[Updated to beta2!] Game of Thrones Map- Released [Poll Changes; Close Call!]

Boat crossing of the continent is currently nil- you're in one sea or the other; should I...

• Way Through to Either Sea

Votes: 98 68.1%
  • Boats Stuck on Respective Sides

Votes: 46 31.9%

• Total voters

Users who are viewing this thread

Azrayel

Sergeant Knight at Arms
Karl's Official Update to Mah GOT Map  :mrgreen:
Saboteur100 said:
Bugfixed version now available:

http://www.mediafire.com/?8e88p51065juegn
http://filesmelt.com/dl/scn_scene_522.sco

Now THIS really should be my final update, unless of course more bugs are discovered.

http://www.mediafire.com/?cpxkii8v5ss8t5r

Sever Owners Download/Info:

http://filesmelt.com/dl/scn_scene_58.sco

.txt info-
scn_scene_5 scene_5 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 100.000000 100.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000500000d234800000abc0000089800003d45
sea_outer_terrain_2
rename and remove the 6

strings.txt- http://filesmelt.com/dl/strings1.txt
Re-name strings, this is OPTIONAL and gives Lore Correct names to the GoT map. You'll need to overwrite your server's current one, and to see it differently the client will need to do the same.
[/quote]

This will give you lore-correct names-
http://filesmelt.com/dl/strings.txt
Download&CopyPasta that into your PW mod folder, overwriting your current one. It changes castle names 1-10, so it may cause some discrepency between you and friends when look at who owns what (Vornneston goto King's Landing, et ketra).

Mine/Stuff Overhead
GameofThronesOverhead.jpg

Overhead
mb42-1.jpg
King's Landing (Going to add spires to the religious building, methinks):
mb28.jpg

Kingswood
mb31-1.jpg

Winterfell:
mb36-1.jpg

Dear Azrayel. Without being like the crow hunting down the prey. i may do an GoT event next week.
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184837.0.html ( based on people vote.

So, let see. I was going to send my mappers on it. However i don't think we need to work separatly on the same map concept.

So say us , what your concept ? How much factions/noble house would you put?

finally i'm sending you my steam. We may use a talk.

Medieval Fantasy series of novels, mostly base around the nobility of a continent fighting for control over it. 'The game of thrones' is a saying used to describe the political machinations that occur.

This is still going on; I'm going to have some screens to share with you all coming up in the next day-or-so. Really want to get it done by next Friday at the latest.

Azrayel said:
This map is now under way.

More news\pictures as I get it.

mb28.jpg

Let's keep this simple.

Someone keeps saying there's a map in progress based on Westeros/game of Thrones in general.

But nobody knows for sure, or even remember who it is.

If you are making this map, or have made significant progress towards its creation and then stopped, please come out now and claim responsibility.

If no-one does, my next map will be GoT's Westeros.

You mean minarets to the mosque...

Citizen_Kane said:
Azrayel said:

mb28.jpg

Let's keep this simple.

Someone keeps saying there's a map in progress based on Westeros/game of Thrones in general.

If you are making this map, or have made significant progress towards its creation and then stopped, please come out now and claim responsibility.

Not here, no. This is Westeros, that building would be a "sept" (the dominant religion in southern Westeros is that of "the Seven" gods: the Father, the Mother, the Smith, the Warrior, the Maiden, the Crone and the Stranger).

More specifically, I would believe this one must be the Great Sept of Baelor. If you do add spires, make sure there are seven of them.

Now, technically it should be on a hill, and rather large, but that's not really conceivable. Though, is there a good statue model to put out in front of it?

Oh, and I hope there are plenty of secret passages in the Red Keep. If only it could actually be red.

Reilnur said:
Citizen_Kane said:
Azrayel said:

mb28.jpg

Let's keep this simple.

Not here, no. This is Westeros, that building would be a "sept" (the dominant religion in southern Westeros is that of "the Seven" gods: the Father, the Mother, the Smith, the Warrior, the Maiden, the Crone and the Stranger).

More specifically, I would believe this one must be the Great Sept of Baelor. If you do add spires, make sure there are seven of them.

Now, technically it should be on a hill, and rather large, but that's not really conceivable. Though, is there a good statue model to put out in front of it?

Oh, and I hope there are plenty of secret passages in the Red Keep. If only it could actually be red.

Yeah  :oops: tile sets severely limit what we're capable of. As for secret passages, we shall certainly see  :wink: the city itself is already full of surprises.

I know they're both on hills, but it wound up not working out. I'll remember to put 7 spires- I new it was an 8 or 7 something faced God that they worshiped.

apiks said:
I want more vegetation !

There shall be.

I haven't placed any trees yet- there is going to be forest a-plenty, along with bushes and shrubberies and ferns et cetera.

Fegelein said:
Nice! Will you be adding the Kingswood?

Yes; I'm going to have to bump up some of the water in front of the gate, but I'll certainly be adding it. Commoners all spawn in KL according to my current plan, so they'll need someplace with plenty of trees nearby.

An actual Forrest, is the FPS going to be hurt on this map with the GoT design in mind? Considering your two others I'm expecting a good FPS again with a great scene.

Deserath said:
An actual Forrest, is the FPS going to be hurt on this map with the GoT design in mind? Considering your two others I'm expecting a good FPS again with a great scene.

Good question- whole while on Kingdom Come I was like "awwww ****, gonna kill the FPS with this baby. Gonna plunk along at 25." Then it didn't happen.

Same thing for Dardanelles.

So I'm just sort of assuming God loves me, but if he decides I've gotten to cocky and smotes my FPS with a vengeance I'll make an "optimized" alternative that strips out lots of the FPS-sucking props/trees/foliage.

I mean, Kingdom Come has a swamp and a forest that often wind up both on screen at once and it runs fine, so it probably will do alright.

Back
Top Bottom