BUG Reports v 1.35 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

Reinforment bug:
it seems the reenforcment bug in some of the ambush maps still does occur. i just fought with my 220 men 80 men of the enemie. it only ever happend in ambush maps all other maps work fine.

btw. i somehow it feel like someone has done a little fine tuning on the fight tactics of the ais and i have to say it works nicely.

Muhbu said:
it seems the reenforcment bug in some of the ambush maps still does occur. i just fought with my 220 men 80 men of the enemie. it only ever happend in ambush maps all other maps work fine.
Maybe that's why I couldn't replicate this problem... You mean you were ambushed? Or did you set up an ambush?

Tiberius said:
1) I think I got a bug where I couldn't get off the village menu after deciding to work as a farmer. Everything involving going back to the map didn't work and I was forced to alt-f4 from the game because of this.

2) Maybe it's not your fault but, some flora from PL pop up in innapropiate places, or just look off.
i.e:
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/nack210/Mount%20and%20Blade/2011-07-31_00002.jpg
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/nack210/Mount%20and%20Blade/2011-07-29_00003.jpg

3) This is more of a suggestion but, don't you think it'd be better if you applied the new stabbing animation on the short blades instead of spears? Spears are usually thrusted from horseback and as it is now it looks really awkward and "weak" on both horse and on foot. I highly recommend you use that animation for short blades instead.

1 and 3 - You need update your warband to 1.35 (31 of July).
2- It is unique problem know of PL, have you try new Graphic pack mod?

Dan11311 said:
I know this is a little early to ask this but when should we expect a patch or another version for naval battles, freelancer and all of these little bugs people are reporting? I'm being patient but I (and probably others as well) would like to get an estimated date.

We are working in an Addon for Freelancer mod in Brytenwalda.

motomataru said:
Muhbu said:
Maybe that's why I couldn't replicate this problem... You mean you were ambushed? Or did you set up an ambush?

good question :smile:

@Naval Battles and Lords problem

We are working in it.

Idibil said:
I got the same problem with trees.
kxQJP.jpg

Your recommended new combo CiD+PL installed.

Idibil said:
Ok. Is it same tree always? or different tree types?maybe it is a problem with a mesh
:lol: Dude. How I can say looking at this, is it the same type or not? Same type of what? Same type of disorganized pile of textures.

All I can say is that problem is not new. I saw it in 1.3 version + CiD( or maybe PL... or both, don't remember) too.

Something wrong with sea battles. When ships collide they begin to "jump" in opposit directions. There was no such a bug in 1.34 :sad:

motomataru said:
Muhbu said:
i was ambusched. and in a few maps maybe all ambush maps simply all avalible troops are brought to battle . not like a normal fight when you loose down to 30 or so.

Stitch74 said:
Tiberius said:
3) This is more of a suggestion but, don't you think it'd be better if you applied the new stabbing animation on the short blades instead of spears? Spears are usually thrusted from horseback and as it is now it looks really awkward and "weak" on both horse and on foot. I highly recommend you use that animation for short blades instead.

I did some research on spears and the new animations are more historically accurate on how they would have been used during this time period.

Yes, in theory, but the execution that animation mod in particular isn't very effective. The thrust looks way too weak and definetly made with short weapons in mind.

Idibil said:
Tiberius said:
1) I think I got a bug where I couldn't get off the village menu after deciding to work as a farmer. Everything involving going back to the map didn't work and I was forced to alt-f4 from the game because of this.

2) Maybe it's not your fault but, some flora from PL pop up in innapropiate places, or just look off.
i.e:
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/nack210/Mount%20and%20Blade/2011-07-31_00002.jpg
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/nack210/Mount%20and%20Blade/2011-07-29_00003.jpg

1 and 3 - You need update your warband to 1.35 (31 of July).

Um, yeah, that's the version I was using, the one with the new animation. Unless you guys reuploaded it or something.

EDIT: Oh, I see what you mean, my bad.

buged battle map:

there seems to be a real nice battle map right with in a enorm dens forrest. i have the grafikpack . right now its nearly not playable as a fight cause :
1. i dont see a damn thing the forest is so dens i cant even see let say 3 m a head.
2. my troops are to stupid to follow meor realy attack the enemy cause they stuck in trees mostly ^^.

btw opticly a beatyfull map ^^ huge tree making oneself feeling realy tiny.
problem is its not useable for a fight ai is to stupid ^^.

Muhbu said:
buged battle map:

there seems to be a real nice battle map right with in a enorm dens forrest. i have the grafikpack . right now its nearly not playable as a fight cause :
1. i dont see a damn thing the forest is so dens i cant even see let say 3 m a head.
2. my troops are to stupid to follow meor realy attack the enemy cause they stuck in trees mostly ^^.

That's not really a bug, it's just a general AI issue. In that 'map' I tend to let the enemy come to me.

problem is the enemy isnt attacking me and not even half his soldiers would find me or even reach me ^^.

I agree it's not a very practical place to fight, I'd rather them focus on the two game breaking bugs for now before looking at that however.

found nothing realy game breaking till now to be honest evrything creating a problem is souraundable.
what game breaking ion your opinion?

A few battle issues...

1) Superman - I'm still getting troops zooming around the field. It's a bit of a game breaker as it basically ruins the battles - troops will go off chasing the 'zooming troops' around the field for the entire battle. Reducing battle size helps kind of, but the issue is still there.

2) Troops not engaging - not sure if this is a bug or just to do with AI, but I've experienced many occasions where neither side will attack. One side will approach, but not actually engage. Also, sides moving around in clusters (assuming this is deliberate tactic) but often seem to run away back and forth from each other, or one group chasing the other across the field and not really fighting.

3) Battle size - what's the max battle size you should expect to play? I'm now figuring it isn't related to the power of your machine (eg I'm running Witcher 2 almost ultra and usually have M&B battle sizer about 500-600). Had been experiencing extreme lag in Brytenwalda but solved that, so can do about 300 smoothly - however the bigger the battle the worse I experience the '1) Superman' bug.

As a note I'm running CiD, but still experienced all of this without it also.

Don't know whether these are related to the mod or something at my end, but any thoughts would be much appreciated.
And massive cheers to Brytenwalda team for very nearly the most awesome mod ever :smile:
Thanks

i start encounter singleling lords ^^ .

they are like a pest there should be a minimum size for pillaging a village vor ai lords i have 1 gewent and 2 dial rata lords wich pillaging my villages ^^ and are to fast to get .

i like the new style of battles they hard direckt but feel a lot more battly ^^.

My problem, okay here we go. I went to a village to recruit some villagers, and it was infested with Morths, 37 of them. I only had 8 (i think) bothachs, and i engage them, and i win. Poof i get 50 renown? is this normal? im a bit of a freak when it comes to this. If this is a bug  ill have to start a new character!

Back
Top Bottom