OSP Dark Ages 3D Art Norman helmets pack V1.1

Users who are viewing this thread

Sayd Ûthman

Grandmaster Knight
Hello everyone, i recently made some models, and decided to share them here. this pack contains 11 norman fashioned helmets, they all use the same material, and they have specular and bumpmap. lods are included too. you can use this in your mod if you wish, but please let me know if you do and give credit. and also courtesy to faradon for the mask that everyone will probably recognize, i edited it just a little bit.

Download link : Here

I can't take good screenshots, because my actual computer doesn't support pixel shader 2.0 (so you won't see specular and bump) but i will be grateful, if someone here could take a screenie or two :grin:

Version 1.1 said:
Added 3 new helmets and fixed material's flags

here some HD screens with high level shader game preview
mb1t.jpg

mb2bo.jpg

mb3u.jpg

mb4l.jpg
also some info purple(blue) normal maps don't need alpha channel at all so it is a lot better when you save it in DXT1
also spactacular maps dont need alpha channel to - so you could save it in DXT1
and also cause your diffuse map do not really used any alpha channel you can save it to in DXT1

Very nice work, but there is no internal textures in the model, can see through it on the inside of the helmet. But very good work, id be keen to using these in my mod :grin:

rgcotl said:
here some HD screens with high level shader game preview
mb1t.jpg

mb2bo.jpg

mb3u.jpg

mb4l.jpg
also some info purple(blue) normal maps don't need alpha channel at all so it is a lot better when you save it in DXT1
also spactacular maps dont need alpha channel to - so you could save it in DXT1
and also cause your diffuse map do not really used any alpha channel you can save it to in DXT1

Thank you very much for those nice screenshots, about the DXT1 stuff, i didn't knew this before, i'll be aware to fix that for the next update.

Scorp1171 said:
there is no internal textures in the model, can see through it on the inside of the helmet.

I made some holes to reduce a bit the polycount, but i think they're not visible in game, if you can see the holes also in game, i'll fix that too :grin:

Thank's for the comment guys, i hope to have more screens  because mine will look like crap.

I've tested ingame and this is how they currently appear:

mb16.jpg

rgcotl how did you fix this issue, as I see you mention things about the normal maps etc?

Also for some reason, the game is unable to find the Norman_helmet mesh :/

Well, have you added it with module system or with a troop/item editor, anyway, you should if you haven't added the covers_head flag. for the unable to find, check the item name in openBRF, and look for capitalizations and stuff like that. or redownload the file.

Used the module system, with the troop/item/script files as I always do. Just can't understand why it's come out like that when it was okay for rgcotl

ah sorry haven't sayed :grin:
when you open this pack with openBrf you need change some values in in material tab
so spect RGB must be like 10 10 10
coefff: 12 or 16
Flags: 720

after that if still you have some problems you need look at graphic settings when you run the game
in video panel you need change shaders from low to medium or high (this will also enable normal maps in game)

and here is module system lines if someone need it
Code:
 ["norman_faceplate", "Norman_faceplate", [("Norman_faceplate",0)], itp_type_head_armor|itp_fit_to_head   ,0, 278 , weight(2)|abundance(100)|head_armor(20)|body_armor(0)|leg_armor(0) ,imodbits_cloth ],

Thanks ever so much for this help with the material values, it fixed that problem with the lighting etc. Also, it was 'itp_fit_to_head' which fixed my issue with the face not appearing, as before I had it on covers head. Thanks again

mb17.jpg

yes i know
and i mean this one value
["norman_faceplate", "Norman_faceplate", [("Norman_faceplate",0)], itp_type_head_armor|itp_fit_to_head  ,0, 278 ,

itp_fit_to_head this flag only deformonig helmet by head size (simple for this helmet we do not really need it at all)

here is some more information about helmet flags
http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,182328.msg4369981.html#msg4369981

Back
Top Bottom