General discussion.

Users who are viewing this thread

man :/ just got 4gb or ram. And I keep having c++ crashes. I think its some sort of windows 7 incompatibility. Heck, I even tried running in compability mod... Your mod just doesnt like my computer :sad:

Metalfist said:
:?:one medium question = is it Single and Multiplayer :?:
Both. You have this
Code:
[B]
letter in the name of mod, right? It means "BOTH" - Single- and Multiplayer.

tansvanio said:
man :/ just got 4gb or ram. And I keep having c++ crashes. I think its some sort of windows 7 incompatibility. Heck, I even tried running in compability mod... Your mod just doesnt like my computer :sad:

I`m running my mod on Win7 as well, 64bit, and I have no crashes, really. I can say more, I have ALWAYS +120 FPS. Well, maybe during battles 500vs500 I have little less, but still I have enough to play comfortable.

Actually. After doing some tweaking to my memory. I can now play the game :grin:.
Thing is I have 4gb. But windows only allowed 2gb max per application. After I changed that definition I could play the mod properly, with no crashes. 300+ battles with no lag :grin:

Awsome mod, dude. You have my grats!

I am sorry i am the one to ask this, but can we be shinobi, or recruit shinobi? i don't just mean the script where you have a faction lord hire someone but an actual unit

Not yet, but in the future versions I want include quests for ninja, special ninja training and other stuff.

I'm glad to see the new version is up now; I hope it was worth the long wait. I haven't played it a whole lot yet but I played the older version quite a bit a long while ago and have been reading the old thread every now and then since it was somewhere in the 40s or 50s page range. Anyway, I'm pleased to say that I've yet to run into a single red error message, which is good, 'cause they were all over the place in the old version. I'm also glad to see there are a lot of improvements (even minor things like the corrected kunai facings) and additions, as well as the bug fixes. Really all I wanted a long time ago was a few bigger bugs squashed but I ended up having to wait for this big ol' update for 'em. Two of the three bigger problems, to me at least, were fixed; those being armies switching sides (I assume, so I've read, but haven't tried it myself yet) and this one thing where if you or an opponent in a practice fight happened to have the wakizashi and thrown polearm, you or they would be stuck walking in place but would also do an insane amount of negative speed bonus, which somehow resulted in always doing 500 damage. The one big problem still not fixed is how many cities are buried in sand. While not game breaking, it does impose quite a few limitations, such as being unable to kill would-be assassins, or talk to the guild master for quests or starting a business enterprise.

Something I always wanted to mention was that the loading screen text upon startup might sound better if it said “Donning armors” and “Donning helmets” instead of “Wearing armors” and “Wearing helmets” respectively. I'm glad you switched “Sharpening swords” to “Mounting horses” though, as the sharpening of swords always seemed more like something that would take place waaay before prepping for battle.

Wundai said:
And Woyo don't forget I can help with English if you wish.
I, too, would help with proper English if you were to ask me of it. The text for character creation background options would be a good place as any to start with. But, I suppose if you've already got Wundai's help in the matter, then I wouldn't be of much contribution.

One thing I've wondered for a long time... were ANBU real or just some Narutard crap? I had no idea what they even were until a friend pointed them out, and I couldn't find any info about them other than this.
woyo-sensei said:
No, that will never happen. Kengeki is an anime-naruto-funny-mod, my mod is about historical actions, with historical story and characters.
And DO NOT tell me what my mod need! :mad: Don`t you think I know better what I need and what my mod need? Who are you, hmm?
Go away, back to Kengeki then.
...And I'd hate to see you contradict yourself on the matter.

