If you have runtime or crash, maybe you need use some of these performance patchs:
If you have PC old: <4 GB of memory and <1GB of graphic card, you can try this performance patch:http://www.4shared.com/rar/TOVY_O0-/brytenwalda512x512.html
If you have a PC very old: (<2 GB memory), you can try this other patch:http://www.4shared.com/rar/7taQHHsh/brytenwalda256x256.html
If this dont fix your issue, then continue reading...
If you have continous CTD issues you need read this guie, but before you try this (steps copy of JohnT)
1) remove the mod and the game completely
2) defrag all hard disk drives/partitions on your PC
3) re-install the game
4) before launching the game, disable/kill all applications that run in the background
6) if you have no network sharing [i.e. single computer at home] disable your memory resident antivirus for limited extra performance gain
A Good Graphics Card with generous dedicated vRAM is needed for anything to do with 3D environments (battle screens)
For the campaign map, it is calculations that is being done in the background and that requires A LOT of CPU power
Naturally enough RAM is also required to store the data that is to be processed. Known things that will cause you to CTD or Lag heavily!
Autor: Kinsume in 1257 forum.
Alright so I'm making this topic in order to prevent the same questions from being asked over and over again. Post under it when you get a CTD or Heavy Lag. If it's a CTD try to explain in detail what you were doing when the crash happened. Include things such as your ingame settings and such. For the heavy lag please include your ingame settings as well as your Pc specs.
1. For Windows Vista/7 Anything above a 2 ghz processor, 2 gigs of ram, and 512mb. Windows xp is pretty much the same with a bit more leave way in terms of ram requirements. (Laptops require even more, unless its a laptop built specifically for gaming with high end specs a laptop performs horribly for gaming)
2. Having "Textures on Demand" not checked in the configure settings. (For every PC)
3. Having "Force Single Threading" not checked in the advanced settings. (Primarily for dual or quad core PC's)
4. Putting Ragdolls and Corpses to unlimited. (10 Ragdolls/40 Corpses or less is usually what you want)
5. Having your battlesizer over 200. (I suggest only going above 150 for PC's that exceed the specs I stated above)
6. Having your performance % under 100%. (The better the game looks, the slower it will run)
7. Having background programs running. (This eats up a ton of memory even if they aren't being used. Also M&B gets real anal when you alt + tab out of the game and typically crashes)
8. Having Anti-Aliasing on anything other than off/none. (For a game with graphics like M&B's this doesn't really do anything anyways, but your PC thinks it does and will still use massive amounts of video memory to try and make it work)
9. Having Edit mode selected in the advanced settings. (Only use this for debugging and never for actually playing the game)
10. You installed the mod incorrectly and screwed something up. (It happens sometimes, deal with it)
1. Battlesizer to 100 or less. (Will help performance and CTD's)
2. Video settings to "Low". (Will help performance)
3. Using Direct X7. (Looks crappy but helps low end PC's alot)
4. Use the "Start Windowed" option in settings with 800x600 resolution. (Will help performance)
5. Set max frame rate to 80. (The human eye can only see 60 fps tops anyways, and that's with perfect vision. Having it set to a high number just because your PC can do it isn't always a good idea)
6. Completely uninstall M&B and delete all files/registry files and do a fresh install. (Sometimes files become corrupted for whatever reason)
7. Turn off your networking and anti virus when you play the game, if you're using a hardcord for your networking unplug it from your PC just incase. (This will free up memory, which the game uses a ton of)
This is what I've experimented with during my time playing M&B. I personally use a 3ghz dual core, 4 gigs of ram, 2257mb video memory, and windows 7 64-bit. I never CTD, I don't lag in the battle maps with max settings and 250 battlesizer, and I have slight stutter on the World Map.
No matter how good your PC is, you will get stutter/lag on the World Map. This is due to the game's engine processing so many scripts constantly, and there is nothing you or Othr can do to fix that minus removing alot of shit.
If you are getting errors that show up with the red text, go into the notes and screen shot it then place it on the bugs board. More than likely it's an error in your installation because I have yet to see another one since this last patch.
If you get a CTD and it gives a pop-up with what caused it to crash take a screen shot of that and place it on the bugs board.
If you haven't bothered to read this far and just spam the board I'll ask Othr to just delete your post and your questions will just be ignored. As new problems/fixes are found I'll add them to the list and let you all know it's been updated.
Well, generally your crash and Runtime erros isnt bugs, it can be problem of performance or low memory. Brytenwalda 1.34 need best PC than 1.332 or native.
