Mount&Blade Cartographer | Just my own spin-off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Lumos said:
Aw, Swyter. If I hadn't finished working on my map, how would I've done it? A couple thousand settlements are certainly more than 768. :lol:
Aha. But you're nuts, so that doesn't counts, really.

produno said:
1, Any way to remove the text it places next to the icons i use?
Yeah, just added an option for that.

produno said:
2. Last time i tried this tool the co-ords were not correct, as if the map hadnt centered itself right or something.
They are correct, my map editor comes... wait for it... with pinpoint accuracy.

--

Haven't tested it at all. So your feedback is more than welcomed.

Code:
[URL=https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/downloads/swycartographer-2013.07.02.zip]https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/downloads/swycartographer-2013.07.02.zip[/URL]

Changelog <https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/commits> said:
*color-encoded selection/picking should be working as a 24bit RGB number/id.
instead of just using 256 shadows of red.

We should be having (2^:cool:*3 colors now, same number of selectable parties for those mad enough.

*quick indenting and reformat pass

*let the user disable right-side comments, which include the previous values.
I guess that if you use VCS you don't need them at all. Suggested by produno.

*beautify things a bit.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,183658.msg6629298.html#msg6629298
> 1, Any way to remove the text it places next to the icons i use?
> it messes up my module system lol, im a neat freak

Lumos said:
Aw, Swyter. If I hadn't finished working on my map, how would I've done it? A couple thousand settlements are certainly more than 768. :lol:

You must have took a walk down crazy street whilst doing that, would have drove me insane!

Swyter said:
Yeah, just added an option for that.

:grin:

I found out that it also edits your module.ini file, because my module broke quite badly and I was spending an hour or two figuring out what I did to do so. Seemingly it was the Cartographer that changed the first 10 lines or so the module.ini file, removing hints, setting world map coordinates to zero and the module name.

I don't know how the Cartographer is supposed to edit your module.ini file, but I doubt this is the right way :razz:. At least I thought I did share this.

Jezze said:
I found out that it also edits your module.ini file, because my module broke quite badly and I was spending an hour or two figuring out what I did to do so. Seemingly it was the Cartographer that changed the first 10 lines or so the module.ini file, removing hints, setting world map coordinates to zero and the module name.

I don't know how the Cartographer is supposed to edit your module.ini file, but I doubt this is the right way :razz:. At least I thought I did share this.

No it doesn't. Thorgrim's is the one which does what you say. Take a look to the code, which is executed in real time within a Lua VM. You won't find any
Code:
module.ini
references. It doesn't even attempts to open it.

It's open source, unlike others. You can modify it to your own needs, as I've done for myself.
Open Thorgrim's with an hex editor and search strings. Tell me what you find in there.

Some kind of source control or revisioning comes in handy, by the way.

Swyter said:
Jezze said:

No it doesn't. Thorgrim's is the one which does what you say. Take a look to the code, which is executed in real time within a Lua VM. You won't find any
Code:
module.ini

It's open source, unlike others. You can modify it to your own needs, as I've done for myself.
Open Thorgrim's with an hex editor and search strings. Tell me what you find in there.

Open source you say, that sounds good. Might be as well Thogrimms then. Have you tested it by any chance how it runs on a Linux system?

Jezze said:
Swyter said:
Jezze said:

Code:
module.ini

Open source you say, that sounds good. Might be as well Thogrimms then. Have you tested it by any chance how it runs on a Linux system?

Should work mostly fine. There are a bunch of Windows-specific features, like backslashes, message-boxes and save dialogs. But you can run it with a vanilla LuaJIT* executable from your package manager and test it right away, setting the paths directly. Takes a bunch of minutes with a decent editor like Geany or Gedit.

*Standard Lua doesn't works because I make use of FFI for storage and directly calling OpenGL and other libraries.

JaredThinks said:
How do you add towns, castles, and villages?  I'm a newbie.

By copy-pasting entries in the module system. Or, more specifically within
Code:
module_parties.py
Then, with this tool you move them visually, and the coordinates are stored back in there.

It saves a lot of time and headaches. Thorgrim saves directly in the TXT format.
This one doesn't work like that, is complementary to the normal tools.

Swyter said:
JaredThinks said:
How do you add towns, castles, and villages?  I'm a newbie.

By copy-pasting entries in the module system. Or, more specifically within
Code:
module_parties.py
Then, with this tool you move them visually, and the coordinates are stored back in there.

It saves a lot of time and headaches. Thorgrim saves directly in the TXT format.
This one doesn't work like that, is complementary to the normal tools.

Thanks!

How repair this error?
Code:
Broken MAB install? <D:\Gry\Mount&Blade>
Found WB installation on <D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBla
de Warband>
Msys folder at <D:\swycartographer\res\msys>
Module folder at <D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warba
nd\Modules\Sclavinia>
@--start loading font xml
    width:2048  height:1024     padding:5
   font loaded in 0.008s
@--start loading font dds
luajit: .\soil.lua:100: SOIL DDS failed
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        .\soil.lua:100: in function 'loadTexture'
        .\mab-font.lua:53: in function 'load'
        cartographer.lua:46: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

Rybopiotr said:
How repair this error?
Code:
Broken MAB install? <D:\Gry\Mount&Blade>
Found WB installation on <D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MountBla
de Warband>
Msys folder at <D:\swycartographer\res\msys>
Module folder at <D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\MountBlade Warba
nd\Modules\Sclavinia>
@--start loading font xml
    width:2048  height:1024     padding:5
   font loaded in 0.008s
@--start loading font dds
luajit: .\soil.lua:100: SOIL DDS failed
stack traceback:
        [C]: in function 'error'
        .\soil.lua:100: in function 'loadTexture'
        .\mab-font.lua:53: in function 'load'
        cartographer.lua:46: in main chunk
        [C]: ?

The
Code:
soil.dll
is probably broken or missing, download it again and ensure all the files therein are extracted properly. SOIL is the library I use to load and show the DDS textures.

Rybopiotr said:
I have this when i use my own map.txt file. If I import as obj everything are ok.

I guess you've created your own font for your mod, eh? Well, cartographer is a bit limited in the kind of DDS textures it can open. Just like OpenBRF this thing only opens DXT1, DXT3 and DTX5. You are probably using a more exotic format for your
Code:
font.dds
file.

Resave it to DXT5 or temporarly rename
Code:
textures/font.dds
and
Code:
data/font_data.xml
from your mod folder, so it uses the common one.

You don't undrestand me. I talking about ONLY map.txt file. I don't have add MS files, so I think your program take normal font file. But you have right, i using custom font.

Rybopiotr said:
You don't undrestand me. I talking about ONLY map.txt file. I don't have add MS files, so I think your program take normal font file. But you have right, i using custom font.

I understand you perfectly. What you've to understand is that the DDS plugin is used solely for loading the font texture.

It isn't connected in any way that I know of to the
Code:
map.txt
or
Code:
module_parties.py
parsing code.
It's all modular, take a look to the Lua files, it's all open and easily tweakable without much hassle or having to compile at all.

Swyter said:
Haven't tested it at all. So your feedback is more than welcomed.

Code:
[URL=https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/downloads/swycartographer-2013.07.02.zip]https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/downloads/swycartographer-2013.07.02.zip[/URL]

*color-encoded selection/picking should be working as a 24bit RGB number/id.
instead of just using 256 shadows of red.

We should be having (2^:cool:*3 colors now, same number of selectable parties for those mad enough.
I still have the same problem as before. The program will not let me select all of the parties. I have to comment out a lot of them until I reach a processable number. Even then, some weird things happen, like certain parties refusing to safe the new location, although they let themselves be dragged around. This phenomenon was limited to very few parties (when I tested the program with a more manageable amount of parties).

All in all your program told me that I have 368 parties, which should be correct. With your new colour scheme this should have been easily within the manageable boundaries, no?

Thanks again for giving your program to us, but I wish it would work for a larger number of parties. Mayxbe you could have a look at it again? Thanks for all your labour, you put into this!

Yeah I noticed that too; I believe the program what put all parties on the map; but I believe it has a hard limit of the first 255 parties that it'll let you actually move. Regardless it let's me move and view the map with ease. It is just that maps that have a lot of parties on the map can't actually move & select all of them.

DerGreif said:
I still have the same problem as before. The program will not let me select all of the parties. I have to comment out a lot of them until I reach a processable number. Even then, some weird things happen, like certain parties refusing to safe the new location, although they let themselves be dragged around. This phenomenon was limited to very few parties (when I tested the program with a more manageable amount of parties).

All in all your program told me that I have 368 parties, which should be correct. With your new colour scheme this should have been easily within the manageable boundaries, no?

Thanks again for giving your program to us, but I wish it would work for a larger number of parties. Mayxbe you could have a look at it again? Thanks for all your labour, you put into this!
Computica said:
Yeah I noticed that too; I believe the program what put all parties on the map; but I believe it has a hard limit of the first 255 parties that it'll let you actually move. Regardless it let's me move and view the map with ease. It is just that maps that have a lot of parties on the map can't actually move & select all of them.

Now it works for
Code:
(2^32) - 1
parties, that's
Code:
, more or less. You can't really have more in OpenGL.
Here is the download link and the message logs from the latest five commits, made today.

This time I've tested it and put more effort into it. Fixed a bug, too.

[!] Remember that from now on you need to keep the
Code:
G
key pressed to move the selected party around, just like
Code:
R
for rotation.

Code:
[URL=https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/downloads/swycartographer-2014.03.07.zip]https://bitbucket.org/Swyter/cartographer/downloads/swycartographer-2014.03.07.zip[/URL]

*add a more visible rotation marker for the selected party, highlight the coords log on G press.
*take font scaling into account, should make bigger fonts more manageable.
*add error handling to the font print function subroutine thing,
don't attempt to print characters not present in the font atlas.
Fixes random crash/ exception on OBJ import.
*drag selected party only when the G key is pressed.
*add another line atop the selected party marking its rotation.
*fix the color-encoded color picking to make use of 32 bits of precission (RGBA),
you can't really have more numbers than this. should be cool now!
Thanks for your patience! :neutral:

Back
Top Bottom