HELL ON EARTH, Demon hunter RP.

Users who are viewing this thread

Incaa

Master Knight
Welcome to Hell on Earth, the Demon Hunter RP.
Discussion and applications are here.

• No God-mode or PvP instant-kills, it's annoying and I'll just kill you myself.
  • Please be polite to other role-players, we're here to have fun!
  • Make sure you've posted a character sheet here before you post.
  • Follow all the forum rules, flaming etc.

Let's begin shall we?

A child broke the silence, a single scream piercing the eerie silence which filled the street in front of the Okama Corp. building.. the hundreds of people who usually swarmed the square now stood frozen with fear as the first creature crawled from the rift; it was apelike in stature, with a vicious snout not unlike that of a crocodile with as many.. if not more teeth and blood red eyes which seemed to flicker with carnal lust as it roared and lunged forward.. tearing a man in two with it's clawed hands. The screaming began.

It was dark in the tube and there was a faint smell of citrus.. or perhaps that was just her longing for some fresh fruit. Commander Cross had been in stasis for five months now, waiting for some sort of orders "Finally some action.." She thought to herself. There wasn't much work for supersoldiers these days, especially with world peace having been officially announced. Still, she'd needed the work.. and soldiering was all she knew, soldiering and machines. "System Enabled, Commander Cross.. can you hear me?" a voice came through her helmet's speakers "Lound and clear control" she replied. A green light flicked on above her head "We're over the drop zone commander, prepare for separation". Cross bit her lip, she didn't like this part..

"Tube open, clean separation" the operator stated as floor dropped from under Cross' feet, she let herself freefall for a moment, feeling her UNC pumping nanites along her bloodstream, adrenaline sometimes activated her augmentations. Cross activated her suit's thrusters and leveled out before hitting the top of a skyscraper "All units, Angel away.. I repeat.. Angel away. We have Hunters on the ground" cross heard the broadcast through her own helmet a moment before it blared over the now empty streets below courtesy of corporate propaganda speakers.

"You know Preacher, this isn't going to be like anything before... These are creatures from another dimension possibly, we don't even know if our weapons can kill them!" came a voice from control. He reached into his pocket, and lit a cigarette, puffing a few times before responding. "Yep, and thats what we are going to find out, prepare for a firestorm control."

The helicopter circled the city for a few moments, looking for the already prepared drop-zones. All units... I repeat all units Angel is on the ground. "Preacher, we're above the drop-zone now." The Helicopter descended until only a few feet from the street. Preacher took a step off, and as quickly as it could, it flew away. Using his foot to extinguish his cigarette, he flipped down his visor and said, "Angel, this is Preacher, do you copy? Any signs of hostile activity?" Waiting for an answer, he visually explored his surroundings. A cloudy day, and an empty city...

Cross's feet hit the earth with a thud, she shut off her suit's thrusters with a thought, courtesy of the suit's neural interface. The street around her was strewn with bodies and.. what used to be bodies "Angel this is Preacher, do you copy?" the Recon officer's voice came through the radio in her helmet "Any signs of hostile activity?"

Something caught her eye, she spun to just in time to avoid a clawed swipe at her skull. Cross reverted to soldier mode, the suit whirred slightly with the weight of the assaulting creature as she lifted it over her shoulder and onto the asphalt in front of her. She fired twelve rounds from her SAW into the creature's skull from close range.. two penetrated. "Preacher this is Angel.. Affirmative on contacts.." She sighed, kicking the beast with and armored boot.

Twenty Minutes Before the Rift

Tim was where his heart belonged... the music flowed through him, as he and his partner gracefully moved across the floor. A corte to promenade, to over-sway...

"NO!"

Then the coach killed the mood, "Promenade to RONDE, then spin!"
The coach decided that morning that the choreography needed to be changed, "Again!"

Once again, the music started up. Just to annoy the coach, Tim over emphasized the ronde... In response his communicator started beeping. The coach, who was very much annoyed, walked over to Tim's pile of stuff, and looked at the front display. (The civilian communicator is detachable from it's place behind the human ear. When attached the display connects to the eye. When unattached it has a screen.)
"Tim, it says Lifestyle Industries is calling you."
"Guess I have to take it," the coach tossed the communicator over. Lifestyle Industry had an unusual contract with Tim. They supplied him, with an apartment with a small dance studio attachment and a very good coach. After proving his worth to the company making deliveries, they would start sponsoring him for smaller dance competitions, and then larger and larger ones. These jobs however, sometimes were initiated during practice.

