Translations - V1.011 translations required

Users who are viewing this thread

Cymro

Grandmaster Knight
This is a list of unofficial translations by people on the forum, and official ones by Ikisoft/Associates.

The list follows ISO 639-1 naming codes for
a)Standardisation
b)So non-english speakers can find them.

Many thanks to those who have taken their time to translate the game files, namely
-The Russian Board, The German Board, Escorpion, Agent 47, Akey, Fahrver, Nethros, Audun, Br the jub, MetalMario, Slawomir of Aaarrghh, Kaikallon, Pegasus and Lord Dankoo.

We currently have 8 full translations and 9 incomplete Translations
(Note: The first list only holds the langauges that have a sub-board, the second are langauges without a sub-board):

*language* shows Version 1 compatibility

The List
da (Dansk/Danish)
Provider: Unknown

de (Deutsch/German)
Provider: The German Board

en (English)
Provider: Ikisoft
(Everything - ASCII)

es (Español/Spanish)
Provider: Clandlan.net
(Everything - Unicode)

fi (Suomen Kieli/Finnish)
Provider: Finnish Board

fr (Français/French)
Provider: French subforum
Mediafire
(Everything - Unicode)

nb (Norsk bokmål/Norwegian bokmål)
Provider: Audun and Br the jub
(Stuff done/almost done: factions, skins, troops, hints, uimain, ui, pstyird, party templates, skills and quests.csv,
Stuff beeing worked with: item kinds (200 done) & gamemenus.csv (? Done) - Unicode)

pt (Português/Portuguese)
Provider: Lord Dankoo

ru (русский язык/Russian)

Provider: The Russian Board
Location: MB Repository (0.960)(Everything - Unicode)sv (Svenska/Swedish
Provider: Kaikallon and others
Location: done: Hints, factions. In Progress: Dialogs, UI, Skills.

tr (Türkçe/Turkish)
Provider: Ikisoft

zh (中文/Simplified Chinese)
Provider: www.mountblade.com.cn/
Location: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=374
(Everything - Unicode)
Tech support: guokai.ma at gmail dot com
cy (Cymraeg/Welsh)
Provider: Cymro
(UserInterface, Hints, Skills, Item Modifiers, Factions- Unicode)

el (Ελληνικά/Greek)
Provider: Pegasus

it (Italiano/Italian)
Provider: MetalMario
Location: http://files-upload.com/files/593439/Traduzione_Mount_Blade_v.1.00c.zip
(User interface - Unicode)

ja (日本語/Japanese)
Provider: toma00
Location: https://www.mbrepository.com/file.php?cid=10&id=454
(Everything - Unicode)

ko (한국어/Korean)
Provider: railguns
Location: http://rapidshare.com/files/38827531/mbkor.rar.html
(Everything but dialogs - Unicode)

nl (Nederlands/Dutch)
Provider: Samipso
(Hints, Game_strings, Item_modifiers, skills, uimain, skins, parties - Unicode)

pl (Język polski/Polish)
Provider: Slawomir of Aaarrghh
(Everything: Unicode)

ro (Română/Romanian)
Provider: Agent 47
Location: http://www.esnips.com/doc/32116cdf-77f9-45d3-954b-9d004c845d98
(User interface and hints only - Unicode)

sk (Slovenčina/Slovak)
Provider: Pa3ck6
Location: http://rapidshare.com/files/133525584/hints.csv.html
(Hints only - Unicode)
1 -  Setting up[list type=decimal]
[*]Go into Mount&Blade, and wait for the main menu to show up.
[*]Start a new game or load one
[*]When you have control of your character, press ALT+ENTER
[*]Choose View/Create language template
[/list]You now have two batches of things to translate - the interface itself, and the module specific translation.

2 - Translating the User Interface[list type=decimal]
[*]Go into your Mount&Blade folder
[*]Open "Languages"
[*]Copy "en" and paste it
[*]Rename it as the ISO 639-1 naming code for your language. This means that there is less chance that you mispell the name somewhere meaning slight annoyance. Ikisoft uses these too.
[*]Open the files within with Notepad++ (see below)
[*]Go to Format>Encode in UTF-8 (this means you can have accented characters)
[*]Translate these.
[/list]

3 - Translating the Module[list type=decimal]
[*]Go into your Mount&Blade folder
[*]Look for "new_language" (It's a folder)
[*]Rename that as the same as the other language folder
[*]Open that
[*]Open the files within with Notepad++
[*]Go to Format>Encode in UTF-8
[*]Translate those
[*]Place the folder in the Native "Languages" folder
[/list]

4 - Finalising
1. Make a "Mount&Blade" folder. Place the "languages" folder in this.
2. Make a "Modules" folder in Mount&Blade.
3. Make a "Native" folder in this. Place the other "languages" folder in this.

Here is an example directory tree:
dirtree.png

4. Make a .txt file in your language instructing to copy&paste the "Mount&Blade" folder over the existing folder.
5. Place these in your zip folder.
6. Upload and post it here.

Tools
Notepad++
Description: Highly recommended for translating, as it allows you to change the encoding to UTF-8 easily.
Complex script Support
Provider: akey
Description: Allows easier translating of languages using complex scripts ie Korean and Japanese.

Once again, Thanks to everyone who has helped so far.

