BUG Reports v 1.35 (Read first page before post)

Users who are viewing this thread

in my game lords a normaly recruiting runingarround fighting mierce atm has take nearly the whole lower english island and they are quiete pestering ^^ they dont like me much it seems.

troop training is real extremly slow with the option on or off doesnt matterthat much and it makes it a lot harder at the start cause even for a half decent 40 men crew able to do some damage you need to rely on mercs. btw the companion seem to train normal. maybe it would be netter to have faster training up to med inv at least.

until now in about 200 game days i didnt encounter any bigger bugs and like the new outpost a lot even if i am missing the partol ability^^.

only real major bug ist the entertein system which will be fixed sooner or later until then dont perfom ^^ or you can destroy the fun of your currentgame.

Gasket said:
dudesweet21 said:
On to the bug.. Its been mentioned previously but I'll mention it again as I don't feel there's been any clarification given about it. Lords are not recruiting new men in to their armies and will simply sit and wait in a settlement eternally.
Can someone else confirm that this is actually happening, I haven't encountered any serious bugs yet and would hate to start a new game if this is present . . .
I'll confirm it. I saw it pre 1.34 with perennial whipping-boy Bernaccia. I assumed it was because these lords had lost their fiefs and/or those fiefs were almost always looted. Does anyone ever see this problem with an expanding faction?

motomataru said:
Gasket said:
dudesweet21 said:
On to the bug.. Its been mentioned previously but I'll mention it again as I don't feel there's been any clarification given about it. Lords are not recruiting new men in to their armies and will simply sit and wait in a settlement eternally.
Can someone else confirm that this is actually happening, I haven't encountered any serious bugs yet and would hate to start a new game if this is present . . .
I'll confirm it. I saw it pre 1.34 with perennial whipping-boy Bernaccia. I assumed it was because these lords had lost their fiefs and/or those fiefs were almost always looted. Does anyone ever see this problem with an expanding faction?

We need a quick fix for this then, for everything else seems stable.

What about naval combat like that guy said? I'm waiting to see if I'm gonna bother to download this one.

KilledByDust said:
Bugs in 1.35:
- Big Naval bug where as soon as the ships get close to each other the whole thing goes crazy and  boats start juddering really fast and everyone is thrown overboard as the boats bounce off each other and and collide with no physical impact. Its hard to explain really.

-With Embarking and disembarking the options 'Yes' 'No' and 'Closer to shore' (or whatever the third one is) don't always seem to work and when one does work I get a CDT error saying 'unable to position (player name) at (map coordinates)'.

callahan9119 said:
What about naval combat like that guy said? I'm waiting to see if I'm gonna bother to download this one.

I've tried it, it seems to work well for me. Although I've only been in one battle. I did notice something odd though, as soon as the battle began I got the message you usually get after a victory, I could keep leaving only to return to the battle. It's frustrating because one miss-click of a button can see you removed from the actual naval battle you're in. Additionally when I only had a party of three, made up of me and two companions, I failed to spawn a ship in a battle and me and my fellows spawned dead in the water below . . .

I boarded another ship with no problem, it's just the fact that the battle is apparently won before its even started.

If they fix the issue with lord recruitment and that it's pretty darn stable in my opinion.

Alright then, seeing as it will likely be a whole new version and not a patch or quickfix I guess I'll wait.

Some people have had something similar with being attacked and they keep returning to the battle forever.

callahan9119 said:
Alright then, seeing as it will likely be a whole new version and not a patch or quickfix I guess I'll wait.

Some people have had something similar with being attacked and they keep returning to the battle forever.

I hope they fix them quickly, they're so close to making perhaps the best mod yet. But yes I'll be waiting for the next fix or release before I invest any time in it.

Whenever I get into a naval battle I don't do anything and it says I won but then it goes back to the pre-battle screen and no body has died also sometimes the ships just go forward and backward and don't listen when I tell them to go forward and attack

Colbxious said:
Whenever I get into a naval battle I don't do anything and it says I won but then it goes back to the pre-battle screen and no body has died also sometimes the ships just go forward and backward and don't listen when I tell them to go forward and attack

Yeh that's what I've experienced, you're not alone.

same here, naval battles are still bugged as hell. I enter the battle, immediatly the battle won message pops up, i tab out and get the msg "You have retreated", with no losses on both sides. Then i am stuck at the combat screen again, when i enter again i start under water and all my men drown.

Maybe a naval rollback would be in order, without the commands and moving around stuff. Just two boats connected over planks. Would be perfectly fine for me.

I've been playing under 1.35 and my naval combat works until you try to board, then the boats slam together and I always fall off and get knocked out, so I just avoid naval battles all together but pirates are such good loot/prisoners. If you guys figure out how to get this working, it will be worth the trouble. Also noticed the pathing for me near cornwall could use some tweaking, always pulls me near france near the tip of cornwall.

