[OLD IDEAS] - for FREELANCER

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are looking into the 'extra' ranks issue at the moment, not just troop tier ranks but maybe a ranking system where there is a few 'ranks' in between each troop tier promotion?

That would be perfect. The only issue I have with the mod (And honestly its not much of an issue) is the short time it takes to progress through the ranks. It took me about 15 minutes of Harlaus running around to go from recruit to knight, which just seems far to easy.

Again, in the list of issues, its not that massive, keep up the good work :smile:

• Make the personality of the lords have some effect. Things like the more gentle and noble should act like "good bosses" from time to time (extra food, maybe a balanced/thick/etc gear item when you upgrade, etc), the martial ones could allow you gain ranks faster (more discipline), and so on. It'd add a new layer of depth when deciding which lord to support.
  • Your rank in a new army should reflect your level, previous rank or proficiency. It seems unlikely to me that a trained and experienced soldier would always start as recruit in every new army. Maybe this is already implemented.
  • I should only lose and be captured if my army has effectively lost a battle. The situation with AI attacking in sieges that I mentioned in the bugs thread. I guess it fits more as a suggestion now.

Deofuta said:
We are looking into the 'extra' ranks issue at the moment, not just troop tier ranks but maybe a ranking system where there is a few 'ranks' in between each troop tier promotion?

That would be perfect. The only issue I have with the mod (And honestly its not much of an issue) is the short time it takes to progress through the ranks. It took me about 15 minutes of Harlaus running around to go from recruit to knight, which just seems far to easy.

Again, in the list of issues, its not that massive, keep up the good work :smile:

Devs are working to make it longer to advance in ranks. I hope they make advancement difficult and long process.

And for my post to qualify for suggestion thread, it would be sort of realistic if you, as a simple soldier, could flee the battle. And I mean actually flee. You see your army being slaughtered, you run to the border of a map(if you can make it :twisted:) and then quit the battle, getting quest to return to your lord in limited amount of time(getting relation drop with the lord of course, but not being counted as a deserter)

The promotion system will be overhauled and is going to be based upon time spend serving a lord (the time span needed will be increased), general renown and the relationship with the lord you serve. Additionally to that the player needs to meet the minimum item requirements for a tier to "level up".

These are some of the thoughts we have about advancing in ranks. My suggestion was to make the base time value needed for a promotion around 30 days. Depending on your renown and relationship with the lord that will decrease - i.e. you might be able to gain a rank in 2 or 3 weeks instead. This should also depend on what rank you are.

Feel free to make suggestions on factors or timespans or anything else you can come up with :smile:

Possibly make it so gaining a medium rank (I.E regular soldier) faster, then it's slower to get ranks into the elite classes, so you don't have to be a recruit for a month.

don't know if this has been suggested yet but i would like to cheer are victory with my fellow ranker's so if you could do that it be pretty cool

Brother of blades said:
Why dont you do it so that once your rank increases enough you command all of that troop type.
And you should make it two seperate rank systems

Troop tree ranks which is gained via expereince

Command Chain ranks which is gained through how much your fellow soldiers like you and the lord likes you.

I second that.

Quest ideas.                                              recruit soldiers or mercenreies for lord.          send message to wife or lover.                    duel other lord on behalf of own lord.            lead small party to raid villages.                  if relation is very high, marry lords girl or sister or niece. Thats all. Hope u guys dont already have these in mind.

lolwarrior said:
Quest ideas.                                              recruit soldiers or mercenreies for lord.          send message to wife or lover.                    duel other lord on behalf of own lord.            lead small party to raid villages.                  if relation is very high, marry lords girl or sister or niece. Thats all. Hope u guys dont already have these in mind.
I have a few too.
Maybe kidnap/rescue someone for the lord (enemy lord, lover he wants to elope with, friendly lord in prison.

If he likes and believes in you a lot (eg has seen you cut of many throats) he might ask you to hold back the enemy with a few remaining trusted strong guys after the party got beat and he needs to bring hundreds of wounded somewhere for healing. Then you would get a few strong men into your party (command them) and you could hold the enemy lord back however you would want to. You could fight him if you have belief in you and your men or you could run around on the party map and make him chase you so that your lord can bring away the wounded.

The other option is that you do that yourself. You get some money and a bunch of wounded men and have to stay ata a tavern until they are healed.

Bring food? You get some cash and have to buy a lot of food for the quartermaster.

KnightOfVaegir said:
Save the Lord from a near death situation and be come his son ?

P.S: We should be able to access to inventory, quest, log... all that stuffs while traveling with your lord
There's a way to do that. While traveling on the campaign map click on the little inventory button on your taskbar. It will pause time without asking you if you want to desert. Then you can acess inventory, stats etc and when you're done just click on the map and press stay on duty.

I think it would be nice to have to possibility to wait a few seconds before battle.
Would come in handy when your lord is ahead of the main campaign army and joins an ongoing battle.
It kind of sucks fighting at an disadvantage then, while if the player hadn't joined the battle immediately the rest of the army would have possibly reinforced too.

I think it would be nice to be able to join bandits too.. being a taiga bandit is hard but you get reasonly good equipment

I think we should have random encounter from bandits or assassins, so you won't feel frustrating when your lord just laying inside castle and you won't get any fighting, that boring

How about some random training fights, while your lord is sitting in a castle/town?

Also, how about a feature where you can join a caravan as a caravan guard?

I find it kind of frustrating to have to start ranking all over again, when your lord loses a battle and you get captured. Would it not be more realistic to be able to join a new lord from the same faction as the same rank as previous? Now the ranking goes relatively fast, so its not a big problem, just something which annoys me.

Idea:

The possibility to select an option from mod preferences to increase time flow while "camping",thus the time would flow faster while in someones army too.

EDIT:

Oh and to increase the time it takes to rank up but keeping the rank incase you go to someone elses army.

Hey, great mod dude! Never seen anything like this around the forum, so this is pretty sick. Keep up the excellence.

Just wanted to suggest that you make it possible to earn some renown from the battles you participate while in thy lord's army, and perhaps base it on the size and number of player kills, because unless you leave the army repeatedly to do your own thing it seems like, you can only progress level-wise in the game. If the lord also gave me quests to do on my own, with certain types for when the realm is not campaigning vs. ones that are campaign oriented, at least every now and then, would really help the player progress through the game without having to resort to forming his own band on the side. Finally, I can understand that the lord gets first dibs on all loot, but perhaps a weekly salary for the player based on his rank would be neat.

Anyways that's just my first impression after a few hours of gameplay. Keep up your good work and I hope to see more of the same in the future!

I would like to see a merge with this mod. Please implement.

http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,162267.0.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom