Unfortunately 0.801 had a very critical bug (That should be a lesson to me: Never change a feature two minutes before releasing a version!
) Version 0.802 fixes that and quite a few other bugs and hopefully it'll be more stable than the previous two.
I want to dedicate this version to Janus, who has setup the server such that the forums work very fast now, even under heavy load! Thank you Janus, this is really a great day for the Taleworlds forums.
Changelog for version 0.802:
1) Game should no longer crash after victorious battles.
2) Constable Hareck's quest rewards are now calculated correctly.
3) Keyboard input is read from background now, so fortunately keyboard input loss should no longer happen.
4) Tactics skill now affects battle advantage.
5) Minor fixes to party encounter logic.
6) Kidnapped girl quest fixed.
7) Party screen should no longer show stacks containing zero troops.
Defeated parties with zero units should no longer be left on the map after battles.
Known problems that are left to be fixed in a future version:
1) Shiny materials with specular reflection do not work with programmable shaders.
2) Game does not work under Windows 98. (we'll be looking into this right away)
If you have already installed version 0.800 or 0.801 all you need to do is to download and install the following (4MB) patch:http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0802.exe
If you haven't downloaded 0.800 or 0.801 yet, the full installer is as follows (76MB):http://www.taleworlds.com/download/mountandblade_0802_setup.exe
Savegames are not compatible between this version and versions before 0.801. If you want to keep your character, load your character with the old version, and from character window->statistics, export your character. You can then create a character with the same name and use the import function to import him to the new game.
(Note that character import/export was bugged with version 0.800 therefore exporting characters will not work properly from that version)
Patch Download Mirrors (4MB):http://www.mbrepository.com/temp/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0802.exehttp://www.fenrisoft.com/storage/MnB/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0802.exehttp://www.b3ta.cr3ation.co.uk/data/exe/mountandblade_upgrade_0800_to_0802.exe