmap -> Wireframe -> Floor -> Color -> Animation.

I'm not sure if there are more 'inconsistencies' but it might be worth looking into when you want to go to a more finished state of the tool. =)

mtarini's edit: fixed in 0.0.78

I daresay this is a bug, but I might be wrong. So, module.ini supports comments using the # symbol. I've included Polished buildings in my mod, and marked some lines with a comment to describe why it's there, and upon scanning module for errors with OpenBRF, I get this:
Jjl8k.png
This is, the first error's line in module.ini would look like this:
Code:
load_mod_resource = object_b # Polished Buildings
I think that OpenBRF is wrongly interpreting the string. I am using the latest version.

Barabas said:
There are some unlogical transitions to field/buttons when using the tab key.

Lumos said:
So, module.ini supports comments using the # symbol. [...]
I think that OpenBRF is wrongly interpreting the string. I am using the latest version.

these two should now be fixed, in 0.0.78! thanks!

Sounds bad, but I am not sure I understand. Does it crash?
If the undo system takes too much memory for lower spec computer, I could add an option to disable it.

Other feedback, anyone?

openbrf support xp sp3?My xp sp3 system. .This soft useful ah.I really like, but I was my father to take the computer to reinstall the computer time can not be used. .

mtarini: I cannot be sure that OpenBRF runs on XP (SP3): I cannot test this here, but I cannot see why it shouldn't . Anyone?

New bug with the latest OpenBRF;

When you select a bunch of meshes copy them and then paste them somewhere in-between the list, only the first selected mesh gets pasted in-between the rest somehow get pasted to the top, this is annoying if you have a bunch of lod's you want to copy from one mesh to the other and then rename (lots of scrolling)

For some reason transparency is not visible in obenbrf any more, flags used when this happen are 2720, texture is saved in DXT5 format. It is however visible in Tex and Mat tab, just not in Mes tab.

Vincenzo said:
When you select a bunch of meshes copy them and then paste them somewhere in-between the list, only the first selected mesh gets pasted in-between the rest somehow get pasted to the top, this is annoying if you have a bunch of lod's you want to copy from one mesh to the other and then rename (lots of scrolling)
Copy-pasting also reverses the order of the selected meshes.

Also, unmounting for helmets doesn't work properly for me. The first is the original mount, the second I re-mounted in the current position to the head bone again.
9SY7R.png

Zimke Zlovoljni said:
For some reason transparency is not visible in obenbrf any more, flags used when this happen are 2720, texture is saved in DXT5 format. It is however visible in Tex and Mat tab, just not in Mes tab.
Just disable Use preview Shaders on Setting menu if you want the mesh still show it transparent parts. I think it's not a bug, but it's a useful feature instead.

Zimke Zlovoljni said:

Transparency: I'm not happy but it is hard to find a better way. The problem is to try to guess this: "Should the alpha channel of the diffuse texture control the transparency, or not?". If OpenBRF guesses wrong, either way, it produces very flawed previews. To guess right, one would need to look at the material flags (to determine if alpha blend is activated or not) AND the actual behavior of the shaders (to determine if alpha is produced for each fragment, copying the alpha of the texture). No matter what heuristic I try, there are several vanilla objects which are guessed wrong. Maybe I should add an option to override the guess, but that's a little ugly, also considering that it is a triple option (something like: "Alpha blending:" "override enable", "override disable", "auto").

Somebody said:
Vincenzo said:
Copy-pasting also reverses the order of the selected meshes.

You are all right, I'll see to fix that.

Somebody said:
Also, unmounting for helmets doesn't work properly for me.

The recently added "Discard"=> "rigging (unmount from bone)" assumes the object is rigged to a single bone.

Longer explanation: it places every part of the affected object(s) from the origin of their original bone to the world-space origin. That's the opposite of mount-on-bone, and it is what the game will do if you use an unrigged something (boot, helmet, glove, ...). If the object to be "unmounted" is rigged to multiple bones, this breaks it apart, making a mess (maybe in that casea warning should be given before going on).

In order to correctly "unmount" a helmet which is rigged to multiple bones, one must first rig it to a single bone, the appropriate one (head for helmets), by "mounting it on one bone", remembering to specify that "the object is already in its final position" so that it is not moved. Only then, "un-mount" it.

mtarini said:
Zimke Zlovoljni said:

Transparency: I'm not happy but it is hard to find a better way. The problem is to try to guess this: "Should the alpha channel of the diffuse texture control the transparency, or not?". If OpenBRF guesses wrong, either way, it produces very flawed previews. To guess right, one would need to look at the material flags (to determine if alpha blend is activated or not) AND the actual behavior of the shaders (to determine if alpha is produced for each fragment, copying the alpha of the texture). No matter what heuristic I try, there are several vanilla objects which are guessed wrong. Maybe I should add an option to override the guess, but that's a little ugly, also considering that it is a triple option (something like: "Alpha blending:" "override enable", "override disable", "auto").

Maybe just make a tickbox "Use transparancy"? If there are not many objects that actually need it, trying to guess it doesn't seem worth it. Especially when it is so easy to get wrong.

Back
Top Bottom