v.802 Bugs

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahadhran

Knight
A hate to do this since the developers work so hard only to have new bugs pop up already!

Anyway I didn't see a .802 bug thread so I thought I would start one.

edit:

The nature of bugs and which ones are coming up is changing rapidly as we try stuff out. I will try to keep this updated as I find new stuff and read through the thread.

List of reoccuring bugs.(three + people have reported) Things to try to alleviate the bug will be in ()s:

1. Difficulty with menu options including character name, text report options and video options sometimes when playing the game in resolution different than your desktop one and sometimes regardless of resolution. (So for those of you having difficulty with this, try changing desktop resolution to what you want to play with or vice versa. It might work, it might not, but at least its something to try. Also you can just try repeatedly clicking on what you want to change.)

2. Stuff to do with river pirate quest: progression goes up by 8% each party, Quest window says you will get five gold per party, Constable hareck says 10 gold and you actually get 20 gold.

3. Odd sound levels for various things in game. (may be related to sound variation)

4. Oddities with party members disapearing. Has happened in conjunction with the 6th day, resting twice in a row, getting involved in many party battles, and sometimes seemingly at random times. Has been some discussion if this could have to do with paying wages although prisoners and heroes reporting as disappearing as well.

5. Difficulties with fighting the bandits with a hostage girl. People have reported that if they choose the option of fighting rather than paying the ransom that they will  get stuck in a loop of fighting unconscious bandits after initialy defeating them. The only way to get out of it is to give over the ransom.

You're the third saying about the name thing.. Obviously something horribly wrong again... :grin:

I'll just add that something odd with the menu sound, when pressing the back buttons and so on the clicking sound is oddly noisy but when you use the inventory the volume is normal. So the big buttons are louder than the others...

Edit: i'll add that i got the name work too with 2 clicks..

The name bug is easy to fix, just press around 5 times on the *Enter Name Here* section and you'll be able to write in a name... :mrgreen: Weird, but true...
Major bugs so far:
1) Still Day 0 bug on Dummy quest...
2) Dummy quest finishes at only 90%...
3) Yet another assertion failure:

I could name my character just fine and the name is still there. First fight was fixed as promised, but I still encountered one small bug in 2nd one. I lost the fight, but nothing happened. I was up again and could attack again. The fight was still going in the world map, even as every on of my allies (manhunters) were dead.

RIVER PIRATES AGAIN!!!!

This time it's the price from constable (or what ever..) He promises 5 for one party and i took a party as prisoners (5 pirates as captives) and i got a reward of 20 coins for the party..

Ahadhran said:
One minor bug found:

In the character creation you can't type in a name. You click on the red "type name here" and it disappears but no characters appear when you type. This does not stop you crom exiting the character screen though so you you can play as normal. Everytime you go back to the charater screen it will show the red "type name here" and you can click on it but it won't let you ever type.

A temporary solution which just worked for me, is if you click repeatedly on the name quickly (i.e. batter the left mouse button) until it turns dark grey, then you can type a name in. Obviously there's something wrong here, but at least you can have a name as you travel around hunting for other bugs, or playing the rest of the game.

The same thing seems to happen on the video options screen, though the options are even harder to change (wiggling the mouse around and clicking wildly seemed to do it).

I hope this works for you too.

[edit] My apologies, that solution has already been posted above by Asanar (though I guess this proves it works for more than one person).

Howdy,

Was able to pick up Borcha, but still can't find padded cloth for Marnid.  Twice had entire party disappear after two consecutive battles, so clearly that is a bug and repeatable.  Even Borcha disappeared with the shiny new horse,armor,weapon I just gave him!  That's what you get for trusting a guy you picked up at a jail (ladies take note!)

Wild & Crazy Guy -- Bug or Feature?
wild&crazyguy.jpg

When I went to look for that rascal Borcha at the Four Corner Tavern I noticed that arrows stopped at the water's edge and just magically floated in midair.

hibbs02 said:
When I went to look for that rascal Borcha at the Four Corner Tavern I noticed that arrows stopped at the water's edge and just magically floated in midair.
This is an old bug that's as old as v.731 if I remember right...

other things:

river pirate quest goes up by 8% for each party
in quest menu it says you will get 5 denars for each party, constable hareck says he will give you ten.
constable hareck gives you 10 denars per 4% completed as if you had killed a party for every 4% rather than every 8%
(some of this may be intentional since getting 10 denars per party isn't a bad change but the problem is the consistancy)

Assertion failed when attacked river pirates when they we're fighting against manhunters.. Sorry, don't know how to add a picture but it says:

Assertion failed!

Program: E:\ blahdiblahdiblah \ mount&blade.exe
File: e:\develop\mb\program\src\game.h
Line: 5142

Expression: parties[party_0].event_id <= 0

And then the good old advices for information. Ignoring works, you can play after it, i'll try to fight the battle now..
Killed them all and it worked fine. Got the loot and all. Only the error when attacking.

Edit mode. Turn it on in configure, then ctrl+e in-game.

And a bug: When in 1st person, I see a floaty hard-to-see thing in the left upper corner. It turns when I turn, and it has outlines of the weapons on my person. When I change weapons, so do they.

hibbs02 said:
(...)Twice had entire party disappear after two consecutive battles, so clearly that is a bug and repeatable. (...)

Confirmed (continued my 801 save).
Joined a Battle of 3 parties (Swadian Caravan & Vargir Scouts against Mountain Bandits) - won - loot screen - back on the map, my party (the two buddies and 8 Vaegis Veterans) was gone.
Attacked two Pirate parties before -> won -> everything was ok. So this might only happen if you join an ongoing battle (between at least 3?).

Will start a new game and see if it happens there too.

James said:
Edit mode. Turn it on in configure, then ctrl+e in-game.

And a bug: When in 1st person, I see a floaty hard-to-see thing in the left upper corner. It turns when I turn, and it has outlines of the weapons on my person. When I change weapons, so do they.
Could be a ghost!

Assertion errors : Try using the full installer rather than a patch. 9 times in 10 this is a botched file update

Confirmed (continued my 801 save).
Armagan did state that saves would be incompatible. Probably best to start a new game.

1. Zendar arena seems to have gone missing for me, when I enter the arena the map is empty. To make matters worse the blue team spawns in the very corner of the map behind the border ridges.

2. Not sure if this is new in 0.802. When you're knocked unconscious in the arena the game doesn't end until you hit tab (even when one team wins it doesn't end).

3. I mentioned this in the other thread but I'll add it here for completeness. I'm not sure if this is a new bug in 0.802 (I skipped 0.801) but I can no longer bind my fifth mouse button, pressing it has no effect in the controls binding screen.

4. This bug was in 0.800 as well. The sheath weapon key doesn't work on my British layout keyboard, if I rebind it to the actual "\" key then it works but the control name appears as "unknown".

(.802)
Found a single bug, somewhat major:

I go to video options to turn off Enviromental Shadows, as it slows down my computer. Turns out I can't turn it off. I try the others. Can't turn them off either.
EDIT: Found another. Menu sounds are a little louder then normal, but they're nothing major.

This version is strange sounded. One sound is too loud, another is too low…Shot is more loud than swing, footsteps/ride is quiet enough (but sometimes they become more loudly, maybe from another camera view), and trade screen sounds is absolutely low.  :???:

I’m only one with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom