Firefox? GFX Drivers? Odd bug I can't pin down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Righty, every time I complete a download on Firefox and the little pop-out occurs, my GFX drivers fail then recover. Reinstalled both FF and the drivers, mildly confused and stumped.

Everything slows to a crawl, screen flashes black a few times then I get a notification from my System Tray saying something close to "[Driver Name/number] has crashed but has recovered". Can't get the exact message as I'm not at that PC right now.

GTX 470, updated the drivers when it started playing up, same issue.

Booted the machine to get the error:

z33aj.png

That's really bizarre... Any chance there's overheating going on? That happened to my old card when it overheated. Get something like Speccy or Speedfan and check out the temperatures.

Hmm, it's not that, then... Have you tried outright uninstalling all the drivers and then reinstalling? Something may've gotten corrupted.

FRAPS puts an FPS overlay on pretty much everything, might be trying to put it on the pop up and crashing because of that.

Maybe try reinstalling the drivers or newer drivers after cleaning the pc from old driver files with driversweeper in safety mode (Nvidia _display_!).

Back
Top Bottom