How to change Activation Key

Users who are viewing this thread

HitoKiri

Banned
  Hail, I am really sorry if it was not here where to post troubles about the Activation Key Topic, I didn't found one for it.

I bought Warband just after it came out, I took the time to note the key in a document.
There is 2 weeks, my Computer got a new Hard Disk with some ameliorations, this document is not now usable. Tried with my mail, the Activation mail wasn't here.
So I decided to ask a friend to lend me his own key, that I am using since 2 weeks. I now have some problem for connection and I got kicked for corruption. That is why I decided to buy the game one more time. ( I already tried to recover the last activation key by your site - but this doesn't work for me ).

Now, I have to change for my new Activation Key, I uninstalled the game, reinstalled, I don't find back the activation key window that pop up for first time. So I re-uninstalled it and deleted all what didn't got removed, after that I reinstalled again, it's still doesn't work, I don''t find any option for enter a new Activation Key, that is why I am asking you how can I use my new activation key for play normally.

Thanks you.

I am sorry, I have Windows 7 ( as ameliorations ) and I don't know how to use it well. Can you please tell me where to find it (HKEY - I forgot this x_x)?
Thanks you for your quick answer.

Hit the Windows Key and R, which will bring up a Run... window.
Then type "regedit" in that window and press enter.

Once there, navigate the tree to the location I indicated:
Caba`drin said:
HKEY_CurrentUser->Software->MountAndBladeWarbandKeys
On the right hand side you should see a list of things like serial_key and activation code. Double click on those two and delete everything in the "Value Data" box. (You may wish to copy their contents to Notepad first, just in case.) Once you have deleted the values, close the Registry Editor and try to run Warband. It should prompt you for your keys now.

Caba`drin said:
Hit the Windows Key and R, which will bring up a Run... window.
Then type "regedit" in that window and press enter.

Once there, navigate the tree to the location I indicated:
Caba`drin said:
HKEY_CurrentUser->Software->MountAndBladeWarbandKeys
On the right hand side you should see a list of things like serial_key and activation code. Double click on those two and delete everything in the "Value Data" box. (You may wish to copy their contents to Notepad first, just in case.) Once you have deleted the values, close the Registry Editor and try to run Warband. It should prompt you for your keys now.
all i see is just serial_key but not activation code

Nooblet804 said:
all i see is just serial_key but not activation code
And you are trying to reset your key as well? Perhaps just changing the serial_key will be enough.

Do you have a Steam version...or another version not purchased through Taleworlds.com? It might be why there is no activation code. Or are you sure you are looking at MountAndBladeWarbandKeys and not vanilla MountAndBladeKeys? (There's no activation code registry key slot on my vanilla installation, but there is on Warband and WFaS.)

Back
Top Bottom