[Plaza] - Main Topic

Do you support the Europe 1805 - II version?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 756 78.2%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 211 21.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Quintillius said:
FireWalker said:
Hey Quintillius good luck with this mod,but I was wondering Is there any chance to add cannons and gunners?

Thank you =D. As I said indeed, Sparky, I ain't be sure if I add them.

Captured Joe said:
Ha, blue overcoats like that were rather popular among Prussian infantry officers around 1806.
(Just like the dark grey overcoats were popular among Austrian infantry officers during the Napoleonic wars.)

I'll find some pictures shortly...
EDIT:
Nope, my computer is ****ing me; I'll try again this midday...

Thank you for the pictures, but beware, they have to be set in 1805 or earlier.

I can assure you as an avid player, Napoleon Total War starts off in 1805.

Tom Bubu said:
Hmm, yeah ok, I understand now...  So all in all, we should see 2 Spanish cavalry types -  Heavy. Cav. and Spanish Dragoons - in 2nd version if all goes well, should we?
No, I think it's better if only one of them comes in version 2.
IMO, there should be just Spanish Dragoons (and not Heavy Cavalry) in version 2, because their yellow coats are really original (other factions didn't have those) and they look great. With bicornes this time, of course.
(I was indeed a bit vague on that, yes... :oops: )

BTW, the Spanish had Hussars too at the time, but those aren't really important I think.

SeanBeansShako said:
Quintillius said:
FireWalker said:
Hey Quintillius good luck with this mod,but I was wondering Is there any chance to add cannons and gunners?

Thank you =D. As I said indeed, Sparky, I ain't be sure if I add them.

Captured Joe said:
Ha, blue overcoats like that were rather popular among Prussian infantry officers around 1806.
(Just like the dark grey overcoats were popular among Austrian infantry officers during the Napoleonic wars.)

I'll find some pictures shortly...
EDIT:
Nope, my computer is ****ing me; I'll try again this midday...

Thank you for the pictures, but beware, they have to be set in 1805 or earlier.

I can assure you as an avid player, Napoleon Total War starts off in 1805.

Yep, it does.

Captured Joe said:
Tom Bubu said:
Hmm, yeah ok, I understand now...  So all in all, we should see 2 Spanish cavalry types -  Heavy. Cav. and Spanish Dragoons - in 2nd version if all goes well, should we?
No, I think it's better if only one of them comes in version 2.
IMO, there should be just Spanish Dragoons (and not Heavy Cavalry) in version 2, because their yellow coats are really original (other factions didn't have those) and they look great. With bicornes this time, of course.
(I was indeed a bit vague on that, yes... :oops: )

BTW, the Spanish had Hussars too at the time, but those aren't really important I think.

Hmm ok..., ehm, my opinion is that it would be great if Spain has at least two cavalry types (i.e. France does) to keep the variety but if no, then no  :wink:   
BTW, Will they have carabines?  :smile:  (I feel little dumby for this question but I'm getting confused when it comes to equipment...  :razz: )

Tom Bubu said:
Hmm ok..., ehm, my opinion is that it would be great if Spain has at least two cavalry types (i.e. France does) to keep the variety but if no, then no  :wink:   
Well, that's up to Quintillius. But yeah, I think it would be great too; Prussia too has both Dragoons and Cuirassiers in the mod after all. :grin:

BTW, Will they have carabines?
I think Dragoons had those (not 100% sure though), and Heavy Cavalry should be equipped like the Prussian Cuirassiers (so Sabre + Pistol), but Quintillius has the last word in this I think. It's his mod after all...

EDIT:
I first thought that there would be better one of them in version 2 because Spain had only one cav type in v.1, but maye it can change...
Yeah, I'm a bit vague now and then on this. Sorry for that

Captured Joe said:
Ah, ok.

I just looked in the big Funcken book at home, and there the Heavy Cavalry is called "Line Cavalry".
It's still heavy cavalry, but apparently the name differs (dependend on the source, I think).

Alzo:
Tom Bubu said:
Any updates ?

Do you really mind if it's called Heavy Cavalry? So newbies know it's heavy cavalry =D?
Updates are coming soon. I have almost finished my work on new forts. Last thing to do is a nice AI-mesh. So stay tuned!

Hmm well, my opinion - let's keep it Heavy Cavalry for the 2nd version as Quintillius said - for newbies.

About the forts - do they look like Star fort now or just... ehm... better version of the old ones?  :wink: Btw, to be honest, I'm beyond the tuned.  :lol:

Napoleon TW is inaccurate at some points, Russians get 1812 hats even though the game ends after 1812.... And for the entire time they wear those hats :razz:

Update: "The Star Forts"

- Star Forts
* 7 new and unique forts. From a easy stockade to a grand citadel.
* Nose out why bastions were used and how they annoyed the attackers
* At the beginning of the game, there is a chance the castles become a stockade or a grand citadel.

"Image... to attack a star fort. A fort with bastions, ravelins, traversés and many other structures. All have been built with one target, namely to resist an enemy. Image to climb a ladder at a bastion, you will be shot as soon as the defenders take their firearms and start shooting on you from another bastion. It's doesn't matter where you stand. You will always see people at different spots aiming for you.
Are you the one who can raise a large army to conquer the star forts of Europe? Are you the one who keeps enemies wavering when they see you?"

Click here for the images

[*] - The uniforms are still old. So do not mind, please, if you see some glitches.

I inserted it into MM when I got it, onto Kutuzov, it was impossible to see what's in front of u xD

Back
Top Bottom