Hell on earth discussion - Applications closed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Grimmend said:
Was mine good now?

Or was there something in particular you wanted rewritten?
You're good. Sorry I thought I'd said so.

Arkon said:
Name: Ian Prophet
Callsign: Ursus
Description: Tall, broad shouldered
Former Occupation: Unemployed
Current Occupation: Hunter Squad "Tank"
Weapons: Shoulder-mounted HUD Autocannon*, Wrist-mounted sword and shield, Advanced B.E.A.R.* Armored Plates/Helm(HUD)*
Equipment: A silver ring(never removed), An old copy of "Pillars of the Earth" and "World Without End"
Bio: Homeless, Ian Prophet lived on the street, occasionally breaking into the odd abandoned house to escape the weather. Once, in the act of doing this, he ran into a 'demon' who had made its nest inside the building. Prophet broke the leg of a nearby table and began to beat at the demon with it. He caused minor injuries and was hurt, only to be rescued by squad members from project H.U.N.T.E.R. Prophet was diagnosed with an enhanced "Fight or Flight" response, which caused increased strength in stressful situations. This, however, made him extremely tired afterwards, requireing twelve hours of sleep instead of the standard eight. After the fight, Prophet slipped into one of these coma's, and the H.U.N.T.E.R squad took him back to their base. When he woke up, he was asked to join the squad, and given a prototype armor set known as B.E.A.R.
Augmentations and Side-Effects: Spinal Cord:
Ironskin: "Subjects muscle and skin cells become significantly more compact, enabling the subject to absorb more damage before the skin is ruptured, triggered by subject's 'Fight or Flight'  response." Warning: Augmentation causes severe exhaustion in extended use, Subject will need to sleep more frequently.
Stonewall: "Subject displays an immunity to shock caused from wounds, allowing him to continue on with any manner of injuries that do not disable him." Warning: Subject loses all feeling in the limbs when this Augmentation is active, and will continue to for 2 to 3 hours after use.
Regeneration: "When subject is unconcious for an extended period, Nano-cells will begin to repair damaged skin and muscle tissue in small injuries." Warning: Nano-cells cannot repair large injuries, such as broken bones or ruptured organs

*Notes*
1: Autocannon tracks eye movements with the HUD, and will not operate in the event the helmet is removed. Trigger for auto cannon is on the "handle" of the wrist mounted shield.
2: B.E.A.R. (Beserker Armored Raiment) is a modification to the H.U.N.T.E.R Trooper armor. The Armored Plates of the B.E.A.R system may be mounted to Aug points all over the suit. (Warning: Once the B.E.A.R. System has been implanted, it cannot be removed and the Aug Points it is connected to cannot be used. This Limits the Subjects Augmentations to three.
3: HUD (Heads Up Display) is only active when the helmet is online. HUD tracks eye movement for the Autocannon to aim
Uhh.. you've got the idea but I notice you jumped the gun a little and just posted straight away. I'd prefer you wait until I approve your sheet before you do since there can be balancing issues.

Shin Megami Tensei, or System Shock? I wonder, I wonder~

Yeah, I'm in. Ah, btw, do I have to play for the humans' side?..  :twisted: Please let me know if I can play a raving mad cultist or an... *outsider*. I shall then right up one application forthwith.

Failing that, however, it seems that the team is quite the sausage-fest, with the exception of Tabitha. Allow me to apply for someone to change that somewhat..?

Name: Elrika Fruytier
Callsign: Achille
Description: It's hard to tell whether she is plump or thin - Elrika always wears very baggy clothing that obscures her form and hides her body; nevertheless, her clothes hang off of her somewhat short height, and she occasionally has to adjust a dangling sleeve or tighten her belt - that, given her penchant for surviving off of nothing but black coffee and InstantRice(r) has meant that she probably is quite petite. Her hair was once some other color - but she regularly dyes it a blue so dark that it is almost black to match the blue of her eyes.
Former Occupation: Elrika supposedly served as a private investigator, although little record of her prior work can be found; it appears she did indeed solve cases of some renown in her youth, but the last documented appearance she makes lists her as studying Comparative Mythology at a community college.
Current Occupation: Questions Lifestyles had about her prior occupation aside, the one thing that Elrika does well - EXCEEDINGLY well - is solve problems. She takes immense glee in cutting straight to the truth of a situation, no matter how unpleasant. As an analyst for the team, she is supposed to wait until areas are clear, and provide tactical support as well as understanding of the physiology and nature of the invaders - and how best to destroy them. Of course, that may not be enough for her - and if her 'little grey cells' tell her that the chance to face a foe worthy of her intellect will only come from going along with the team, there is nothing in Hell that could stop her.
Weapons: The Truth!, Nasty Words, Poison. Failing all of the above, anything that is exceedingly sharp and causes bleeding and intense tissue damage - she is quite good with the scalpel she carries around with her, which has a scythe-like honed curve.
Equipment: Aforementioned scalpel, an old-fashioned notepad and paper, a midnight blue pen and a red highlighter, a heat and stress resistant Lifestyles WriteRight Pad, 'The Mysterious Affair of the Gull's Cry', a .357 Magnum 'Chandler' and five speedloaders.
Bio: In almost any timeline, there would have been little need for someone like Elrika Fruytier; with the move towards global peace and integration - or at least corporate integration - crime became a less common and more private occurrence. While other minds were stimulated by the affairs of white-collar crime and arresting those whose fingers dipped into the company account, such crimes bored Elrika and left her mind to languish. She craved challenge, more than challenge - someone whom she could cut down, humiliate, utterly embarrass with how clever she was. Opportunities for this sort of thing must be at least one in one million... But one came, nonetheless.

Having survived on a stipend earned by performing minor problem-solving and analysis duties for the Universiteit Gent, Elrika studied things related to a certain case that she had never been able to crack. To call this case an actual case was wrong, however; it was mere speculation, something that could be neither proven nor denied - are there things beyond human understanding? Do they exist..?

Of course not. There is no way, absolutely no way, that there is nothing that can exist beyond the realm of human understanding! Full of belief in her own skill, Elrika packed the few belongings she owned tidily, and presented her case to Lifestyles - having prepared several cases full of 'supportive material' if they tried to deny her a spot on the team.
Augmentations and Side-Effects: Elrika needs no augmentations - so long as she has access to her little grey cells, of course. And they are keen little grey cells indeed, capable of processing a great many facts with speed and accuracy. However, she is very arrogant and headstrong about her opinions, and absolutely denies the remote possibility that the Unknown Invasive Entities are anything but bizarre life with hitherto unknown capabilities. She is also very mean and snarky - yet strangely tries to avoid anything so mean or meta that it would break the team, the bane of gamemasters everywhere  :mrgreen:

So, what do you think, everyone?

I hope you think it's <good!>  :mrgreen:

You know, if you imagined all this happening at once in one big video trailer, this would look pretty awesome o_o

MAG said:
I think i'll make a tank

Scratch that, Combat Engineer.
We need a medic?

TarnishedWanderer said:
Shin Megami Tensei, or System Shock? I wonder, I wonder~

Yeah, I'm in. Ah, btw, do I have to play for the humans' side?..  :twisted: Please let me know if I can play a raving mad cultist or an... *outsider*. I shall then right up one application forthwith.

Failing that, however, it seems that the team is quite the sausage-fest, with the exception of Tabitha. Allow me to apply for someone to change that somewhat..?

Name: Elrika Fruytier
Callsign: Achille
Description: It's hard to tell whether she is plump or thin - Elrika always wears very baggy clothing that obscures her form and hides her body; nevertheless, her clothes hang off of her somewhat short height, and she occasionally has to adjust a dangling sleeve or tighten her belt - that, given her penchant for surviving off of nothing but black coffee and InstantRice(r) has meant that she probably is quite petite. Her hair was once some other color - but she regularly dyes it a blue so dark that it is almost black to match the blue of her eyes.
Former Occupation: Elrika supposedly served as a private investigator, although little record of her prior work can be found; it appears she did indeed solve cases of some renown in her youth, but the last documented appearance she makes lists her as studying Comparative Mythology at a community college.
Current Occupation: Questions Lifestyles had about her prior occupation aside, the one thing that Elrika does well - EXCEEDINGLY well - is solve problems. She takes immense glee in cutting straight to the truth of a situation, no matter how unpleasant. As an analyst for the team, she is supposed to wait until areas are clear, and provide tactical support as well as understanding of the physiology and nature of the invaders - and how best to destroy them. Of course, that may not be enough for her - and if her 'little grey cells' tell her that the chance to face a foe worthy of her intellect will only come from going along with the team, there is nothing in Hell that could stop her.
Weapons: The Truth!, Nasty Words, Poison. Failing all of the above, anything that is exceedingly sharp and causes bleeding and intense tissue damage - she is quite good with the scalpel she carries around with her, which has a scythe-like honed curve.
Equipment: Aforementioned scalpel, an old-fashioned notepad and paper, a midnight blue pen and a red highlighter, a heat and stress resistant Lifestyles WriteRight Pad, 'The Mysterious Affair of the Gull's Cry', a .357 Magnum 'Chandler' and five speedloaders.
Bio: In almost any timeline, there would have been little need for someone like Elrika Fruytier; with the move towards global peace and integration - or at least corporate integration - crime became a less common and more private occurrence. While other minds were stimulated by the affairs of white-collar crime and arresting those whose fingers dipped into the company account, such crimes bored Elrika and left her mind to languish. She craved challenge, more than challenge - someone whom she could cut down, humiliate, utterly embarrass with how clever she was. Opportunities for this sort of thing must be at least one in one million... But one came, nonetheless.

Having survived on a stipend earned by performing minor problem-solving and analysis duties for the Universiteit Gent, Elrika studied things related to a certain case that she had never been able to crack. To call this case an actual case was wrong, however; it was mere speculation, something that could be neither proven nor denied - are there things beyond human understanding? Do they exist..?

Of course not. There is no way, absolutely no way, that there is nothing that can exist beyond the realm of human understanding! Full of belief in her own skill, Elrika packed the few belongings she owned tidily, and presented her case to Lifestyles - having prepared several cases full of 'supportive material' if they tried to deny her a spot on the team.
Augmentations and Side-Effects: Elrika needs no augmentations - so long as she has access to her little grey cells, of course. And they are keen little grey cells indeed, capable of processing a great many facts with speed and accuracy. However, she is very arrogant and headstrong about her opinions, and absolutely denies the remote possibility that the Unknown Invasive Entities are anything but bizarre life with hitherto unknown capabilities. She is also very mean and snarky - yet strangely tries to avoid anything so mean or meta that it would break the team, the bane of gamemasters everywhere  :mrgreen:

So, what do you think, everyone?

I hope you think it's <good!>  :mrgreen:
I like it, though your lack of UNC and augmentations could be troublesome. The enemies we've encountered so far are playful puppy dogs compared to what we'll see.. later.
The 'grey cells' you mention can be UNC nanites if you like, with the same effects and side-effects.

Úlfheðinn said:
Interesting.  :razz:

Also, Incaa, is there some standardization of weapons we should be going for? (i.e American, Russian, Prototype?)
As soon as we've completed the first part of the story I'll be introducing prototype weapons which are effective against the seemingly invulnerable enemies. For now, think Merenary style loadouts.

Moss said:
Sorry I'm late to the party, been a busy weekend.

Are you about to wrap up this chapter Incaa? If so I'll wait to step in.
Yes I think so. You might like to introduce yourself alongside the new weapons.