Meanwhile his partner took a swift drink from her water-bottle and walked back to him, as he connected the communicator to himself. She started massaging his lower back, and shoulders.

"Ya?"
"Hello, Mr. Fellson. We have a quick job for you.
"*sighs* Ok. What is it this time?"
"We want you to test the feasibility of free-running in a new style of body armor. While of course placing a sensor by the Okama Corp. building.
"All right, I just need to grab my bag, then I'll be at your headquarters in a little bit."
"No need, Mr. Fellson. We have the armor ready in-front of your apartment. Password 'Dancing Guy'"

With that the communications were cut.

"I guess practice is over," said his partner.
"Yes it is," he turned around and gave her a quick hug, "at least they let us pretty much do the whole session."

He rolled his head around both stretching his neck, and turning on his GPS system.

About seventeen minutes later

The armor was a tad cumbersome, for free running, but it wasn't too bad. Well it would be better if his head, and shoulder didn't ache so much. He popped a couple of pain pills a couple of minutes ago, but they still have done much. The sensor was in place, on top of a building overlooking Okama Corp. Then...

It happened.

The Rift.

"HOLY ****! WHAT THE **** IS THAT?"

The...animal tore a person apart. Moments later, soldiers in armor akin to what he was wearing, showed up. They started appearing on his HUD, and GPS system as "Angel and Preacher." They took care of the first thing. Tim realized that his suit was on the same channel as theirs as he noticed another thing slithered out of the rift, and around a few buildings...coming up behind the two soldiers.

"Uhm... Angel, and uh Preacher? You have...something coming up behind you between the two red buildings"

(Im on the ground and Angel is on-top of a building as I understand it.)

"Uhm... Angel, and uh Preacher? You have...something coming up behind you between the two red buildings"

A stranger's voice came through the radio inside Preachers helmet, if it was for better or for worse, he listened.
He turned around to see if what he said was true, and unfortunately it was, a beast, atleast 15 meters tall crawled between two red brick houses.

"Oh my God, all units fall back I repeat, fall back!" He fired a clip into the beast, and watched as the bullets seemed to not even hinder the beast, he ran towards the rally point, a park in the center of the city. He fired a few shots over his shoulder as he ran. "Angel, anyone! BANG!" Only static was left to hear...

Incaa said:
Cross's feet hit the earth with a thud, she shut off her suit's thrusters with a thought, courtesy of the suit's neural interface. The street around her was strewn with bodies and.. what used to be bodies

:wink:

Len heard the gunshots, worse he heard the screams; what could be done? Yet nothing was quite as terrifying as the voices he heard. Not human, it was all he could think of as he heard them. Shuddering he tuned his hearing until they were nothing but a barely audible murmur. Time to move.

He reached over to the heavy case the transport vehicle had dropped and threw open the latches.  Silently he recited his own prayer, "Gepárd M-3,Caliber 12.7 x 108 mm, Muzzle velocity 860 m/s, Effective range 2,500 m." Carefully he lifted the gun and deposited an adequate supply of ammunition nearby.

He heard sudden activity over the comms network, someone it seemed was panicking. This was not according to plans.
"Angel, anyone! BANG!"

Running to the edge of the roof, he replied, "Len at overwatch position, commencing supporting fire."

Looking through the scope he had to suppress an inherent urge to panic. The thing, the creature, whatever it was, was massive. The greater problem however lay in the rapid speed with which it was advancing towards the other Hunters. No time, not now.

He aimed for what he guessed was the head, squeezed the trigger and felt the recoil of the gun as the anti-material rifle roared into action. His head still rang from the noise of firing as he saw the first round land true. Nothing. It seemed to do nothing, the thing didn't even shutter.

"Ah well, then." Len muttered. Taking another deep breath he paused, then rapidly fired the remaining four rounds. This time the thing seemed to slow ever so slightly, but not enough. Swearing, he grabbed another magazine, reloading the weapon.

