[Plaza] - Main Topic

Do you support the Europe 1805 - II version?

• Yes, I do

Votes: 756 78.2%
  • Yes, I do

Votes: 211 21.8%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

In Mount and Blade: Warband there is a mod called Freelancer that you can enlist in an army and just be on of the regular soldiers, it would be really cool if you could do that in this mod. Like you could enlist in an army (lets use Great Britain) you start off as a British Volunteer and then you could move up to a British Regular and keep going up. But it would only be an option! If you have any other ideas or anything please comment!

thejack980 said:
  In Mount and Blade: Warband there is a mod called Freelancer that you can enlist in an army and just be on of the regular soldiers, it would be really cool if you could do that in this mod. Like you could enlist in an army (lets use Great Britain) you start off as a British Volunteer and then you could move up to a British Regular and keep going up. But it would only be an option! If you have any other ideas or anything please comment!

It is for Warband, sadly, and this mod is for the original.  :roll:

Hmm. somthing like joining another party isn't possibe I think, though following another party is possible.

Why do you guys like standing in a line and firing? You better can be an officer, safely behind your men.  :mrgreen:

Because you can DO something! Just standing behind your men is safe, but also boring. You just wait untill someone wins, holding your useless pistol.
But as a musketeer like my chars, you stand in the skirmish line, firing at the enemy and thus contributing actively to your victory (or just kill some stuff before you lose). It's also very uhm, exiting standing there reloading your gun, hoping the enemy won't hit you. When your troops unleash a volley and the enemy is hidden by blackpowder smoke, you know why you're playing AoB. Especially when you're among the firing guys.

BTW, I always see the enemy shooters run while aiming and shooting, thus ruining their aim, while I win battles by simply let my men hold their ground. Could you perhaps mess with the AI to let the bots stand still while they aim & shoot? My most humble thanks for reading this.

Quintillius said:
Hmm. somthing like joining another party isn't possibe I think, though following another party is possible.

Why do you guys like standing in a line and firing? You better can be an officer, safely behind your men.  :mrgreen:

I would consider my character as more of a sergeant.  I lead a wedge formation of heavy Austrian Cuirassiers.  I do contribute and I do feel as if I am part of an army, not leading it. 

Captured Joe said:
Because you can DO something! Just standing behind your men is safe, but also boring. You just wait untill someone wins, holding your useless pistol.
But as a musketeer like my chars, you stand in the skirmish line, firing at the enemy and thus contributing actively to your victory (or just kill some stuff before you lose). It's also very uhm, exiting standing there reloading your gun, hoping the enemy won't hit you. When your troops unleash a volley and the enemy is hidden by blackpowder smoke, you know why you're playing AoB. Especially when you're among the firing guys.

BTW, I always see the enemy shooters run while aiming and shooting, thus ruining their aim, while I win battles by simply let my men hold their ground. Could you perhaps mess with the AI to let the bots stand still while they aim & shoot? My most humble thanks for reading this.

You always can lead your men in battle. If you want to motivate your troops, you can stand near them.
I actually don't have any idea how to let the bots stand while aiming =(. On the other side, image that guys are inexperienced (A)!

Wasn't Holland always under Danish control?  I may be wrong though for the reason I never really studied Scandinavian History.  :mrgreen:

oliver255 said:
Wasn't Holland always under Danish control?  I may be wrong though for the reason I never really studied Scandinavian History.  :mrgreen:

WHUT? LOL?
No way. No Danish people here =X! Nah man, we were under control of the Holy Roman Empire in Medieval times. Then, we came under control of Spain and that king. We never had a good relation with that country so we started a revolution (Willem van Oranje). And we became a republic in 1588.

And after that time, we became a large power. We... a small country, a superpower (A). You can compare it to the U.S. these days or the Roman Empire in past. We just had colonies in Indonesia and money came in =). We even conquered England with our fleet. Our mighty fleet. We are the reason England became the largest empire ever. :wink:.

But after the Golden Age =(. Times went bad. And sometimes, we didn't had a steward more =(.
So the leading people were the Regenten. These people weren't popular among the people. So, when Napoleon just conquered Holland, we were happy =|. But that didn't last a long time. =p

Yeah. That's true. He moved to London and built a palace there I believe =(.
So it's more like he controlled the Republic from London, instead of the other.

What a shame. On the other hand, he helped us to protect our little country against France, England, bishop of Münster and the bishop of Cologne.

Wow,... Well helluva Lot of Luck to you  Quintillius and team. I loved 1806 WoTC so Im looking forward to this  :wink:

Thank you :wink:!

Update
It seems the coronation scene in Milan takes more time than I expected. But I will post sceenies as soon as I get Napoleon walking correctly  :mrgreen:!

P.S.: And it seems the ceiling texture needs to be re-done.  :mad:

EDIT:
- Ceiling done
- New images!
- New system
  * new uniforms
  * new LODs, so lesser polygons/improved performance

mountblade2011090921502.png

Whoops! I messed the picture ^^!
mountblade2011082917472.png

Original uniform, 1500 polygons:
brfedit2011090922492716.png

...lowered from 1500 to 1000 polygons:
brfedit2011090922492838.png

The LODs start here: lowered to 300 polygons:
brfedit2011090922492980.png

And the final LOD, 150 polygons:
brfedit2011090922493142.png

Ingame, far (zoomed in with shift)
mountblade2011090923165.png

Ingame, very far (zoomed in with shift)
mountblade2011090923170.png

Thanks to SUDI555! Great modeler & texturer.

By the way, I have question - what about implementing Freelancer mod into this one. As marching within Napoleon's would be interesting and increasing through ranks together with the "Merit leveling".
Anyway, I think it's too early for this but It's just a idea  :wink:

Tom Bubu said:
By the way, I have question - what about implementing Freelancer mod into this one. As marching within Napoleon's would be interesting and increasing through ranks together with the "Merit leveling".
Anyway, I think it's too early for this but It's just a idea  :wink:

Freelancer is for Warband.  This mod is for the original Mount and Blade.  Bit of a difference there.    :roll:  Would be nice though.

Back
Top Bottom