A solution that is fix 85% of the problems is here: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,131274.0.html
Other solution is that you look your configuration, if you have problem same you need change something to:
Enable Cheats = Off
Load Textures on demand = ON
Texture detail = 60%
Antialissing = Off
Shadow Quality = Low
Enable Edit mode = Off
Force Single Threading = ON (Mount&Blade supports multi-core processors. You can use this option if for some reason your multi-core processor is not handled correctly, or if your single-core processor is incorrectly recognised as a multi-core. If you have a multi-core processor you should always leave this option off unless you have problems, as turning it on will reduce performance.)
-You max the corpses at 40
-This could to be a potential problem with a video card with limited video memory. You can reducing the texture size in the Warband configuration options. Please reduce the texture size until your crashing stops.
-You try to change the render_buffer_size parameter: rgl_config.txt
The default value is something like 15, but people reported good results in the past setting it to 100 or more (will depend on your GPU RAM size).
-There is another parameter there: disable_frequency_variation
-If you turn off 'load textures on demand', it doesn't load the textures into RAM for use when a scene is built and actors are placed. Instead, it's putting all of the textures into VRAM. This causes a crash upon game load if the end-user doesn't have enough room, throwing a fairly mysterious-sounding error message, instead of gracefully switching off the option and loading normally.
More information here: http://strategywiki.org/wiki/Mount%26Blade/Configuration
However, if you have this problem and you fix it, post your solution plz, others player can need it.
I am crashing on the first page. The very first page when you are loading the game. When I am loading I get a RGL error. Solutions?
- Go to Documents
- Open Mount&Blade Warband folder
- Open rgl_config
- Change the value in render_buffer_size to 256 ( after playing Brytenwalda if you play another mod change it to the previous value; i.e: mine was 2048)
- Enter game, new game.
- Play and have fun.
When I play for 20 minutes it gives me that release time or somthing CLOSED my game and I can't play...
Im with Dual CPU so I enabled the single threading ... Otherwise I buffed my settings to the max and now I play with no problem, I also did another thing.
I went to My Documents and opened the warband folder then opened rgl_config and I pressed CTRL and F and typed in render_buffer_size then I changed it to 256... I don't remember what it was before but I have no problems now. The game is so nice when its on maximum settings.
If you cannt enter to taverns or towns, it is a Warband 1.143 bug with some configurations, you need open your module.ini (in Brytenwalda mod), and change disable_moveable_flag_optimization = 0 to disable_moveable_flag_optimization = 1
Graphic Performance Problem:
Best current fix (for some people): So far the best temporary fix is to comment away all buffer_size lines.
The game_variables.txt file can be found in your module's name (e.g. Native) and is located in the Module folder where you installed Warband.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Mount&Blade Warband\Modules\Native
Before you modify game_variables.txt, make a copy of it so you have a backup, in case you make a mistake and you want to go back to the original.
To deactivate the lines put a # in front of them:
#new_buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_static = 262144
#new_buffer_size_dx7_regular_ffp_dynamic = 262144
#new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_static = 32768
#new_buffer_size_regular_ffp_dynamic = 32768
#new_buffer_size_regular_static = 131072
#new_buffer_size_regular_dynamic = 65536
#new_buffer_size_skinning_static = 131072
#new_buffer_size_skinning_dynamic = 65536
#new_buffer_size_normal_map_static = 131072
#new_buffer_size_normal_map_dynamic = 65536
#new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_static = 131072
#new_buffer_size_normal_map_skinning_dynamic = 65536
The reason for commenting them away is that if they are not there, then the game engine uses its own hard coded default values, and those values seem to work better.
Anyhow for the life of me I could not get this mod to even start up in the game, giving me runtime errors on the loading bar screen once it reached the "loading setting data" part at the end. Well after trying about everything else I realized that when I downloaded it (saving it to downloads not clicking on run) that because I used one of the "alternative" download sites I had gotten a warning about that website not being trusted...I clicked on "run any way"...it installed fine but wouldn't run. Well apparently when it ran the installer it did not run with admin rights (windows 7)(nor did it even give me the option to). Even though the mod seemed to be all there when I inspected it, it apparently caused this error.
Solution= Erased the new version, went to my downloads folder and reinstalled with admin rights and now the mod loads up fine. So to anyone who has had this problem before and couldn't understand why....this might be your ticket to kick some pict butt.
If you installed using alternate website(forget which one of the two) and you got an error message about it not being trusted...just exit that out and goto download folder and install with admin rights.
And before anyone blasts me....yes I always run everything with admin rights with win7 but the way this turned out I did not have the option too and for some dumb reason it didnt occur to me at first.