Some inconsistencies are to be expected until we get into a rhythm so we'll say that Angel touched down in a previously rifted area which is why it was empty save for the beast and we are now dealing with a second rift which has opened further into the city. Consider there to be civilians present to some extent in your posts as of now. Cheers

Another unfamiliar voice came through on Cross's radio, she didn't waste time asking what the 'something' was. She pivoted around to see the beast charge at who she assumed was Preacher, "Oh my God, all units fall back I repeat, fall back!" he screamed, the frequency fried a cyber-ocular nerve "Argh!" she exclaimed as her left eye shocked her, and fluttered to darkness. Angel looked around and frantically adjusted the focus in her right eye, attempting to locate the other Hunters. Another monstrosity tackled her, though this one's strike rang true.. her suit hissed and groaned with the force and she felt her UNC fire up to repair the bruised skin beneath.

"Angel, anyone!" BANG!

Preacher's voice was filled with panic, there was nothing she could do. Knocked to the ground and blinded in one eye, the beast loomed over the fallen hunter.

"Len at overwatch position, commencing supporting fire" Another voice, a steady one. Then shots. Anti-Material. Her assailant grasped at her armor with clawed hands, his vile breath now apparent without her helmet. The creature lunged and she thrust her augmented arm through it's skull..

Blood coated Cross' hand as she released it from the monster's snout with a sickening 'Schiiik'

"Go for the jaws" She ordered into the suit's backup mic, her voice thick with Texan accent.

Preacher's ear drum's were ringing from the force the beast had thrown him. Even his helmet had been thrown off, he scoured the area for it, and found, although the hud was mostly fuzzy and irritable. He walked into an ally and placed the M.U.L.E beacon. "*Cough* The M.U.L.E beacon has been placed, and it will arrive shortly.

3 Minutes Later

The soft roar of an engine could be heard on the other side of the alley, but surely enough, it was the MULE, it stood at about half his size. "M.U.L.E has arrived." He eopened the back door and looked inside, it was a whole armory. Taking 3 fragmentation grenades, an FN-SCAR, a few clips of ammo, and an AT4 Rocket Launcher. The weight of the weapons wasn´t that much hindering considering the suit.

Preacher walked out into the street, the creature had been facing the other direction, so he fired a few shots into it. It turned around, and at that moment, he fired the AT4 into the creatures skull, its "face" became more deformed than before, and it was easy to tell it was very hurt. "Take it down NOW!" yelled Preacher into the comms as he dropped the AT4 and sprinted into the alley.

"Go for the jaws" She ordered into the suit's backup mic, her voice thick with Texan accent.

"Understood, commander."

Surveying the scene Len searched for the third Hunter, the one who spoke with a slightly British accent, Preacher. He found him stumbling into an alley as one of the creatures stood nearby having abandoned its original target for defenseless civilians.

Len squeezed the trigger almost in reflex, there was no time to wait for the the thing to turn. Though it shook from the impact it appeared largely unaffected, if anything it appeared irritated. It looked around for the source of this new pain, he could almost swear it was looking right at him.

As the bolt cycled back, Len ejected yet another empty magazine. Too little, too late.

He saw with some surprise, that Preacher had returned and was firing at the creature with a rifle, he felt the anger within him rise, what did the fool think small arms fire would do to these things?

Looking, Len saw as the explosive warhead of an anti tank weapon hit the creature. For a brief moment, he held some hope that it would be enough, however, the renewed pace at which it pursued Preacher indicated otherwise.

Take it down NOW!

Len shifted the heavy rifle to the right ever so slightly, taking aim he focused on what remained of the things face, exhaled slowly and fired five rounds in rapid procession. Mechanically, his hand did the work, reloading the weapon as he watched through the scope, hoping it had been enough to kill it.

A gurgling sound escaped from the creature and smoke slowly rose from the five new holes that had appeared on its head, a liquid darker than blood but not dissimilar in color began to slowly pool on the ground. Taking one slow, unstable step forward the creature collapsed onto the street.

"Confirmed, elimination of target 2. Commander, Preacher, unknown; status?"

Tim felt really useless. He was armed (though not very well), and wanted to do something, but he had no military training. His pistol was more of a deterrent of any potential assailants. All he knew now was to aim for these ****ers mouths.

"Hey...um. Is there anything I can do? Probably not the best fighter, but I can move pretty well on the rooftops."