Might just as well try my hand in translating some files, being the *.csv files in languages/en/. Not going to bother with item names, conversations etc. at least now that the unofficial editor is outdated for good. I tried python, and it just didn't work on my computer. I guess I did something wrong, or I'm a bad person, no matter.

And in what language? Finnish of course.

EDIT: I assume non-english letters like ä, ö or å can't be used?

Sure, I can make the Romanian translation... It's just that I don't understang exactly what you want... To create an excel file just like the .en one? Or to edit the .txt files? Sorry for my noobishness...

We'll try to translate M&B in Russian.
But now we see some technical problems (we cannot enter the hero's name in russian,   we need additional programming because nouns have cases in Russian language and so on) . Hope we'll solve these problems - the work is in the beginning :smile:

Asanar Varanus said:
Sure, I can make the Romanian translation... It's just that I don't understang exactly what you want... To create an excel file just like the .en one? Or to edit the .txt files? Sorry for my noobishness...
copy the en folder, then rename it to the ISO 639-1 codes (in your case, call it "ro").

Problem is, anything non-ASCII doesn't work, yet. So try to complete the work without the letters, and then add the letters after they become supported

Anyway, good to see that there is some interest :smile:
I'll update the first post now

I'd be happy to arrange a chinese translation.  But:

1.  I'm a game player not a designer.  As such I'm illiterate on the tech stuff.  Send me a text file and I'll have the Chinese translation put next to the English.  It's a bit roundabout but it will get done.

2.  It's apparently not supported yet.

Also, if modders eventually start adding translations and want a Chinese version of their stuff, then let me know.  We wouldn't do hundreds of new lines of dialogue but could certainly do a decent amount.

Also!  If you want any voice acting I've a background in broadcasting with good sound recording equipment.  Let me know.  My only "accent" abilities I'm confident in would go with a Western theme or I can do an upper-crusty that would fit well with royalty.  In addition I can do a good growly-mean generic accent voice.  Shouting, "DIE, DIE!" doesn't usually require dialect training so should be feasible as well.

hibbs02 at hotmail dot com

Cymro said:
Asanar Varanus said:
copy the en folder, then rename it to the ISO 639-1 codes (in your case, call it "ro").

Problem is, anything non-ASCII doesn't work, yet. So try to complete the work without the letters, and then add the letters after they become supported

Anyway, good to see that there is some interest :smile:
I'll update the first post now
You mean something like to not yet use: ă, î, ţ, ş, â, but stick with a, i, t, s...
For now, right?

Cymro said:
Problem is, anything non-ASCII doesn't work, yet.
It does work. At least for Russian characters :wink:

Step by step
1. Create a folder for your language in M&B/Languages directory, copy ui.csv,hints.csv from M&B/Languages/en there
2. Edit language.txt in M&B dir to reflect your language directory name (replace "en" with your dir)
3. Make sure you save your csv/txt files in UTF-8 encoding after translating. Ditch Notepad/Excel for this task, they can't do it. Use Notepad++ or other nicer txt editors.
3.1 ui.csv+hints.csv in Languages/en folder are already in UTF-8. All other files ought to be translated are in Native dir, and in ASCII encoding. Switch ithe latter to UTF-8 and save.
3.2 For "Configure" menu in starting window codepage is working wrong, be aware.

4. It is convenient to create a separate module for your language and tinker with translation there. If you are not a modder: just copy Native dir to smth with other name in the same folder, and choose this module from now on when starting game.
5. Game uses font scaling extensively for phrases that are to be fit in a restricted window, like buttons. Check if you phrase is still readable :smile:
6. Game uses some relatively ugly font for nonASCII characters, different from original one :sad: Don't know the solution yet.

I don't know exactly what the previous posts meant, but I finished the hints .csv translation using only English characters, no special letters. Right now, I'm working on the ui.csv file...

There's a Turkish translation of M&B available here, well, with some problems. I'm sure it would be updated with the release of the new modding system. Translation of the *.csv files is really not a big deal.

I've reached the 70th line out of 531 and I have to go now... I'll finish it this night most likely... I'll post both at around 1AM (GMT+02:00).

That works! Thanks, getassista.

I'm on line 90 out of... 527. Oh well, as long as it's done in the end.

EDIT1: Oh cripes. Welsh only has one word for "spear", "lance", and "javelin". Hmm...

We are preparing a german translation here

I already made a preliminary translation of the ui and hints and found some issues with the translation system. I have reported them in the .800 bugs thread but here are some tips:

- Language specific characters do not work in the launcher and hints
- Text on some buttons/comboboxes will not adjust to the size

I think I will try to do a portuguese translation. I will post here when I have anything done.

EDIT: I going harder than I expected. Portuguese (or my vocabulary) is very poor on medieval weapon names. Do anyone knows a term for "maul" in portuguese, for exemplo. Or an online dictionary that does not sucks?

Right, so I've finished translating 2 hours later than i said...
But there are 3 major bugs:
1) There are a lot of commas appearing after what I translated
2) Several errors like: "STR not found"
3) In some places, font size goes to something like 2 pt...
Any help please?

1. Hmm, nothing like this so far
2. same. Check if you messed up with string IDs accidentally
3. make phrase shorter :smile:

- Language specific characters do not work in the launcher and hints
I had Russian hints displaying ok during startup.

Back
Top Bottom