Hell on earth discussion - Applications closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Incaa

Master Knight
Hell on Earth:
Demon Hunter RP

The year is 2029 and the world is finally at peace, with corporate armies of cyber-augmented soldiers having taken the role of peacekeepers across the globe. Now a new threat arises, one that threatens to destroy everything we know and love. Hell itself; is coming.

Lifestyle industries, the largest corporation on the planet has been secretly developing power armored super-soldiers capable of combating this new evil. Project H.U.N.T.E.R.S.

Please read through the background stuff and then if you're interested; fill out a character sheet and post it up.

Welcome to Lifestyle Industries.

You are attempting to access restricted files. Please log in.

Login: LDiver1
Password: ******

Please wait.
-----=\Accessing----------=\File-Encrypted--[LDiver1---Authorized]-----=\
====--\\

==-Initializing Browser--\\

Hell on Earth!

September 24th 2029
Tokyo, Japan.

A normal day for most citizens in the city of tokyo, or at least it began so. Businessmen crowded the streets, passing street vendors and stores where virtually anything you could need can be purchased, from toys and fruit to augmentations and 'discount' organs.

Like most of the world today; Corporations such as Lifestyle industries have replaced the police force with private military installations throughout the country, soldiers stand guard on street corners and give the populace a sense of security.. one which was shattered at approximately 1:13pm when an enormous rift tore open in a main street.. and from it poured all manner of demons and abominations.

Daniel Hunter, CEO of Lifestyle Industries released a statement thisafternoon in which he told the world that his company is "Doing our best to close the rift and eliminate the hostiles" however when questioned on the nature of the creatures Mr. Hunter refused to comment.

Article by, Samantha Winters.

---Browser Terminated---==\

----Initializing Archive---

To:LDiver1
Subject: Japan

Lewis, I'm sure you heard about the events in Tokyo.. and I'm sure you can understand why it concerns me that this kind of thing could really happen. I know what you'd say to that though "We've been preparing" you always say that, but how much of our preparation actually helps against goddamn portal to hell!

Either way I've been scrambling teams to deal with the creatures which escaped, but this is only a containment measure Lewis. ALL our research points to this happening again.. and soon.

The world is in for one hell of a storm & who's to blame? The company? Ourselves?

Stay safe brother,
- Kara

---[[[Message Ends]]]---

-----==[[SecurityLvl++]]=--\\

PROJECT: H.U.N.T.E.R.S
The following is confidential under article 2 section A of the Lifestyle industries code of command, disclosure of any information contained within is grounds for dismissal and prosecution.

-----[[File-Accessed]]----

Human Ultra Nexus Trooper, Engineer and Recon Suit.

Protected by high grade fiber-titanium alloy, the HUNTER suit is powered by the Ultra Nexus core installed in each trooper and provides almost limitless augmentation without further damage to the soldier's flesh.

Formed in anticipation of enemy contact in post-rift activities; August 9th 2013.
Active Members: 0
Dormant Members: 20

-----[[File-Accessed]]----

Ultra Nexus Core.

Secretly developed by Hans Nexus in 1987 the Ultra Nexus remains the greatest step towards immortality in human history, Humans augmented by Ultra Nexus cores are granted prolonged life and cell regeneration as well as the benefit of not having to tear their bodies apart with older style augmentations. Other side-effects have been reported and seem to be unique to each host,

NOTE: Ultra Nexus cores are highly dangerous; and should only be installed in humans with blood type N. Correct Core location may vary with each subject.

----ERROR[[Authorization+failed]]--
---------==\\\\

--Connection Terminated--==\\

Character Sheet Templates:

Name: What's yo name?
Callsign: Fox leader to _____?
Description: Are you short or tall? Fat or thin? Hot or not?
Former Occupation: What did you do before being selected?
Current Occupation: What do you do now?
Weapons: Like to kill people.. with what?
Equipment: Anything you carry around with you.
Bio: Everyone's got a story, what's yours?
Augmentations and Side-Effects: In the past few years cyber-human technology has moved forward considerably, perhaps you have telescopic sniper eyes? or maybe you've unlocked sections of your brain previously unused. However whatever you choose must have at least one logical side-effect.

Copy-paste this one.
Name:
Callsign:
Description:
Former Occupation:
Current Occupation:
Weapons:
Equipment:
Bio:
Augmentations and Side-Effects:

Úlfheðinn said:
Interested, will post later this afternoon before I head off for the evening tomorrow. ^_^
Look forward to it.

RalliX said:
I'm in three RPs at the moment, so I shan't go to four.
Come to the dark side RalliX.. we've got xbox.

