[Plaza] - Main Topic

Do you support the Europe 1805 - II version?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 756 78.2%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 211 21.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Captured Joe said:
(One more thing: If you're gonna put medals on every officer-coat, please don't soil the Austrian dark-grey officer overcoat with it!)

I'd now say something, but I am deffinetly NOT permissioned to say that :razz:

So let me get this right... this mod is NOT for WB ??

why the hell using your talent on MB when both WB and WFAS is out and are much better ??

please make this mod for atleast WB
and please make Denmark-Norway as one of the factions

great work by the way

best regards
Dennis

It's very nice to hear suggestions of new fans :wink:!
First welcome to this topic of Europe 1805 vII! There is no wasting of talent as I explained below. Denmark will be one of the many factions. Norway unfortunately not. This country wasn't really part of the Napoleonic war, like Prussia, England, Austria and Russia.

Thank you very much.

As a part of the dev-team ( BETA Tester =) ) I can reply to you

Well where is your name in the list of developers? A beta tester is not a part of the dev-team, since you only give advice, not develop something.

He has no experience with converting, it might come at a later date, there's simply too much already done to be converted, as he'd have to
-learn
-look at the code for MB for hours
-look at the code for WB for hours
-again, learn
-think what to code and how to code it
-start writing the code
-fail a few times ( that's always how it goes )
-again, learn
-again, think what to code and how to code it
-try again
-sucsess chance : 50%
-if he sucseeds, it'd take like a whole year to finish just the coding

You don't know how to convert mods. Do not tell about things you don't know. So this is only.. hmm... how do German people say this.. So ein Quatsch. Nonsense.

First there is no kind of 'converting skill'. You just need to know the difference between MB & WB and a lot of coding skill.
Second M&B is something like a book. A book with chapters. A mod edits/rewrite chapters or writes completely new chapters.
Then if you want to convert it to WB, it's something like a new book.
You need to copy & paste every edited/rewroted/added chapter on the right spot. That costs a lot of time and gives a little advantage.

Why? Well WB is maybe great, qua graphics and offers better modification ability. But in fact, it's a great mod of MB. Every mod can make MB far more better than WB. Graphic HD is easily to do. MB has only some shadow/Dx7/dynamic stuff irritation.
And the gameplay... tournaments, marriages, trade stuff et cetera are gameplay parts, which is the best editable part.

And ain't I right if I say one still needs to edit the added gameplay stuff in WB to become more historically accurate.

But you steps are right if you think about writing common codes. That's exactly the way how writing codes works.

And yes, Denmark will be inserted, however I am not sure will Norway even be mapped, nor who will posess it.

Norway won't be added unfortunately.

You see, in my current safe-game, Naples&Sicily first joined the French, and then the Coalition, but they're still at war with all the countries in the coalition, and now with France and its allies too; So this side-switching got that country into war with almost everyone (without giving them allies).

The same happened to the Papal states too (who first joined the Coalition and later the French, and are now also at war with almost everyone). In an other safe-game, Sweden (for which I was vassal in that game) joined the French, but then got into war with everyone.

Well. The mod description ends with: '...and nobody does know what will happen afterwards'. (After the start of the Third Coalition)

But are there some other people with this problem?

(One more thing: If you're gonna put medals on every officer-coat, please don't soil the Austrian dark-grey officer overcoat with it!)

Austrians don't/won't have any medals.

I'd now say something, but I am deffinetly NOT permissioned to say that

You don't have. Indeed  :smile:!

Quintillius said:
I'd now say something, but I am deffinetly NOT permissioned to say that

You don't have. Indeed  :smile:!

I think you'd get me banned from TW and EVERY TO THE LAST server from WB and even hack into my computer and **** it up if I told something w/o permission XD

11sparky11 said:
No offence, but you REALLY need to work on your texturing.

Sorry, but I do not agree with you. Unfortunately. You're probably new to these forums and you've never seen the old mods?

I think you'd get me banned from TW and EVERY TO THE LAST server from WB and even hack into my computer and **** it up if I told something w/o permission XD

Nah. Was thinking about something worser.

Quintillius said:

Nah. Was thinking about something worser.

o_O
11sparky11 said:
No offence, but you REALLY need to work on your texturing.

This guy is with Docm I think, know - This mod is FOR MOUNT & BLADE, NOT WARBAND, read the topic g'dammit, than post, M&B's textures and graphics aren't so well compared to Warband's graphics! They can not actually even be compared!

