EU_A_PW_RP Map : River of Sorrows

Users who are viewing this thread

Aldric

Grandmaster Knight
River of Sorrows

Background : Years ago a mighty battle opposed the invading french army and their Germans allies to the bravery of the English army.  A mighty battle it was. A bloody one. Thousand died. All sword or bow in hand. Knights get drown in this river, archer bleed out to die in this river, a footman get stabbed by a lance and ended up this river. And the rest ? Covered the field and became the seed of the farming field around the town. Burned to the ground. But eventually. Years goes and it was rebuilt. Years after, the same river, weapons are now getting rusty and Great-helms of once brave ones are visited by the fishes of the river.
Does the French commander got sorrows after sending his mens to dead ?
Does the English lord got sorrows after forcing all his foots army into a desperate attack upon the spike of the outpost ?
Does the German leader got sorrows after seeing his noble Zweihanders getting covered by arrows and drown like cattle in this river trap ?
Maybe ... maybe ..
But now a new type of people of adventurers came in this land. They will use the same place as theirs ancestors and they will do the same mistakes.
The river of blood will flow once again.
Server main topic : http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,178635.0.html

Concept By Aldric.
Work done by SergeantFriend 

Overview of the map.

Legend :
Main town
Pink : Town watch faction and main town with civilian job, civilian armory and selling point. The doors are faction looked to the town watch but they got civilian class  ( militia, archer and craftsman)  Easy to take from a decent attacker they are here to protect the town from outlaws no to take part in big faction war.
Resources :
Black points with grey : Iron mines
Tree all over the map.
Faction
Brown : Outlaw base and their selling point
Red :  The German forward post. A small wooden post. Wooden doors, Easy to take.
Blue : The French castle. A french fort with stone wall.
Green : The English outpost, A wood camp protected by spike to the river and a high watch tower for archers. Medium defense.
Yellow : The English castle. A English castle with high wall and archer tower.
Mercenary : At the north of the main town. 5 factions including the town watch so they can take back their town.

Feature :

Clear map : Not a lot of Fancy stuff. Clear map for Clear game and focusing on RP not finding selling point.
War based map : Easy to take camp to mighty fort. To allow numerous move over the faction. It's clearly unbalanced in terms of defense to favour offensive action to take the best places.
No backdoor  : The Stone castles can't be taken without ladders. Just like in real life.
No ruffian only brigands : Low strength outlaw to improve roleplay. No more plated outlaw.
Faction locked Jail in everyplace : To favour prisoners, slaves and Ransom_broker RP. 
New civilians job added : You want to be the lone huntman with a huntbow in the mountain ? You can ? You want to be the brave milita who will protect miners ? You can.
New military class added : The mighty sergeant is available to all factions . The best warrior on foot. 
Mountain for rare herbs :
If you want to get this healing/poisoning herb you better like jumping on high stones.

Download link :
http://filebeam.com/download2.php?a=773cfb370c8bc36b5e4e4dcc57126647&b=ae5804dca8740d700b979453f224df93
Code:
scn_scene_7 scene_7 256 none none 0.000000 0.000000 300.000000 300.000000 -100.000000 0x0000000330000500000d23480000321e0000734300002863 
 outer_terrain_pw_1

Change log :

V1.1
:
Fix glitch on the French castle stairs to reach the lord.
Fix the mine visual glitch.
Fix the visual glitch in town
Fix hidden town chest to fill up with the market selling

V1.2 :

- Added a TW tower in main town with lord position, low grade weapon and low grade armors.
- Improved the forest mercenary camp with low grade armor, sword, shield and Xbows to allow mercenary group to form easier and without the need of a castle armory.
- All staires glitch should be fixed.

V1.3
- Thousand of Fix and improvement to the map.
- New faction "Arabian pirate"
-  New riddle of the black armor.
- Mercenary house, Civilian HQ, and outlaw base are redone.

Played yer map for a short while. I don't really like the design, but that's not the point of this post. I found some bugs you might want to fix:
1. one house in town is floating above the ground
mb1o.jpg
2. you can see through mine entrance prop from behind
mb2kh.jpg
3. that wall looks really ugly - try to stretch it a bit less
mb3mx.jpg
4. Imo there shouldn't be holes in town walls (spaces between buildings, no screenshots)

Also, I've added it to knowledge database.

V1.2 :
- Added a TW tower in main town with lord position, low grade weapon and low grade armors.
- Improved the forest mercenary camp to a wood camp with low grade armor, sword, shield and Xbows to allow mercenary group to form easier and without the need of a castle armory.
- All staires glitch should be fixed.

The map has proven to be quite ... intense for 100+ players. It's getting so crowded that factions became a must have for people if they don't want to be steam rolled by bigger armies.

The castle wars are quite interesting and popular however commoners get drawn in fight for the main town, i'm currently seeking suggestion to prevent that.

The map may be upgraded to add a melee field, a jousting field and a new secret mine.

And by answering to a few complains.
- No the iron will not be raised. We need to keep wood cutting and crafting attractive.
- No the outlaw will not get ruffians. They are too strong and they may wear heavy armors. For now nearly all outlaw go around in outlaw looking armor. it's way better for RP.
- The map isn't big enough to add more castle/factions.
- The crowding of the main town and "steamrolling" war may become an issue after 100+ players. I will seek with my team and we will make players vote to see what we will do.

Concerning the server, there is great chance that the map will change after sunday event. I just need the mapper to make a normal gameplay mod for the "Sea wall" map

BUMP

This map got updated nicely several times, would be good if we keep this thread up-to-date.

The Town Watch HQ could use an extra room with a few item chests in it, it could be a room for confiscated, illegal or evidence items. The chest in the armoury is full.

you should pick the kingdom come map 8 factions and alot of castles. here is a link to it http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,184685.0.html

Anyone wanna comment about the Pentagrams on this map? We've tested blood sacrifices ontop of them but nothing seems to work to get them "glowing" as i've heard people say.

admin can we have an event or map that is really good for rp atm it is hard to rp

Back
Top Bottom