"BEAR active. Ironskin, Stonewall Online. Bay two opening, T-minus five to drop zone." His helmet was to tight. And it was hot. He hated it, but at least the HUD's voice was pleasent. If he had to describe it, he guessed it would sound like a mother getting her child ready for school.

He shrugged his shoulders and rolled his neck, the plates of armor chinking against eachother as he did so. The BEAR system was heavy, but it was manageable. He checked his Autocannon ammo counter and targeting reticule on the HUD. Once he was sure everything was in order, he opened the COMM channel.

"This is Ursus, hope no one minds if I drop by." And then he jumped.

He fell free and clear, arms and legs spread to slow the fall and keep him stable. He closed his eyes and waited a few seconds, then rolled in the air to where his legs were pointed down. He opened his eyes just as he hit the ground...and the demon that was standing on it.

The shock absorbers in the armor took most of the blow, but it still knocked the wind out of him. The demon, however, wasnt so lucky. A fully armored six foot man falling from the height of a three story building was not going to tickle, afterall.

Ursus stood, rolled his neck one more time, and flipped his wrist mounted sword out. He plunged it into the demon's head, severing it from its body.

"This is Ursus, im on the ground and awaiting commands." He said into the COMM, unfolding the shield on his other wrist as another Demon stepped up to fight.

"Understood, commander." came the response on the comm.

Cross's armor hissed as she rose from the ground, shaking the goo from her arm. She could hear the shots..small arms? 'Goddamn rookie' she grunted, feeling the UNC nanites complete their work. There was nothing the cell-regeneration could do about her eye for now, but at least she could breathe freely.

"Confirmed, elimination of target 2. Commander, Preacher, unknown; status?"
the sniper's voice asked on the radio, somewhat less steady now.
"Hey...um. Is there anything I can do? Probably not the best fighter, but I can move pretty well on the rooftops." came the unidentified voice in response.

Cross hit her thrusters and ascended to fifty feet "You're with me then, follow along the rooftop and.. try to keep up" she replied then headed down the street away from the initial rift, toward the screaming.

"This is Ursus, hope no one minds if I drop by."
'Ursus?' Angel mumbled, would it have hurt command to give her some decent intel?

Moments later the ground shuddered, a bestial creature was crushed by a mass of metal which rose and revealed itself as another H.U.N.T.E.R suit.

"This is Ursus, I'm on the ground and awaiting commands."
The soldier announced.

Angel cut off her thrusters and hit the earth with a thud, tearing up a small section of the street with the forward momentum. Preacher stood to her left, reloading his AT4 "You pull something like that again Preacher.. " She sighed "..I'll shoot you myself"

Most of the civilians in the immediate area had fled or been killed, and the monster which had been chasing Preacher lay dead in a pile of it's own foul blood. "Everyone form up, we need to close that rift" Cross commanded, hefting a street sign as if a baseball bat.

Not the kind of day I had in mind...

Daniel thought as he drove a Hummer to the rift-point.  That wasn't his.  And late to the encounter, if any of these things made today bad enough alone.

Late enough, he got held up behind a car accident, assumingly caused by the panic of fleeing civilians in th midle of the road.  After the dust settled, and traffic was in a literal stand still, Daniel had to hoof it the next ten minutes to get to the site...if one of the people who left wasn't the generous soul that left keys in the ignition to a Hummer, siting right in the middle of the abandoned street.  If that wasn't a sign to 'borrow' it, nothing was.

He hopped in the seat, turned on his comm link to the group, and began driving in style.

"This is Reaper, sorry for the delay, I'll be there in a minute with uh...mobile support, how you guys holdin'?"

Ursus flicked his blade, trying to splatter the black blood from it. It didnt work. 'Great, now ill have to clean that... He thought to himself.

"Everyone form up, we need to close that rift"

He turned, and spotted the Commander and the Hunter called Preacher. They werent that far away, so he decided not to waste energy by running. He could already feel the effects of his Augmentations, as well as his own disability. If he was going to make it to the end of the fight, he had to save as much energy as he could.