Hey Quintillius,
The Russian basic (infantry) troop tree of version I was really small. Would you mind adding Jaegers for the Russians? Here's a scan from an Osprey-book:

The description of Nr. 1 reads:

D1: Private, 5th Jägers, 1805
The initial light green Jäger uniform with facing-coloured collar and cuffs is shown here with the green winter breeches with facing-coloired piping. The frontal cartridge box was traditionally carried by riflemen and light infantry; it is sometimes shown carried at the rear instead. The curious felt headdress, half way between a shako and a 'round hat', was peculiar to Jägers. Though some 20,000 Tula rifles were issued between 1803 and 1812, only designated marksmen and NCOs carried them; the remainder had the infantry musket.
(Taken from: Men-at-arms series 185: The Russian Army of the Napoleonic Wars (1): Infantry, 1799-1814 from Osprey publishing; writer: Philip Haythornthwaite)

Also, I have another suggestion: What about giving the French infantry an 'atletics' bonus (compared to other factions' troops)? It's a well-known fact that the French' biggest advantage, both on the battlefield and on campaign, was their speed, and their enemies (notoriously the Austrians and Prussians) were much slower. Also, the main French army of 1805 was trained in the Bologne camp, and was higly disciplined and trained.

One more thing: Quintillius, my father has a BIG collection of Osprey (and some other) books about Napoleonic armies and their uniforms; If you ever need a picture, reference or info about some unit's uniforms or stuff, just tell me, and I can scan some pages. The only Napoleonic troops we haven't pictures of, are the Montenegrins. :wink:

Captured Joe said:
One more thing: Quintillius, my father has a BIG collection of Osprey (and some other) books about Napoleonic armies and their uniforms; If you ever need a picture, reference or info about some unit's uniforms or stuff, just tell me, and I can scan some pages. The only Napoleonic troops we haven't pictures of, are the Montenegrins. :wink:

And I just wanted to PM you for the Montenegrins HAHAHAH :grin:

Would you mind adding Jaegers for the Russians? Here's a scan from an Osprey-book:

Unfortunately the Russians will get more powerful, so I need to rebalance everything.

The only new troops ingame are the Montenegro units.

Also, I have another suggestion: What about giving the French infantry an 'atletics' bonus (compared  (...)

Berthout has already set the skills; party speed & atletics.

One more thing: Quintillius, my father has a BIG collection of Osprey (and some other) books about Napoleonic armies and their uniforms; If you ever need a picture, reference or info about some unit's uniforms or stuff, just tell me, and I can scan some pages. The only Napoleonic troops we haven't pictures of, are the Montenegrins.

Thank you :smile:. If I need some images, I'll contact you.

Agovic said:
And I just wanted to PM you for the Montenegrins HAHAHAH :grin:
Well, I got one picture of Balkans troops (auxiliaries for the Ottomans); my brother has that book, but the picture was already posted by someone else, so I quoted him:

Captured Joe said:
Captured Joe said:
Agovic said:
You wouldn't mind to have Serbia and/or Montenegro in that book?? :smile:
If I could do anything about it, no.
But regrettably, there isn't any Balkan country (or Ottomans either) in the book.
However, I remember by brother having an Osprey-book about the Ottomans, with a colored plate about Balkan Auxiliaries (serbian bandid, Wallachian Boyar, etc.) around the 18th century in it.

Ha, someone else already posted the picture:
matmohair1 said:
picture7ap.png
From: Men-at-arms series (from Osprey Publishing), Ottoman Armies ([year]-[year])

I can search in the book for the description for the guys in that picture (Osprey Men-At-Arms books give descriptions for the colour plates at the end of each book). Just ask if you want to know more about one or two of these men in the picture...

Small update: "Bois de Justice"

"La Veuve - The Widow    &    Bois de Justice - Timbers of Justice,    Both names for a machine, effective and deadly . . .

It's the time of Revolutions. It's the time after the Terror of Robespierre. It's the time of justice by timbers!"

- Added new quest (guillotine included)
- Added working guillotine
- Added executioner

Captured Joe said:

I didn't add this only for fun. The guillotine was a real machine, used in past. It would be a shame if I didn't have added it. You get the same choices like anyone else in the 18th century. Grant clemency or get a reduce of honour. 

So many people had been executed. Almost even the founder of this machine. And the king of France  too as you probably know.

JoelMB12 said:
How will the civil system work? and sweet, we get are head chop off.

That is a secret  :razz:.

Quintillius said:
I didn't add this only for fun. The guillotine was a real machine, used in past. It would be a shame if I didn't have added it. You get the same choices like anyone else in the 18th century. Grant clemency or get a reduce of honour. 

So many people had been executed. Almost even the founder of this machine. And the king of France  too as you probably know.
And Agovic too if he says too much?
(I mean: if he tells something without permission?) :wink:

Quintillius said:
Nah. Was thinking about something much worser.

First, get to MSN sometimes..... I feel abandoned xDDDD
2nd - Than you have the right to **** me in the brains xD

Back
Top Bottom