Rootkit Software

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know how the hell I managed to get one of these but Avira and Malwarebytes can't take out Rootkits. I don't have the software because I haven't got a virus that lodged itself in my boot since I was like 6.

Anyone got any suggestions other than the usual Taleworld's semen measures? I can put up with all that, but I would heavily appreciate some input on what's a good program these days.

You can give the eset nod 32 30 day trial a try.

http://www.eset.eu/online-scanner-new-faq

In order to obtain rootkit detection, prevention and removal use ESET NOD32 Antivirus (full feature 30-day trial version can be downloaded here).

The first response is always a google. Yes, I know it's there. Google is just a search engine, users are actually making a recommendation.

Eset is at the top of my list of stuff to download, might give that one a try if my searches don't turn anything that looks more.. helpful. Thanks, Duh.

Wish I knew how I got this damned thing, the only three sites I've been to in the last three days have been the Kerbal forums, Bay 12 forums and here.

Thanks, Stech I'll add that one to my list too.

www.bleepingcomputer.com has some handy guides, aids, and advice on killing most viruses. You're more likely to find the things you need using google than their search engine though.

Oh, and if you run into any of the nasty viruses that lock your antivirus, use Bleeping Computer's inherit.exe file to unlock them. Just drag the locked file (or the entire directory) on to the exe.

I've worked out what it is, it's a ****ing keylogger. I know exactly how to handle it, what I don't know is how to make Windows stop telling me 'Access Denied!' which is what I believe HijackThis will help with.

Not that more suggestions aren't welcome, I like knowing all my options.

MY CREDIT CARD NUMBER IS 345-NOEP.

Once you get rid of the logger start by getting Nod32/Bit-defender (though Nod32 is probably a better choice, and yes, they conflict each other), then run Malwarebytes even more regularly and always have HijackThis nearby.
Though a logger? Sure you became infected through downloading strange things? Could it've been planted manually? If you've got a sandbox it could be interesting taking a closer look at it.

Unfortunately I've got no play software right now. I haven't downloaded anything except for Iron Graphics Pack for Dwarf Fortress, Battle Time from the Cartographers up there and a couple of parts packs that no one else has complained about from the KSP forums. I'm truly boggled.

My sister ran into a nasty bug called Security Solutions 2011 the other day, while browsing a concept art site. In addition to disabling all of the virus scanners and Zonealarm, it installed dozens of other viruses as well. I'm still trying to clean them all out.

Oh jeez, that sounds unpleasant. No, I took care of this as I saw my upload spikes, it's amazing how easier it is quarantine something than to just ****ing get rid of it.

It's not doing anything right now, I believe, but I don't trust that enough to not take some pretty serious measures. Trying out the HiJackthis, now.

You're absolutely sure it's a keylogger? Not many of those go undetected as far as I know but who knows!
Anyway, if you're "lucky" you could be connected to a botnet, which sounds more plausible if you ask me.

It was something I tested earlier, I logged into my yahoo email (like I care about that) and lo and behold, my password was changed not 10 minutes later. The upload patterns make more sense for a keylogger too.

This sure sounds odd, considering you haven't been downloading home-made applications or nifty exes.
How did your Hijack log turn out by the way? Found the target process?

Yeah, I believe I managed to dust it but I'm having Malware Bytes and all the good stuff do a full rundown of life, the universe and everything. This is either handled or it isn't at this point, and if it isn't I'll just resort to a re-format.

Thread has served it purpose, thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom