If you have Performance Issues, Crash and RUNTIME ERRORs Look here

Users who are viewing this thread

However, you use normal warband for menus and normal game, WSE have conflict with strings and menus in Brytenwalda.
you have it include in Brytenwalda folder.

Warband and memory is a old problem hehe, you have more information in first post.

Thanks for answering my questions Idibil,

Can you please answer what does "render_buffer_size" do?  If I knew what it does then maybe I would be able to find the best setting for it. 

Currently I have no idea, it seems like it does not affect anything other than if I set it too high (1024 for example) the game does not want to start or crashes right away.

Also, I have a few other questions (these might be helpfull to others also)

1. What is "use_ondemand_textures_mt = 0"?  If I change to 1 then the game does not start, why?
2. Do you know what "auto_gfx_quality = 2"?

THanks for all help.  I really love this mod and just want to play it withoug too much lag :razz:

Just as a side not, I limited my computers memory consumption by closing needless processes lowering windows visual setting etc.

Currently my windows eats only about 450 MB of my ram.  So this leaves about 2.7G Ram for Brytenwalda... I hope this is enought.  I also have Radeon HD 3200.  Is this enough and maybe I can change some setting on it to allow game to run better?

I think that your questions are reply here: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Configuration

:grin:

Currently my windows eats only about 450 MB of my ram.  So this leaves about 2.7G Ram for Brytenwalda... I hope this is enought.  I also have Radeon HD 3200.  Is this enough and maybe I can change some setting on it to allow game to run better?

Warband work with 2 GB of your memory, and brytenwalda 512x512 should work fine you. I have 4gb of memory and 1 GB of graphic Card (ATI too), and it did.

It has relation with resources you assign coform to your memory card. I dont know like it work, but I have 12 here, I saw 15 in others games, and rest of people use half of their graphic card memory. By example, if they have 1 GB, it add here 512.

When I tried changing my boot file (adding /3GB /USERVGA=2990 fix)  I get the following message:

Warning--nothing will be rendered. The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced funcctionality reference device installed. Install the DirectX SDK to get the full reference device." I hit OK, it says "Generic Application Error", "The Sample will now exit." These are Mount and Blade error screens, not windows screens. What does this mean?

Also, I notice that the best way to get Brytenwalda working is to reduce the resolution.  I changed mine to 1280x768 16-bit and that helps a lot.

Advice is good but what about:

When I tried changing my boot file (adding /3GB /USERVGA=2990 fix)  I get the following message:

Warning--nothing will be rendered. The reference rendering device was selected, but your computer only has a reduced funcctionality reference device installed. Install the DirectX SDK to get the full reference device." I hit OK, it says "Generic Application Error", "The Sample will now exit." These are Mount and Blade error screens, not windows screens. What does this mean?

HI! can you help me, i have an annoying problem with the mod, like many else do :grin: but still i need help with this... So when i try to go visit an village center, or town... the game freezes, and error window comes, that says: Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library

Runtime Error!

Program: C:\Program Files\Mount&Blade Warband\mb_warband.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an
                            unusual way
                            Please contact the application's support team for more information.

and also iwe tried many fix ways here are... but it still does the same, also iwe tried to put texture, and all others into the lowest. But still same error happens. Please help me. VILIPO

I imagine that you have tried first page of this thread solutions.

You need try textures submods, 512x512 by example, you can meet them here:
http://www.novaregula.com/brytenwalda/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6&Itemid=36

vilipo, try lowering your screen resolution to lowest possible setting.... 640x480 16-bit I think is the lowest.  The game will look like crap but at least you will see if it works.  If it does, keep increasing your resolution to the maximum that will still work  :grin:

ok thanks for help, i got the mod working,  :eek: but.... still when i go to villages or towns it has about... 50% chance to freeze the game  :neutral: and also... the game look awfull  :smile:

Hi... i think that the problem is in the town files, and village files... or then its in my C++ program that uses to create the villages, and towns. Also when i got to battle that has over 20 men... the game freezes. The other mods work fine, exept this one. is there an way to put more memory into the C++ program, or something? VILIPO

Adorno said:
Orcron said:
I got an RGL error when i try to load the game this is my RGL Log I also downloaded the texture fix and still doesn't work.

Starting new log file.
Version:  1.134
You're using an old version of Warband.
Brytenwalda only works with the latest version: 1.143.

Thanks alot.. Idk why i didnt notice this before.. cant wait to get off work and go home to start the mod.

Idibil said:
diiter said:
hi, I updated to 1.392 today, but my game keeps crashing at the first loading screen. After the crash, I get a RGL error:
"unable to open texture files Textures/Gutek_swadia_wooden.dds" or something like that.
I tried to reinstall everything, and evem downloaded the fix for older pcs, but nothing seems to work. version 1.38 just works fine, so its not really a performance issue...

Mm, this patch should fix that problem. are you sure have you overwrite 1.391 sceneprops4 with 1.392 sceneprops4?
sorry for the late reply... yeah I copied everything from the 1.392 folder, the sceneprops4.brf as well, but I got the same error message  :cry:

diiter said:
Idibil said:
diiter said:
hi, I updated to 1.392 today, but my game keeps crashing at the first loading screen. After the crash, I get a RGL error:
"unable to open texture files Textures/Gutek_swadia_wooden.dds" or something like that.
I tried to reinstall everything, and evem downloaded the fix for older pcs, but nothing seems to work. version 1.38 just works fine, so its not really a performance issue...

Mm, this patch should fix that problem. are you sure have you overwrite 1.391 sceneprops4 with 1.392 sceneprops4?
sorry for the late reply... yeah I copied everything from the 1.392 folder, the sceneprops4.brf as well, but I got the same error message  :cry:

Really, Brytenwalda dont use this texture, you can copy other texture and rename it to this name, and it should run.
I dont understand why this problem continue, in my game it run fine.

Ok, hi its vilipo, i have uploaded an video into youtube, so you can watch it and tell me whats the problem!  :smile: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQggarfCbVw&context=C434c9b8ADvjVQa1PpcFPVaEkaCNoa1QEQWh7qflkwLY9NDPt0vVw=

Back
Top Bottom