Added some screens of the problem,
6986A57DA0D23461717390FC7066D5A75811F7B1
This is how it looks whenever two ships board
A374C83FA88B50ACFC27B649E378FBCE300E15C6
8F93DF010874713D1760DC8CF9E547FDFB55D1F2

Weird, naval combat works fine for me in the newest release.  Worked in the first release of 1.35 also.  Commands work, no messages saying that the battle is over.  There is a risk of falling off the ship if you aren't careful, but this seems realistic to me.  Any way to make this feature optional rather than eliminating it altogether?  I like the new naval combat system now that it works.

Naval combat also works fine for me and i would hate to see it go. The old version was truly horrible compared to this one.

Gasket said:
dudesweet21 said:
Some of these bugs are pretty hilarious you have to admit! I suggest a Brytenwalda hilarity submod  :wink:

Awesome mod guys! The content is phenomenal!

On to the bug.. Its been mentioned previously but I'll mention it again as I don't feel there's been any clarification given about it. Lords are not recruiting new men in to their armies and will simply sit and wait in a settlement eternally. I've completely removed Brytenwalda and Warband (including saves and My Docs files etc) and reinstalled the latest Freelancer-less mod but its still there.

This is the only bug I've encountered that's game destroying, the rest of them are just comical  :grin:

Is it something that needs a bit of time to unpick or am I missing something simple I can edit from this end?

I've noticed the bug as early as 25days in to a new game so it seems like its pretty much there from the off..

Any help would be awesome guys!

Thanks!

Sorry to bump it this =)

The kindly devs are taking a look at it. With my games I've noticed that Drythen Eanhere and Ecgwald (sp's?) are repeat offenders across multiple new games. Best way to test it I guess would be to find a recently defeated lord (or enable cheats, fight a suspected Lord or two and annihilate their armies with shift+f4 (i think it is?) then use the money cheat to make get enough to recompense a peace) and just stalk them for a few weeks =) I notice with mine that they just sit in a town doing nothing, but when I asked them "what are you and your men doing?" they say they need more troops and will continue to recruit them from their current city until any further business is undertaken..

I played a game a week or so ago where the ENTIRE vassalage and king of East Engle where housed in their last remaining settlement, Grantbridge, with only 1 memeber in every party (themselves). That was about 30 days in to the game =/

Massive respect to the men upstairs tackling "Cowardly Lord Syndrome" for us  :wink:

1) I think I got a bug where I couldn't get off the village menu after deciding to work as a farmer. Everything involving going back to the map didn't work and I was forced to alt-f4 from the game because of this.

2) Maybe it's not your fault but, some flora from PL pop up in innapropiate places, or just look off.
i.e:
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/nack210/Mount%20and%20Blade/2011-07-31_00002.jpg
http://i863.photobucket.com/albums/ab197/nack210/Mount%20and%20Blade/2011-07-29_00003.jpg

3) This is more of a suggestion but, don't you think it'd be better if you applied the new stabbing animation on the short blades instead of spears? Spears are usually thrusted from horseback and as it is now it looks really awkward and "weak" on both horse and on foot. I highly recommend you use that animation for short blades instead.

Tiberius said:
3) This is more of a suggestion but, don't you think it'd be better if you applied the new stabbing animation on the short blades instead of spears? Spears are usually thrusted from horseback and as it is now it looks really awkward and "weak" on both horse and on foot. I highly recommend you use that animation for short blades instead.

I did some research on spears and the new animations are more historically accurate on how they would have been used during this time period.

Stitch74 said:
Tiberius said:

I did some research on spears and the new animations are more historically accurate on how they would have been used during this time period.

It's a game. Suffocating attempts at historical accuracy aren't virtues unto themselves.

Uffa said:
I've been playing under 1.35 and my naval combat works until you try to board, then the boats slam together and I always fall off and get knocked out, so I just avoid naval battles all together but pirates are such good loot/prisoners. If you guys figure out how to get this working, it will be worth the trouble. Also noticed the pathing for me near cornwall could use some tweaking, always pulls me near france near the tip of cornwall.

I've fought only a couple of naval battles and have had no bugs except for the "battle won" message popping out right from the start. Had the same problem near cornwall, the ship zigzags.
Love the new ship commanding feature! :grin:

The troop training is really slow in the latest version. The companions level up normally but it seems to me that it's easier for the player to level up now. It's fine by me as there are now more skills as well. There should however be some balance in training your troops. Low level troops should level up fast and only the two final levels should take some serious drilling and dozens of battles before they would level up. It's not that hard to teach someone how to use a shield and a spear, but it's going to take some time and effort when training an elite killing machine.

I know this is a little early to ask this but when should we expect a patch or another version for naval battles, freelancer and all of these little bugs people are reporting? I'm being patient but I (and probably others as well) would like to get an estimated date.

Dan11311 said:
I know this is a little early to ask this but when should we expect a patch or another version for naval battles, freelancer and all of these little bugs people are reporting? I'm being patient but I (and probably others as well) would like to get an estimated date.

Amen, I'd like to know what the plan is as well.

Back
Top Bottom