Eragon@snej said:
after another day i found another small thing, maybe you can fix it in the next patch:
In the party screen there are in the right edge the costs for your troops, but because its in yellow you cant read it good on the white background..
sorry for the english :grin: i hope you know what i mean ?
But after every day of playing it makes more and more fun :wink:
This.^  Also, in the screen to load a saved game, you can't read the save game info unless you mouse over a save, as it is white text on a white background. But, well, woyo-sensei probably knows about these things... and the many other things I'd like to point out anyway, as you usually are already aware of them, but there's no harm in being doubly sure. I'm probably not going to list much stuff, if any, in the bugs section, as most of what I want to bring up aren't really bugs per se, just things to amend in the future. Heck, a lot of what I want to address aren't even very important, but considering how long woyo-sensei waited to have his big update satisfactory, I'm guessing he's a bit of a perfectionist, so maybe they're worth mentioning.

First, the bridge near Kumamoto is now flooded; I think it's southeast of the city judging by the shape of Japan, but I'm not sure. Or are ALL bridgest flooded? I see the one south(?) of Himeji and the one west(?) of Niigata are flooded too. Er, and the four bridges up in Ainu territory? Actually, that's another thing... I'm not sure because the new compass, while cool-looking, is practically useless. Maybe some people can tell which way is which on the new compass, but I'm betting the average person cannot. I rarely use the compass normally so no real loss there.

The new dojo arena is pretty sweet but the NPC location is a bit annoying, especially if you're doing practice fights and have to run all the way back over to him to start another or to receive rewards. Perhaps there is another place to put him where he still looks good yet isn't an inconvenience? Also, the third floor should be avoided until fixed. I went up there while exploring and ended up having to Tab to get out, as my character would slide around in the “falling” animation, unable to move correctly.

Some training grounds are actually empty cities that you cannot train in, instead of an open field with a training master. The can also be an inn with Kradus and Dranton to mince unkind words with and a chest containing your inventory. I recall this bug existing in the old Shogun version; I guess it slipped through the cracks of the new update.

While walking around in one of the newly modeled cities, I did experience a crash to desktop once. Perhaps it has something to do with the amount of detail, but maybe it can't be helped.

When creating a new character, if you choose “A shop assistant,” “A goods peddler” will show up twice in the next screen. I think it has the same text no matter which of the two you choose, but I don't know if they have the same statistical results.

I happened to spot an unarmed tournament contestant every now and then. They weren't very common in the old version, and in fact, I thought they had been fixed. I assume it has something to do with the guys simply not having the Strength requirement to wield their given weapon, as opposed to not receiving one at all? In any case, it is kind of fun sometimes to sheath/holster my weapon and fist-fight with the unfortunate fellow.

woyo-sensei said:
What to do next list:

balance weapons for single- and multiplayer
I recall someone once mentioning a long time ago about how the sai cannot be used to block attacks, even though in real life that is what the weapon excels at (similar to a jutte). I would hope that in future weapon changes that the sai will be able to block attacks. Actually, speaking of the jutte and blocking (And perhaps if the timeframe fits we may see the jutte in-game one day, probably doing bludgeoning damage?)... I also recall someone asking a long time ago about if you would consider using “fake weapons” as “shields,” (similar to off-hand lightsabers that can only block attacks in the original M&B mod Star Wars Conquest, where it was statistically a shield but used a weapon model) and that you strongly stated that this would not happen, as they would be able to block bullets and arrows as well, like a normal shield. However, I had thought the person who brought the subject up said something about maybe making the fake-weapon-shields have a small Size value. Have you tried something like making a shield have a Size value of 10 or less, perhaps even only 1? I wouldn't throw the idea out completely unless you know for sure that the item would easily block projectiles. I'm no modder and have no idea of its effects, but I would assume it would basically just let you only block melee attacks right in front of you, similar to normal weapon blocks... albeit maybe a super rare chance of parrying a bullet or arrow, which would be rather badass in itself. I don't know, just something to think about.

Father's “friend” totally missed his swing to decapitate in the seppuku scene. Then the coward ran into the corner when trying to flee like he was so skittish that he didn't know where to go. I figure the latter part is due to Warband AI limitations. The jerk did eventually find his way out of the walled area and legged it across the dramatically viewed horizon. I experienced no other problems with this scene. ...Although I did ponder what might happen if I had told one of the Castle Guards present that I wanted to enter the castle. Perhaps I'll test this on another character.

The only other things I can think of as issues are extremely minor, such as how most of the Daimyo look like they were bred in a cloning facility. I noticed there are less clones now than before (used to be almost all), but there's still quite a few of them. Then there's other things mentioned by other people here and there, such as a few still-existing European NPCs (slave trader, training field master, hirable caravan guard, some named tournament contestents such as Xerina and Dranton, etc.) and European equipment (although quite uncommon, but mostly via NPC companion starting gear), and NPC companions still using their Native dialog. Although... perhaps you may want to have some of the European NPCs remain. Of course the country wouldn't be populated ENTIRELY by the Japanese, and some gaijin warriors participating in a tournament doesn't seem unlikely. It's up to you.

Well that's all I can “whine” about; anything else has either been fixed or has been mentioned so much that I would do little more than be redundant to talk about them. All in all, well done on the mod and its latest update. It's too bad about the new font... I really like it, as it's aesthetically pleasing to the eyes, but as many have stated, it makes it too difficult to read. I'm glad instructions were in place how to remove it, 'cause I found myself squinting and spending more than three times the amount of time needed to read some things.

I do have a question before I finally shut up... it's about a couple of new skills. When importing my old Shogun characters, I noticed there were two new skills replacing the old custom skill placeholders: Gunpowder and Instant Kill. Actually, I noticed Instant Kill when I was first trying out the new version; how does that work? Does Instant Kill do a set amount of damage, such as an exact number like 100 or the person's max HP? And does the new skill work with all attacks, or just melee? I did not actually see Gunpowder listed in the character sheet. What is Gunpowder used for, if anything yet, and is there a way to put points into it legitimately? Thanks for your time and answers.

Erm, speaking of wasting people's time... sorry for the giant wall of text. I would rather throw up one big post than several small ones. I tried to break some parts up into groups so it may be easier to quote individual parts to respond to. Sorry again. At any rate, keep up the good work and I hope the mod prospers even more than it has already.

@Tansvanio

Your quote: Actually. After doing some tweaking to my memory. I can now play the game .
Thing is I have 4gb. But windows only allowed 2gb max per application. After I changed that definition I could play the mod properly, with no crashes. 300+ battles with no lag

--------------------------

This tweaking you speak of, is it only possible for windows 7 or also windows xp?

I'm also running into the problem with +2gb crash (C++ error)

how about upgrading your software, xp is getting kinda old now, though its still better then vista, but the problem with old modems is that a lot of new games are Incompatible. That might be the problem

Wundai said:
@Tansvanio

Your quote: Actually. After doing some tweaking to my memory. I can now play the game .
Thing is I have 4gb. But windows only allowed 2gb max per application. After I changed that definition I could play the mod properly, with no crashes. 300+ battles with no lag

--------------------------

This tweaking you speak of, is it only possible for windows 7 or also windows xp?

I'm also running into the problem with +2gb crash (C++ error)

I think it is also possible for windows xp. Link for the tutorial bellow :razz:
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.msg3163093.html#msg3163093

Only took me a couple steps and worked like a charm.

EDIT: Yeah. I have an explain for this crash. 32bit versions of any OS will only allow you 2gb max per application, even if you have way more ram than that. Thing is, Many mods like Shogun take more than 2gb due to lots of models and high quality. Becouse of this you have to change your values to a new minimum and maximum per application... Hope I was helpfull for you Wundai, or anyone else that encounters this problem...

Thanks mate, I guess I'm bound to this 32bit system then..or upgrade ofcourse. But older games dont work with Vista or 7, so that creates a bit of a dilemma :smile:

Wundai said:
Thanks mate, I guess I'm bound to this 32bit system then..or upgrade ofcourse. But older games dont work with Vista or 7, so that creates a bit of a dilemma :smile:
compatibility mode +run as admin +disable colourtheme +run256 colors That fixes it for all games out there or you need to adjust things. :razz:

Back
Top Bottom