[AAR] Whispers of Revenge.

Users who are viewing this thread

taragoth

I just had to. ....enjoy! -Gothy

Whispers of Revenge, An After Action Report of Freelancer Mod for Mount & Blade: Warband. by Taragoth

Prologue: Journeys end.

The journey from Rivacheg had been a bit off putting for me, after such a long journey over sea. I didn't expect such a well guarded merchant caravan to be followed by so many bandits. We had to hide for almost a day in some hills then double back and go around a quite mean looking party of Sea Raiders as they are called. Those bloody Nords, they are all a bunch of evil good for nothing bastards...and one will pay dearly!...Where was I..Oh yes! ..On to Reyvadin!

We arrived  in the early evening on the 28th of March as the sun began to set over the small mountain range near the town. I'd paid my second half of my fare, as promised at the docks and ventured off into the streets. I can not remember to this day if I took a wrong turn or what but I ended up in a low lit alley.
Carefully I drew my fathers old small crossbow and loaded one of the few bolts I had, when I looked up an arrow whisked over my head lodging into a wooden plank just above my head behind me. I was standing directly in front of a lone archer, and I was right in his sights! So this is it, alone, no one to back me up, no elder brothers to rush into the fray to defend me, No just me. Everything's happening so fast. Another arrow flies by then my assailant runs at me yelling some unknown battle cry at me. I aim as best I can and fire the weapon at this person before me, closing my eyes for a second it jolts as it's let loose.

"You'll die for that foreign scum!" My opponent runs at me as fast as he can, dropping his bow and drawing a short sword from his belt. He limps slightly as he tries to run at me down the long narrow alley, his blade raised above him. I try to rearm my crossbow as quickly as I can. He is nearing me, a thousand thoughts  rush through my head, feelings of hope ebb from my mind...I raise the weapon to level... again I fire.....

Darkness..

"Are you ok there stranger?" I feel a poke in the ribs with a stick of some kind. My eyes are closed. "Hello, are you ok?" I open my eyes, something is holding me down. A body. But how.. "How..." I ask wearily to the open air as my sight slowly returns to me. Pain still races across the back of my skull.

"Ah, your alive, I saw the whole thing, Pardon my cowardice, things are dangerous these days at this time of hour, And you young sir have done this town a good justice!" I push hard and with the owner of the voices help, and as I push the body off me I notice the bolt sticking out of his eye. Still looking at the eye I sit up against the wall behind me. When I turn my head I see an old man in merchants clothes with a huge smile on his face.

"Justice?...What do you mean, he attacked me..then I felt....".

"My boy! You.. killed him, ..Great shot mind you" the old man exclaims with great enthusiasm  "I..I did?" again I return in question. "Yes, yes, the King will want to hear of this. I was going to ask you to help me rescue my brother, We can talk of that another time.. Yes...Yes we can" The old man explained. He continues to mumble to himself , lost in thought. "Oh Great, alone in a strange town with a nutcase" I think to myself as I rub the back of my head, still slightly dazed.

Sometime after, still unable to rise completely to my feet, my wits finally come back to me as the Night Patrol arrives, One of them looks around and assesses the situation then looks at the old man and says, "Well Mr Merchant, what is going on here?" The Merchant looks at the night guard excitedly, "Saw it all sir, yes I did, This man slew his assailant , "Jacobe of Zagush, a Khergit bandit sir, there's posters with his name on them all around, kings got a good mind to give this man a medal sir, yes he does!" The Night Guard looks over the body then to me , half a smirk on his face, "Oh so you have young warrior of renown, so you have" He laughs. "So whom sir do I send the word of this eve that has done the mighty King Yaroglek a favor then?" He chuckles and reaches out to help me up.

"Taragoth, sir, Corin Taragoth".....

To be continued....

Back
Top Bottom