As he walked, another demon tried to jump him from behind. Thankfully the HUD warned him, and he spun away as the beast flew past him and landed on its paws. It looked like a dog, but much bigger. It snarled at him, like he was a meal in a tin can. It took a step and began to run back to him for another jump. This time he stood his ground, putting his shield up and placing his sword on the rim. When the beast did jump, he slammed the shield into its face, and stabbed it in the neck with his sword.

With the momentem of the shield, the hole in its neck got bigger and bigger, until the head flew off its body entirely.

Ursus flicked his blade again, grunted in disgust, and went over to the other Hunters.

He nodded to Angel, "Commander," and took a position on her right.

"You pull something like that again Preacher.. " She sighed "..I'll shoot you myself"

"Would you rather have it that I died, commander?" he said sarcasticly. "I only have one more shot with this thing anyway."

He used his comms to activate the M.U.L.E to come to the squad's position. It arrived shortly.

"If you need ammo or explosives, take it now." said Preacher motioning to the M.U.L.E.

"Everyone form up, we need to close that rift" Cross commanded.

"Moving." Len replied, his voice controlled in tone.

Hefting the unwieldy anti-material rifle from the ledge and grabbing as much ammunition as he could carry. Len began to slowly advance forward, using the thrusters of the suit to jump from roof to roof when required. He moved methodically, carefully scanning the surrounding buildings and streets. Reducing the filtering of his aural implant he tried to listen.

Screaming, he could only hear screaming.

Tim, looked where Angel was, and where she was moving too. He started moving in that general direction, vaulting air conditioning units, jumping from building to building, leaping from rooftop to pipes, and the usual works of free-running. Then he saw what the "rift" looked like. He was still a few buildings away. He sighed, and turned on some music externally, to psych himself up. When he psyched himself up enough, he jumped to the lower building in-front of him, rolled. He ran straight across the rooftop, and jumped to the next building. He was in position, and waiting.

"Would you rather have it that I died, commander? I only have one more shot with this thing anyway."
Cross sighed "Civilian safety takes priority soldier" she said, hefting her makeshift weapon.

"Moving" Len reported. Angel watched him move across the rooftops with the unknown hunter to link up with the squad.

Ursus took up position on her right "Commander" he said, nodding a salutation.
"Sure nice of you to join us" Cross nodded, with only a hint of a smile.

The rift was ahead of them, a gaping chasm somewhat akin to a tear in fabric.. but from the earth itself. her remaining eye zoomed in and refocused.. creatures poured from the rift in dozens.. butchering the remaining civilians. Her focus snapped back and Cross advanced quickly down the street, the squad now in toe and Reaper on the way.

Red eyes locked on the hunters as they closed in on the creatures "Three hundred meters, hold fire.." Cross commanded. The monsters abandoned interest in the civilians, turning instead to face the armored threat. "Two hundred meters, civilians clear.. fire on 'em!" she ordered, and engaged thrusters.

Angel rose above the killzone, gaining altitude. Something colided with her mid-air from her blindside.. A horrible screech erupted from the assaulting creature, she swung her weapon outwards; it struck something with a sicking crunch. Cross turned in time to see a mass of bone and flesh fall toward the earth. 'Thud!' another creature struck her from behind, this one latched onto her suit. The creature was about the size of a child, with snakelike eyes and it's skin stretched over it's bony face.. batlike wings protruded from it's back.. it gnashed it's jaws, revealing thousands of tiny needles in an evil contorted grin as it clawed at Angel's face.

Reaper got little response over the comm, and gunfire could be heard up ahead.

He push a little harder on the gas, and then things got wierd on the streets.  Corpses.  Blood.  men in fancy looking suits like his.  Oh, and the hordes of freaky fleshy skull things coming out of the (what I assume was) rift.

"I can't in good conscience pass this up..."  In that moment, he made the Hummer drift around a corner, nailing a little one under the rear tire, gunning another two, those ones got a little hurt, but mostly just got pissed.

He tried the comm again

Reaper here, with the calvary, anyone wanna shoot shotgun?

Boom. Boom. Boom.

Holding his fire briefly Len struggled to find the others in the carnage. There was little time to search though.

Boom. Boom.

Tossing the spent magazine onto the ground, he saw as one of the creatures latched onto the commanders suit inflight. Aiming he considered shooting, swearing, he switched targets and began to fire anew. The two combatants were moving much to fast to risk taking such a shot...

Back
Top Bottom