[OLD] original mod topic

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chingarse said:
On another note there is a bug where when I would level up (working for Khergits) and get to Lancer, the next promotion would be the Aaron class (which is my character's name) and then it would take almost all of my items, (Obtained from the Lancer class, and items I had before enlisting.) What is causing this?
It's because the upgrade path is shorter than the amount of upgrades. So, it defaults to yourself, this will be fixed soon.

You no longer need to wait by pressing spacebar. Waiting is automatic but you can speed it up by pressing spacebar. Still working on some other bugfixes.

ithilienranger said:
Chingarse said:
On another note there is a bug where when I would level up (working for Khergits) and get to Lancer, the next promotion would be the Aaron class (which is my character's name) and then it would take almost all of my items, (Obtained from the Lancer class, and items I had before enlisting.) What is causing this?
It's because the upgrade path is shorter than the amount of upgrades. So, it defaults to yourself, this will be fixed soon.

You no longer need to wait by pressing spacebar. Waiting is automatic but you can speed it up by pressing spacebar. Still working on some other bugfixes.

Thanks for the quick response time. +1. Oh and this does sound pretty nice. So if it is automatic is there a way to stop the automation? Lastly will there be a way to making it go alot faster (like ctrl-space)?

Spacebar will be fast, you won't need anything faster. You can pause it by going to a menu. Are you thinking of another situation where you want to pause the game?

ithilienranger said:
Spacebar will be fast, you won't need anything faster. You can pause it by going to a menu. Are you thinking of another situation where you want to pause the game?

I was just asking in concern of inventory management or other kinds of management menus. Oh and sorry I was just wondering because, correct me if I'm wrong because I usually am, in vanilla the regular map speed was average and you could supercharge it by pressing ctrl-space. How fast will the spacebar speed be?

If I'm correct left clicking will open the menu, so you wont have to press any other keys and like ithilienranger said the speed will be fast enough :wink:

taragoth said:
If I'm correct left clicking will open the menu, so you wont have to press any other keys and like ithilienranger said the speed will be fast enough :wink:

Thanks Taragoth for clarifying.  :smile: In other news how has development been the past day or so?

Sounds Awesome, was put out by this though

*No this has nothing to do with the Microsoft scifi game Freelancer.*

:mrgreen:

I'm still tweaking the timing of the time advancement code.

Troop upgrading is fixed, now it supports variable maximum tiers and experience requirement varies based on the level of the upgrade troop.

I am also working on the code to allow the player to join any battle. You cannot simply set relations to all other factions negative because the lord's party may join an ally faction. I will have to make the code to update relations whenever the lord enters a battle.

Some new screens. will be adding menu backgrounds as well, Ithil is working on finishing another project then will, I assume finishing his part. I want to release Freelancer as a stand alone Mod at first then hopefully have it released with the next version of Floris, I have not asked the team yet , but I know Caba'drin likes the mod  :grin:

WIP
mb3c.jpg
mb2yk.jpg

Will this mod be using the merged version diplomacy mod? (Diplomacy+Pike and blade)

Grandburger said:
Will this mod be using the merged version diplomacy mod? (Diplomacy+Pike and blade)

The solo mod release will most likely, yes.

Actually i would like to try to make some models if needed at all. :smile:

I got an idea about "Tier Armor", for example there can be tiers of troop and after every battle you gain amount of money depending amount of men you kill and with that you upgrade yourself to next armor, weapon set. By the way how about adding a "Mentor" system for example, if you are low level and there is a Swadian Sergeant in your party, so you can learn his abilities by +1 randomly. (Swadian sergeant has 6 ironflesh as max skill of him, so most possibly you will be able to learn it by +1 in a range of time after you learn) Also you can setup a fight like in "Train Peasants against Bandits".

This mod is excellent for me, for you see, I am a terrible leader...

This could be a revolution for Warband if this mod comes together.

I can see a world where every mod, like Brytenwalda or Europe 1200 gives you the option to follow a lord.  Man that would rule.  Keep up the good work guys.

PS is this mod at a playable stage yet or not really?

amore555 said:
This could be a revolution for Warband if this mod comes together.

I can see a world where every mod, like Brytenwalda or Europe 1200 gives you the option to follow a lord.  Man that would rule.  Keep up the good work guys.

PS is this mod at a playable stage yet or not really?

Thanks mate, yes it is, It was ported to Warband and we are adding to that port, at the moment there is a copy of the port available to download Here!. Ithilienranger  is working on some bugs and new code as we speak, so when he's done we should have a beta release at least. Thank-you everyone for your continuing support!

* Side note 'shortcut keys' still work while serving your Lord, for notes,inventory, character screen ect. :wink:

More coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom