Warband Script Enhancer (WSE) For Dummies

Users who are viewing this thread

You can't get the game to load either GradiusCaelius, with the same issue as Oda_Heir_Nobutomo? It appeared here that Nobutomo got his game working somehow, and I asked if he would say what he did to play Shogun correctly, but I guess he didn't notice. Perhaps I'll request his input in a PM.

[Edit: Here is his response.
Oda_Heir_Nobutomo said:
Oh it turned out That when i extracted the folder itno My Mount and blade I needed to extract all the doccuments out of the folder
So uh... I guess make sure you... do all that stuff... :???: Sorry, I'm not 100% sure. Try to verify you copied all files and to the correct locations is the best I can advise.]

I'm having the same problem. How vital is this thing? will we literally not be able to play the next patch because of the lack of this? I followed your steps to the letter.

Maybe you can make a version that DOESNT have the WSE required features so some people can play through the game without worrying about script errors and game crashes.

It`s not WSE fault. WSE is only helping me to put more great features what you can`t see in other mods without WSE.
I know about scripts error messages but 90% of these are your fault. I can`t push you to think, you have to do it alone. 70% of people who downloading my mod don`t know how to read simple instructions, don`t know what is mean "copy and replace" or just "copy". They don`t know folder structures of their own computers. So I can`t do nothing to fix all bugs, because even if I have no errors, you always can find something what is not my mod`s fault, but yours.
Besides this mod needs much more powerful computer than Warband. Better textures, better models, more sounds and music. Everything has own price...
You want a proof? OK. You have ALL needed files in the package. Tell me, why so many people want to download WSE from somewhere, when they have everything in the package?

My suggestion would be to make another version that doesn't require WSE, and keep 70 percent of the people off your back  if  this issue is truly bothering you.

TitoWasFat said:
My suggestion would be to make another version that doesn't require WSE, and keep 70 percent of the people off your back  if  this issue is truly bothering you.
No.
Why? Simple.
I`m not making this mod for you, but for myself. And I don`t care if you have problem with copying files from one folder to another. It`s your problem, right? :smile:
I would like to see new features to fully enjoy, lets call it, alternative version of Shogun 2. So I will not remove WSE. Get use to it and deal with it :smile:

If your suggestion is to remove WSE, then tell me, how I can make Fire Arrows without WSE? With WSE it`s only one line in the code(!), without it it`s almost impossible.
There is much more examples...

I wish I knew what exactly the problem is some people are having. When someone allegedly follows the instructions correctly and yet still has problems, it exceeds the reach of my knowledge on the matter. Myself and the majority of people who download this mod seem to have no problem getting it to run. If a person honestly does everything they are supposed to do, then I wonder, what is this variable on their end causing a different result? Things like these are hard to track down if only a small portion experience the issue and do not themselves have enough information to diagnose it. In other words, we're all helpless to solve this problem that people are experiencing until someone comes along who knows what is causing it or how to overcome it.

I honestly don't see how anyone can mess up the instructions. Have a fully updated game, take all files in WSE folder downloaded with Shogun, and copy them into the warband main directory. After that, use the WSE launcher. Tis simple, don’t you think? If there's some variable that's messing it up anyway even if these simple directions are followed, then there really isn't anything that we on the forums can do. The mod runs fine for me, and I found installation to be very easy.

Hmm... dunno why, But by WSE launcher is giving me the middle finger.
As in, the error states "You are running an unsupported version of Warband, WSE is made for V1.143
I think it started happening when i made a seperate folder for Warband v1.134
But even if I do remove said Warband v.1.134, I still get the error.
Any advices?

I asked for info on the WSE main thread about some errors people were having with it, and here's what was said.
cmpxchg8b said:
I'd like to help, but I can't do much unless you give me more information about the errors (especially by running the loader in verbose mode).
However, I can tell you something more about the errors you mentioned.
The first one is from an old version of the loader, so it's kind of expected that it doesn't work properly...
The second one means that the Warband executable is different from the one the loader is expecting. Maybe the one found by the loader is outdated or pirated, but the best way to make sure it doesn't happen is to apply the 1.143 update from TaleWorlds's website (unless it's a Steam version, in that case it should be updated from Steam). Obviously, applying cracks or modifications over the update will trigger the error again.
By "first one" he means, "could not find mb_warband_dedicated_exe," and by "second one" he means, "You are running an unsupported version of Warband, WSE is made for V1.143." So, from what I can gather, it sounds to me like for both it's basically a case of folks not having everything fully up-to-date, or using pirated versions of Warband.

Suminagashi said:
I asked for info on the WSE main thread about some errors people were having with it, and here's what was said.
cmpxchg8b said:
I'd like to help, but I can't do much unless you give me more information about the errors (especially by running the loader in verbose mode).
The first one is from an old version of the loader, so it's kind of expected that it doesn't work properly...
The second one means that the Warband executable is different from the one the loader is expecting. Maybe the one found by the loader is outdated or pirated, but the best way to make sure it doesn't happen is to apply the 1.143 update from TaleWorlds's website (unless it's a Steam version, in that case it should be updated from Steam). Obviously, applying cracks or modifications over the update will trigger the error again.
By "first one" he means, "could not find mb_warband_dedicated_exe," and by "second one" he means, "You are running an unsupported version of Warband, WSE is made for V1.143." So, from what I can gather, it sounds to me like for both it's basically a case of folks not having everything fully up-to-date, or using pirated versions of Warband.

Fixed, and ty. Yea if that occurs, just rerun the update and WSE works fine again.

That_one_guy said:
I honestly don't see how anyone can mess up the instructions. Have a fully updated game, take all files in WSE folder downloaded with Shogun, and copy them into the warband main directory. After that, use the WSE launcher. Tis simple, don’t you think? If there's some variable that's messing it up anyway even if these simple directions are followed, then there really isn't anything that we on the forums can do. The mod runs fine for me, and I found installation to be very easy.

Did all that but when it launches it doesn't see Shogun.

Here's where Shogun files are: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai
Here' where WSE files are: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband

What am I doing wrong??
Thx.

EasyEight said:
Did all that but when it launches it doesn't see Shogun.

Here's where Shogun files are: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai
Here' where WSE files are: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband

What am I doing wrong??
Thx.
You have the WSE files in the correct place. However, I was under the impression that in order for mods to show up in the list you had to have them installed in "\mountblade warband\Modules\," making it "\mountblade warband\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai" in this case. Or, well, specifically for you, "C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai\."

I've unpacked the files again into the Modules folder, and tried moving the WSE file folder to the Main folder, AND moving just the files...still won't launch, I dunno why its not working, spent a lot of time tinkering with it.  :cry:

Just putting the WSE files themselves into the main Warband folder should be fine, so you don't need to put the WSE folder in the main one (meaning having "C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\WSE Files" is not the way to do it). As for Shogun, if you have it in the Modules folder, I'm not sure why it's not working.

When you run "mb_warband.exe," and it pops up the spash screen where you can choose a module, does "Shogun - Sengoku Jidai" appear in the dropdown menu to choose from?

When you run "WSELoader.exe" in the main Warband folder, does it bring up the Warband splash screen like when running Warband normally?

nedropdown.jpg

Ah, found the problem! When it unpacked it unpacked into C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai\Shogun - Sengoku Jidai and the WSE launcher couldn't find it. Now its working, thanks for your help.

I have the non-sream version 1.143 & only one mod installed. When I try to lounch WSE - message pops up: "only 1.143 version is supported". What's the snag?

Did you crack your game or apply a different mb_warband.exe or anything?
Suminagashi said:
cmpxchg8b said:
If you still can't get it to work, maybe try this?

Back
Top Bottom