Name: Karl Feldtmann
Callsign: Stitch
Description: Short and lanky, very kept and tidy. Slight OCD. Green eyes. No hair, No scars. Caucasian 5'3, not much muscle tone.
Former Occupation: Med Student
Current Occupation: Medic
Weapons: MP5
Equipment: Medical supplies.
Bio: Born In a low class family he always sought to be better then his family, they weren't a bad bunch. But he always felt like he could do better, in a family with low expectations. He thought his higher education would be met in a loving way, but the family felt as if he looked down upon is worker class family, so they always gave him a harsh time for trying harder.
Augmentations and Side-Effects: Ultra Nexus Core Head

*Hand/arm stabilizer(s) - Decreases involuntary motion of arms and hands improving his ability to work in harsh environment
- Reduces feeling in hands and arms.
*Bionic Eyes/modified Optic nerve - Provides Limited x-ray vision
- Increased calorie consumption and frequent use may result in occasional minor headache.
*Synthetic nerv fibres. Grants a higher sense of concentration and focus.
-Headaches and the occasional migrane.
*Bionic Legs to increase speed. And jump lenght.
- Can't carry as much weight except his own and the medical supplies. Combined with the Bionic eyes/ modified optic nerve, everything will feel as if it were slow.

MAG said:
Name: Karl Feldtmann
Callsign: Stitch
Description: Short and lanky, very kept and tidy. Slight OCD. Green eyes. No hair, No scars. Caucasian 5'3, not much muscle tone.
Former Occupation: Med Student
Current Occupation: Medic
Weapons: MP
Equipment: Medical supplies.
Bio: Born In a low class family he always sought to be better then his family, they weren't a bad bunch. But he always felt like he could do better, in a family with low expectations. He thought his higher education would be met in a loving way, but the family felt as if he looked down upon is worker class family, so they always gave him a harsh time for trying harder.
Augmentations and Side-Effects: Ultra Nexus Core Head

*Hand/arm stabilizer(s) - Decreases involuntary motion of arms and hands improving his ability to work in harsh environment
- Reduces feeling in hands and arms.
*Bionic Eyes/modified Optic nerve - Provides Limited x-ray vision
- Increased calorie consumption and frequent use may result in occasional minor headache.
*Synthetic nerv fibres. Grants a higher sense of concentration and focus.
-Headaches and the occasional migrane.
*Bionic Legs to increase speed. And jump lenght.
- Can't carry as much weight except his own and the medical supplies.
You're in.

If nobody else present posts by morning I'll wrap this up.

Sorry for the long wait time! My bad. Real life is nowhere near as cool as the internet.  :cool:

Anyway.

I like it, though your lack of UNC and augmentations could be troublesome. The enemies we've encountered so far are playful puppy dogs compared to what we'll see.. later.
The 'grey cells' you mention can be UNC nanites if you like, with the same effects and side-effects.

Sounds good - also, I have no aversion to dying off at some point, ehehe! So I assume I can post as I like? Thankee!  :mrgreen:

Incaa said:
Cross kept herself on auto-polite* mode as her new squadmates introduced themselves.. a slight smile might've touched her pursed lips in response to Achille's halo remark but she tried to stay professional, it was important that she set a good example for the rest of the squad.

"Anyone want a smoke? Its been a long day."
Reaper asked, producing a pack from his equipment stache, it was against regulations to keep non-military items in the suit's vault.. but they were all guilty of that, how else could they keep things dry?

The commander gratefully accepted and quickly lit up a cigarette, breathing deeply and exhaling with a sigh, she turned to the remaining squad members "At ease, I want you all rested and reporting to the Arms division at 06:00 tomorrow morning. Good work today everyone.. Dismissed" she saluted.

Cross headed for the aid station, she needed a new eye.

*Polite  :razz: Intentional play on words.

Wrong guy, I'm Reaper, Draco's Preacher

Back
Top Bottom