Name: Len Thomasson
Callsign: Len
Description: 185cm tall, in good physical condition(average weight), grey eyes and shortcut black hair. No significant scars.
Former Occupation: Särskilda Inhämtningsgruppen (Special Reconnaissance Group, of the Swedish armed forces)
Current Occupation: Reconnaissance/Industrial Espionage
Weapons: Anything efficient.
Equipment: One pocket watch, dating from the late 1800s.
Bio: Serving with the Swedish Armed Forces during the early 2020s, Thomasson participated in several peacekeeping operations lead by the EU Battle Group.

During his time in the armed services he was assigned to the Swedish Special Reconnaissance group. Formed in 2006, it is concerned chiefly with clandestine surveillance and reconnaissance. Operatives are expected to "covertly infiltrate and move inside hostile territory for long periods of time without detection."

Following the restructuring of the Swedish Armed Forces in 2025, Thomasson was one of many qualified soldiers who resigned, citing dissatisfaction with several of the proposed changes. However, in these modern times, intelligence is an extraordinarily vital commodity and it was not long before he had secured employment with a large corporation as a result of his previous occupation.

Ultra Nexus Core (Head):
*Bionic Eyes/modified Optic nerve - Provides limited target analysis/vision modes(Night vision, Thermal and Electromagnetic)/ variable zoom - Increased calorie consumption and frequent use may result in occasional migraines.
*Enhanced Hearing - Provides a heightened sense of hearing - Requires tuning by the user based on environmental factors to prevent interference.
*Hand/arm stabilizer(s) - Decreases involuntary motion of arms and hands improving accuracy and helps to absorb recoil from high caliber rounds. - Reduces feeling in hands and arms.

Úlfheðinn said:
Name: Len Thomasson
Callsign: Len
Description: Tall, in good physical condition(average weight), grey eyes and shortcut black hair. No significant scars.
Former Occupation: Särskilda Inhämtningsgruppen (Special Reconnaissance Group, of the Swedish armed forces)
Current Occupation: Reconnaissance/Industrial Espionage
Weapons: Anything efficient.
Equipment: One pocket watch, dating from the late 1800s.
Bio: Serving with the Swedish Armed Forces during the early 2020s, Thomasson participated in several of the peacekeeping operations that the Swedish government took part in during this period of time.

Assigned the Swedish Special Reconnaissance group. Formed in 2006, at the turn of the century, it is concerned chiefly with clandestine surveillance and reconnaissance. Operatives are expected to "covertly infiltrate and move inside hostile territory for long periods of time without detection."

During the restructuring of the Swedish Armed Forces in 2025 Thomasson was one of many qualified soldiers who resigned due to dissatisfaction with new policies adopted. Fortunately, in these modern times, intelligence is an extraordinarily vital commodity and it was not long before Thomasson had secured employment with a large corporation as a result of his previous profession.
I like it, I like it a lot.
(Could you provide some more information on what is possible in this field and so forth?)
I'm not really worried what you choose since stupid or unbalanced powers would just be denied, but this is my own character sheet, to give you some idea of power levels.

Name: Tabitha Cross
Callsign: Angel
Description: 168cm tall, Average build, Cybernetic Left Arm, Light auburn hair cut to shoulder height, Green eyes.
Former Occupation: US Marine; Engineer
Current Occupation: Fire-support/Mechanic.
Weapons: Wrench, M249 SAW, M9 Beretta.
Equipment: Left arm augmentation/Tool-kit, Cigarette Lighter, Pocket-Mirror.
Bio: Born July 4th 2003 to middle-class parents in Austin, Texas; Cross was infatuated with mechanics from the moment her father opened the garage door. She spent much of her teenage years locked away with her auburn head buried in some engine or another, much to the frustration of the local teenage boys. Following her graduation from College, Tabitha enlisted in the USMC and was quickly assigned to the Engineer's Regiment where she served a single tour before being dishonorably discharged for striking a superior officer. In January 2025 Lifestyle industries approached Cross, and offered her a place within their organization.
Augmentations and Side-Effects: Ultra Nexus Core; Torso*:
Microscopic Eyesight - Pre-Core - Provides increased dexterity - Causes irritability.
Ultra-Coagulation Nanites - Core-Assisted - Speeds up blood clotting - Drains body's sugar levels.
Cyber-Replacement of the left arm - Core Assisted - Acts as multifunctional tool-kit - Requires maintenance.

*Note; The location of your core effects the augmentations it assists e.g. a brain-set core will increase the effectiveness and decrease the side-effects of all head/brain augmentations.

Brilliant. We can either wait for some more people or get started on the story as a two man team.

