Remote Computer "Sharing" - How can I make this work?

Users who are viewing this thread

Righty, I have something I've been planning to set up for a while, but it's rather fiddly and I thought I'd ask first:

Take two computers, each with two monitors. These are physically separated.
What I want is for each computer to broadcast a screen to the other computer and have the other computer able to interact with it as well. Sort of a dual remote desktopping, but less ****. Ideas?

Bonus points if it includes the ability to transfer files between them via dropping it on the other computer's input.

Sounds like computer-sex. Why would you even want to do this?

Skype allows you to share screen images, but the watching computer can't interact with the active computer. To transfer files, I would just use an FTP. Or a USB stick. In the places where I've worked, system administrators have always been able to dial into (to use an archaic term) on-site PCs for diagnostic and scaring us by moving the mouse around and ****, but I'm not sure they had the ability to transfer files too, as they always made a big deal about having to come down and patch stuff.

This sounds like a task for somebody well-versed in networking. Ie, not me.

Assuming you don't want to use remote desktop for any reason there's always VNC. RealVNC and TightVNC are both free, alternatively if you have a hundred quid or so spare you can always get Citrix.

Get Wysecloud and you can use your computer RNC style from a smartphone

Back
Top Bottom