Graphics Card Questions :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Before I being, I have no idea if this goes here or in the tech support (I'd think here)...but if it's wrong, would a moderator please move it :smile:

Ok, I've been debating for about a month now on what card is better, and why...I can't decide and I'm getting mixed answers from others on different game forums.

Here are the two cards I'm deciding between:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130683

OR

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130610

The 1st one is a 2GB card, compared to the 1 GB one...but has lower core clock/shader/etc speeds

the 2nd one like I said is a 1GB card, but has almost 100 more core clock speed/shader/etc speeds

So, I'm wondering...what card would be best for gaming? and for future uses? (not having to upgrade because one card doesn't have high enough something).

I know most new games coming out later this year are still only requiring a 512mb graphics card, (but when do u think they'd start using a 1 gb, if not more)? so would the 2 GB be better for future use?

Also, I'm getting this graphics card for Warband/Fire and Sword...but not only this game, but also future games like stronghold 3...Red orchestra 2...Arma 3 (next year)...Guild Wars 2 (later this year or early next year)...so I'm wondering what card would be best for that...still being able to run med-high settings a year or two from now (then sli them a year or so later)...

Thanks for the help everyone, if someone could give me a detailed list (or just a straight forward answer as to why one is better, and what is better for future use, I'd be thrilled)!

-TodaysKiller

EDIT: forgot to mention, in the other games forums (red orchestra 2, and arma 2)...some said 2 GB card would only be good if I were running high resolution (above 2000 x w/e)...and running multiple Monitors (which I'm not)...but, then on the other hand, I've had some say the 2 GB one because it can load things faster, etc.

If you run games at 1920*1080 or higher I'd say grab the 2GB model.

If you run games at any lower resolution then don't bother becayse you won't see any difference.

The second one's overclocked though, you could overclock the former if you were so inclined.

Back
Top Bottom