Name: Damian Loft
Callsign: Preacher
Description: Average height and build, Short brown hair, blue eyes.
Former Occupation: Interpol Operative
Current Occupation: Under-Cover Combat Operations
Weapons: Small Arms, Hand to Hand, Explosives Expert.
Equipment: The Book "Tales of Alexander The Great" and a note-pad.
Bio: Damian Loft grew up in the lower side of London. As a teenager, he learned how covert operations ran practically the world. Accepted by Interpol as The Director of The Political-Combat Analysis Group at the age of 24 he has seen through operations in the Balkans, The Middle East, and South America.
Augmentations and Side-Effects: Ultra Nexus Core *Brain/Head*
Hightened Information Gathering*: Once he reads or sees or hears something, he understands it, and will not forget it easily. Side-Effects include head-aches.
Cyber-Genetic Bone Strength Enhancements: Though this makes his body stronger, it also makes it heavier, and slightly less stealthy.

Draco Wrath said:
Name: Damian Loft
Callsign: Preacher
Description: Average height and build, Short brown hair, blue eyes.
Former Occupation: Interpol Operative
Current Occupation: Under-Cover Combat Operations
Weapons: G18 Glock w/silencer
Equipment: The Book "Tales of Alexander The Great" and a note-pad.
Bio: Damian Loft grew up in the lower side of London. As a teenager, he learned how covert operations ran the practically the world. Accepted by Interpol as The Director of The Political-Combat Analysis Group at the age of 24 he has seen operations done in the Balkans, The Middle East, and South America.
Augmentations and Side-Effects: Ultra Nexus Core *Brain/Head*
Hightened Information Gathering*: Once he reads or sees or hears something, he understands it, and will not forget it easily.
Cyber-Genetic Bone Strength Enhancements: (Explains itself.:wink:)
A little proof-reading would go a long way. Though I understand if English isn't your first language.

The only real issue is the augmentations and their lack of side-effects, each power MUST have a side-effect.

It's 3:49am. I'll post the story thread when I awaken.

English is my second language, even though Im a American, but i will proofread it. :smile:

[quote author=Incaa]
Rather than try again to revive my beloved Galactic Sin I have decided instead to create a new brainchild.
[/quote]

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Deus Ex meets Out of Hell? Colour me interested.

I might throw together a bio in an hour or two, but I'll certainly be watching either way.

kosmik said:
If Winds of North won't pick up again, I'll surely join this. For how long will you be accepting applications?
FOREVARRR! /notreally

Until the story has enough posters to support it's own weight.

Moss said:
Deus Ex meets Out of Hell? Colour me interested.

I might throw together a bio in an hour or two, but I'll certainly be watching either way.
Deus Ex was actually a major inspiration for the augmentation side of things, though we're less limited IMO.

I hope you do decide to join us Moss, but otherwise I still appreciate the interest.

Ah hell, how can I not? Throwing together a character now.

Out of curiosity what kind of Hellspawned monstrosities are we dealing with here? Classic Christian Theology, Modern Christian Theology, Modern Horror (Out of Hell/Silent Hill/etc), Lovecraftian Otherworldly Horrors?

Huh. Arid, burnt, blood red land, full of poisonous and vicious beasts inhabited by the sinners and outcasts of other lands.

That actually fits pretty well. :razz:

Edit:

Draft character idea:

Name: Emet
Callsign: Golem
Description: Of average height and average build, at first glance the only thing remarkable about Emet's appearance is how unremarkable his appearance is. Emet's face is often blank and unreadable, with features that could be described as fitting either gender or several ethnicities depending on how it's seen.
Former Occupation: Undisclosed
Current Occupation: Personal Security
Weapons: Trained in firearms and unarmed combat.
Equipment: A gold and silver locket.
Bio: Emet would be an enigma if anyone deemed to notice her, quite and withdrawn, dressed unremarkably, neither seen nor heard. Though some may feel unsettled in his presence they rarely notice the cause of their unease and fewer still think on it for more than a second. For the rare few who've been driven by curiousity to seek out her personal records they've found nothing more than an obviously faked personel file with a very large and threatening higher-in-the-food-chain-than-you security authorization seal on it.
UNC; Spine
Synthetic skin and muscles - Provides greatly increased strength/agility - Poor sensory feedback from touch, Poor muscle control without visual feedback
Synthetic face - Skin tone, eye colour and bone structure can be modified (to a limit) in the field - Can appear slightly unnatural, often deadpan emotional expression
Synthetic Speech - capable of mimicking any heard voice or accent accurately - Has no voice of own, always speaks in someone elses tone, can be lilting or artificial on occasions
Synthetic Organs - Increased endurance and decreased need for oxygen/nutrient intake - Requires daily replacement of nutrient tanks, extremely noticable on x-ray and similair security measures.

Note:
Due to the lack of proper gender neutural language in English, and the stupidity of saying him/her everytime I write something I'll just be switching them around completely randomly unless it would cause unwarranted confusion, in which case I'll just defualt to whatever's appropriate at the time.

Back
Top Bottom