Sudden lag and fps drop in all my pc games

Users who are viewing this thread

Dathlos said:
sinofchaos said:
Pierce Elliot said:
sinofchaos said:
Pierce Elliot said:
Just so I know for sure, what's the disk usage at? Used/Free?
My C Drive is 80% used 20% free. I recently dled a free defragger online that helped defrag my computer at the fraction of the time the windows version would have taken(never defragged in 4 years, windows version would have taken over 48 hours, this other version took only 2 hours)
if your drive c is less than 750GB then there's your problem. getting it to 35% could potentially help. Alternatively enough ram and a disabled paging file could also help. or if you keep it near perfectly defragmented it should run fine. but I've yet to use a defragmenting program in at least 6 or 7 years so I'm not well versed with them.
I unistalled like 3 or 4 games from steam but it appears the percentage didnt go down what so ever. Im starting to believe its my new keyboard that's cuasing the lag. I defragged for the first time in 4 years,deleted 3 games,got riid of startup programs,used ccleaner and still my games are lagging worse than before I did any of this.
Go buy a new, cheap one from walmart then. A 10$ one with wire works just as well as any fancy, scmancy  keyboard.
I actually still own my old keyboard. Ima replug it and see if this lag and fps drop goes down.

Heres the task manager screenshot you requested.
unledwa.jpg

68% when idle. that's indeed the problem. Its the explorer too meaning one of a few things. one may be indexing, the other being something which has injected itself into the explorer shell.

Pierce Elliot said:
68% when idle. that's indeed the problem. Its the explorer too meaning one of a few things. one may be indexing, the other being something which has injected itself into the explorer shell.
Plz note that I was able to play my games without lag even with the cpu usage and the amount of processes you see here.
But... If you think this is this reason, plz tell me how to fix it:p

Actually, and I'm basing this theory on Windows indexing service as being reflected through the 'explorer.exe' process in the Task manager. Actually, forget that. Go into the task manager and end the explorer. Next goto 'Run Application...' and play a game. If you see improvement, we know it's the explorer. If not, well then there's another problem.

Pierce Elliot said:
Actually, and I'm basing this theory on Windows indexing service as being reflected through the 'explorer.exe' process in the Task manager. Actually, forget that. Go into the task manager and end the explorer. Next goto 'Run Application...' and play a game. If you see improvement, we know it's the explorer. If not, well then there's another problem.
As well as doing that, how bout I get a screenshot of the task manager while Im in a game. I might be able to see whats causing my fps to drop.

This is a screenshot of the task manger before I entered the game as well as the malware report.
unled2fnd.jpg

This is a screenshot of the task manager while in a game.(The lag was actually not so bad)
unledyf.jpg

Plz note even though the processes are down and the cpu usage is low, I was still lagging, and often times it is higher than this.. (see above screenshot on above post)

Gottfried von Berlingen said:
It would be strange if the topic was named "Sudden lag and fps drop in all my console games".
Yah. It would be. While consoles provide lesser quality of gfx, they dont lag nor do they lose fps no matter how long you own them.

It would be strange if the topic was named "Sudden lag and fps drop in all my console games".
No, the quick fix would just be return the Xbox 360 if you don't bother tearing it open and replacing the fan. Just saying  :roll:

@ Sinofchaos. Okay, I need you to do one of two things. 1. Double the amount of RAM you have. 2. Delete 20GB of **** so that the paging file can run just fine and it's not falling back onto your RAM thus bottlenecking performance.

Pierce Elliot said:
No, the quick fix would just be return the Xbox 360 if you don't bother tearing it open and replacing the fan. Just saying  :roll:

@ Sinofchaos. Okay, I need you to do one of two things. 1. Double the amount of RAM you have. 2. Delete 20GB of **** so that the paging file can run just fine and it's not falling back onto your RAM thus bottlenecking performance.
Wish I could add more ram, but my old (4 years old now) only has 3 ram slots. And I already filled 2 of them up. Is it wise to have 3gb?
And I'll try to delete 20gb of stuff, however I dont know if you read my other posts, but even after deleting like 6 or 7 games the hard drive free space only went up 1%

I can delete 6 or 7 games and only go down 1% too. If I don't go back and delete all the other mods and files that are left behind, then I'm not deleting much am I?

