[BUGS] Freelancer 1.2-1.4 Bugs. (LOCKED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

taragoth

Please post all Freelancer/Enlist version 1.2 & 1.4 bugs and any fixes here.

Can't fight any battle and using WSE-launcher? - Don't use it :wink: Use WB-launcher
Game crashes when entering something, using 1.143? - Solution-link
Missing arrows, gloves, bolts,... , using 1.143 - Use 1.134 WB-version or cheat menu
Another playerduplicate in the castle or in tournaments - No solution yet, ignore him, kill him,...

You see details are the life-blood of bug squashing...and this post is decidedly lacking in them.
Were you enlisted? On vacation? A solo solider? A Lord? A King? IS the Mod added as OSP to another mod?
What version of the mod & warband are you using  Did you get any messages or did you just get an app hang and crash to desktop?
Also the RGL_log.txt has reasons for crashes sometimes, always check that , maybe post the last few lines with your report.

Thank you for continuing to help make Freelancer a better mod. It really helps to look through the thread and the whole forum before asking a question about a bug. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna find.

Before someone gets mad at me for not posting this in one of the stickied bug topics, they both seemed to be lock at the time of me posting this, and after a quick use of the search function I failed to find anything that related to this problem so please don't yell at me for that either  :smile:

I just started a new game and decided to enlist with Count Klargus (I think that's his name, he was the lord of Suno) of the Swadians right off the start. After a couple of battles I was promoted to the rank of Swadian Militia but to my surprise I was issued only a single fighting pick. As I wanted to play as legitimately as possible I trashed all of my character's starting equipment as soon as I enlisted and so I was running around on the battlefield completely naked wielding a fighting pick. I think it probably goes without saying that I didn't last very long in many battles without any armour.

I must admit that the strategy of putting a nude soldier in your line to confuse and distract your enemies might not be a bad idea (although it likely would have worked better if I made a female character), I would like to prevent this odd occurrence in the future.

As I am not totally unfamiliar with modding the python module system I tried to find a way to program a fix myself. Unfortunate my limited programing skills have left me at a loss seeing as there is no built in way for the game to track the guarantees of a troop other than tf_guarantee_ranged and tf_guarantee_horse (as far as I can tell at least)

This killed my idea of setting a variable for each of the guarantees to 1, checking what guarantees ":source_troop" has and setting them to 0, then resetting the variables to 1 as the required item type is issued, then running a check to ensure that all of the guarantee variables are set to 1. I imagine that you could use something resembling the code to ensure that a melee weapon is issued; however, all troops need a weapon and some mods might have troops that don't wear armor (some sort of berserker perhaps) so that code might not work in all situations.

If there is a way for my idea to work then by all means use it, but if not or if there is an easier/more efficient way to do it then I apologize for my inexperience.

:shock:

Only thread locked was 1.2 thread :smile: ...as for your situation, I'll look it over in detail in a few...just uploading the new version of Freelancer now. Shouldnt have naked characters btw, Freelancer does'nt touch that area...brb :razz:

I'm still seeing both the 1.1 and 1.2 bug threads as locked. Maybe the higher power of your chosen religion is trying to make my life miserable for finding a problem with your mod lol

Louis Dumonte said:
I'm still seeing both the 1.1 and 1.2 bug threads as locked. Maybe the higher power of your chosen religion is trying to make my life miserable for finding a problem with your mod lol

my bad i locked the old one, sorry

now that 1.2 is out you should unlock that thread so that i can put the fact that the mesh for pic_soldier_world_map seems to be missing from the download in the correct thread

Louis Dumonte said:
Before someone gets mad at me for not posting this in one of the stickied bug topics, they both seemed to be lock at the time of me posting this, and after a quick use of the search function I failed to find anything that related to this problem so please don't yell at me for that either  :smile:

Fixed lock :razz:
I just started a new game and decided to enlist with Count Klargus (I think that's his name, he was the lord of Suno) of the Swadians right off the start. After a couple of battles I was promoted to the rank of Swadian Militia but to my surprise I was issued only a single fighting pick. As I wanted to play as legitimately as possible I trashed all of my character's starting equipment as soon as I enlisted and so I was running around on the battlefield completely naked wielding a fighting pick. I think it probably goes without saying that I didn't last very long in many battles without any armour.
Very strange indeed... new version will fix that I hope.
I must admit that the strategy of putting a nude soldier in your line to confuse and distract your enemies might not be a bad idea (although it likely would have worked better if I made a female character), I would like to prevent this odd occurrence in the future.
As long as it doesnt look like my mother inlaw

As I am not totally unfamiliar with modding the python module system I tried to find a way to program a fix myself. Unfortunate my limited programing skills have left me at a loss seeing as there is no built in way for the game to track the guarantees of a troop other than tf_guarantee_ranged and tf_guarantee_horse (as far as I can tell at least)

This killed my idea of setting a variable for each of the guarantees to 1, checking what guarantees ":source_troop" has and setting them to 0, then resetting the variables to 1 as the required item type is issued, then running a check to ensure that all of the guarantee variables are set to 1. I imagine that you could use something resembling the code to ensure that a melee weapon is issued; however, all troops need a weapon and some mods might have troops that don't wear armor (some sort of berserker perhaps) so that code might not work in all situations.

If there is a way for my idea to work then by all means use it, but if not or if there is an easier/more efficient way to do it then I apologize for my inexperience.
Very good idea Louis, and good news is the new version 'hopefully' fixes all these issues.

Feel free to test the new version and scrutinize the way things work, We know of at least one bug so far , but we are still working on the fix for that. Oh and I'm moving this to the new bug area XP...your kidding me (slaps head)

-gothy

EDIT.