Also run CCleaner. Every week I seem to have a few GB lying around for no apparent reason :razz:

Also you can turn off the useless startup processes, which'll help performance some.

Pierce Elliot said:
I can delete 6 or 7 games and only go down 1% too. If I don't go back and delete all the other mods and files that are left behind, then I'm not deleting much am I?
Good point.

This is so weird, Yesterday, css ran smoothly.(no lag or fps drop)Today tho, every server I went in, I started lagging like hell. I dont get it. How can one day be fine,the next not?

I know this is super late but I shared your problem and I might know how to fix it. I have Windows 7 so I don't know if it would be different for you if you don't have W7. My PC was fine could run all games on high and over then sudden lag out of nowhere. One day I opened task manager and went to processes. I don't know how or why but I ended up clicking on something called GPU Monitor and ending it. The screen went black for a minute but then came back up and without any lag. Could play all games on the quality I played before in normal FPS. Later, when I turned my PC off and even later on again the lag was present. So I clicked end process on GPU Monitor and fixed the lag issue until the next time I turned the computer on. I then had enough of it and tried to look for another permanent solution. I then went into control panel - uninstall programs or whatever - then searched for GPU wanting to uninstall my graphics drivers but instead of going to the GeForce fils it land on GPU Monitor instead. I uninstalled GPU Monitor (or it sometimes said GPU VLC + or something) and now my PC is working fine without any lag whatsoever. Hope I'm not too late but this fixed it for me.

DaLimeonator said:
I know this is super late but I shared your problem and I might know how to fix it. I have Windows 7 so I don't know if it would be different for you if you don't have W7. My PC was fine could run all games on high and over then sudden lag out of nowhere. One day I opened task manager and went to processes. I don't know how or why but I ended up clicking on something called GPU Monitor and ending it. The screen went black for a minute but then came back up and without any lag. Could play all games on the quality I played before in normal FPS. Later, when I turned my PC off and even later on again the lag was present. So I clicked end process on GPU Monitor and fixed the lag issue until the next time I turned the computer on. I then had enough of it and tried to look for another permanent solution. I then went into control panel - uninstall programs or whatever - then searched for GPU wanting to uninstall my graphics drivers but instead of going to the GeForce fils it land on GPU Monitor instead. I uninstalled GPU Monitor (or it sometimes said GPU VLC + or something) and now my PC is working fine without any lag whatsoever. Hope I'm not too late but this fixed it for me.

Closing the gpu monitor application opened up some more memory space allowing all the necessary gamefiles to be loaded on ram. When you ran out of ram, some files were loaded on virtual memory, which is a dedicated part of your harddrive, causing stutter and fps issues. I suggest researching your ram upgrade options and getting some more to prevent this from happening again.

Hello!!!!
I am having a hard time playing games on my pc. All my games are having fps drops and are feeling laggy. Its very irritating  and I am not able to play games smoothly.
My pc specs are:-
1. 500 w smps
2. Gigabyte 880GM- D2h motherboard
3. AMD FX-4100 quad core 3.6 Ghz processor
4. Corsair 4 gb ddr3 1333Mhz ram
5. 1 gb ddr5 MSI ati radeon hd 7750 graphic card
6. 1 tb HDD
7. Win 7 OS

I've played games for the past 2 yrs or so and didnt have any problem.I am plaing COD Black ops 2,Crysis 3,Hitman absolution, Assassins creed revelations, Assassins creed 3. Even Counter strike 1.6 has fps dropped to 60 fps. Last week my cousin was browsing through the net and downloaded "REGCLEAN" and it fixed around 600 files on next pc restart. Since then all my game's fps has dropped. I've cleaned the interiors of my pc for any dust .I've reinstalled all my drivers and also updated my graphics driver to the latest one. Still it isnt working. Should I format my pc???
Can anyone help me to figure out the problem plz...

Back
Top Bottom