It was the BRF, I'm re uploading now...as soon as i fix the issue. :sad:

BUG: After the player gets hurt in battle, and tabs out battle.
You have no options to chose. Leaving the player stuck at the screen.

Sunhawken said:

I can confirm that this is the case when you are enlisted with an army at least. I will see if you have any options when knocked out when commanding your own party in the morning (it's almost 2 a.m. here :shock:), provided no one beats me to it first

Louis Dumonte said:
Sunhawken said:

I can confirm that this is the case when you are enlisted with an army at least. I will see if you have any options when knocked out when commanding your own party in the morning (it's almost 2 a.m. here :shock: ), provided no one beats me to it first

It's 4pm here and I can't make any sense of what you guys mean :razz:

Edit.

WTF!!! I stand corrected :razz:

mb61.jpg

I'll work on a fix for this and add it to the new download. Funny I was sure there was a stop in place for wounded players. Workaround for this is to give your player at least 1 skill point on First Aid.

Edit:
I'm coming close to a solution for this issue, Once I fix it I'll re-upload the new installation and also add a fix txt file

FIX UPLOADED
- Also just 'return to duty' to wait until your well enough to fight again.

I am assuming this report is in regard to 1.1? Despite the version exchange above, I'm unclear for which version this is being reported. The equipment system was re-worked a little in 1.2, but in either case that code has been checked and re-checked so I'm quite sure that what you describe is not possible. Uploading a savegame for us to check would be helpful...there is always a chance there's a problem in installation.
Caba`drin said:
Equipment works as follows:
-As a player, you are guaranteed all armors that the troop-class/level has access to, whether or not they have them guaranteed or only a chance. (With the in-process changes, shields are guaranteed in this way, too.)
-If the troop class is guaranteed a horse or ranged weapon, the player is guaranteed those as well. If not guaranteed a horse, the player will not be given a horse and will not be allowed to enter battle mounted. If not guaranteed a ranged weapon, ranged weapons follow the patterns of other weapons.
-A player has a one in three chance of getting a weapon of a certain type (one-handed, two-handed, bow, etc) so long as the troop-class the player is assigned has access to weapons of that type.
-After the 33% chances play out, the player is ensured to have at least one melee weapon.

Louis Dumonte said:

You are correct; there are no modding operations to check the guarantees of the source troop beyond range and horse. cmpxchg8b's Warband Script Enhancer adds an operation that will allow this. As it may be used in future versions, this would then be directly possible. Our solution to this lack at this time is to guarantee the player all armor and shields, even if the source troop doesn't have those guarantees; this seems valid, given you are the player after all and you may as well get everything you can.

I think at least that this is a bug :smile: I just downloaded 1.2 and started as a tribesman in the army of Sanjar Khan. I do have received some equipment but no wep at all :wink: Do I have to fight with my bare hands?

And the same bug as stated here above :smile:

Swordyke said:
I think at least that this is a bug :smile: I just downloaded 1.2 and started as a tribesman in the army of Sanjar Khan. I do have received some equipment but no wep at all :wink: Do I have to fight with my bare hands?

Cause Khergit's are awesome! .. they think they are anyways... jokes.

Do you still have your starting equipment? (the game gave you)..might be what they give their recruits....see if anyone else gets this issue

taragoth said:
Swordyke said:

Cause Khergit's are awesome! .. they think they are anyways... jokes.

Do you still have your starting equipment? (the game gave you)..might be what they give their recruits....see if anyone else gets this issue

I don't think they get the sword I got from the beginning :smile:

And fellah, for the bug that was already stated before me, giving your char a +1 on first aid doesn't help to avoid it :smile:

EDIT: ALL HAIL THE QUICK-FIX :grin:

Should state it in the first post :wink:

Edit²: Found another bug I think :smile:
I just got wounded after a battle, tnx to your fix my game wouldn't stick anymore on that silly menu, but now:
My lord now started to help besiege a castle, Tilbaut Castle (Swadian).

I can't join the fight, but I can get in the castle :/

Only option's I got are Follow commander, request audience, Revolt, Desert and Commander report.

When I try to follow my commander in battle, I get another menu with following options:
Pass through the siege lines
Leave

Whenever I request an audience I get the same options as when I try to fight :smile:

Cheers! I'll get that one ironed out as a well, we will have new bugs now that we have this new wounded issue fixed.. I could just add a "I dont wana do anything" in battles  lol

Edit. We are working on fixing that bug right now. Caba'drin, Duh and I are working hard on making this a bugless *cough* version.

Oh sword, are you wounded or ?

I hate double posts...

If your having any issues with any of the bugs reported, we have now updated the main download ... 4mb isnt much to download again :razz:

taragoth said:
Cheers! I'll get that one ironed out as a well, we will have new bugs now that we have this new wounded issue fixed.. I could just add a "I dont wana do anything" in battles  lol

Edit. We are working on fixing that bug right now. Caba'drin, Duh and I are working hard on making this a bugless *cough* version.

Oh sword, are you wounded or ?

I bet I'm :wink: But I got no option to find that out :smile:
I just was wounded in a battle, needed to wait, as I did. We started to wander around and at last we started to besiege a castle :smile: Could do nothing, had to manually close the game :smile:

It is fixed now or not? :smile:

Caba`drin said:
I am assuming this report is in regard to 1.1? Despite the version exchange above, I'm unclear for which version this is being reported. The equipment system was re-worked a little in 1.2, but in either case that code has been checked and re-checked so I'm quite sure that what you describe is not possible. Uploading a savegame for us to check would be helpful...there is always a chance there's a problem in installation.

It was in regards to 1.1 as I posted this less than an hour before 1.2 was released, but it was most likely a problem with the install as a re-installation of the mod has prevented me from duplicating the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom