[BUGS] Freelancer 1.1 Bugs and Fixes. (LOCKED)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

taragoth

Please post all Freelancer bugs and any fixes here.

Game crashing when leaving Towns, Parties, Anything - Suggested fix (that works) - Download the Warband 1.143 installer and reinstall over your current copy of warband.

Items disappearing from inventories and towns. - http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,180254.msg4384693.html#msg4384693

Native issue: Armies were circling around each other for about ten to twenty minutes.

You see details are the life-blood of bug squashing...and this post is decidedly lacking in them.
Were you enlisted? On vacation? A solo solider? A Lord? A King? IS the Mod added as OSP to another mod?
What version of the mod & warband are you using  Did you get any messages or did you just get an app hang and crash to desktop?
Also the RGL_log.txt has reasons for crashes sometimes, always check that , maybe post the last few lines with your report.

Thank you for continuing to help make Freelancer a better mod. It really helps to look through the thread and the whole forum before asking a question about a bug. It's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gona find.

This must be a bug, as I doubt it was intended to work this way:

In a siege all the waves of attackers (my lord's army) were destroyed, leaving me alone in the field. Seeing that I wasn't able to achieve much as as tribesman I decided to Leave. But by doing so the default WB mechanics kicked in and, while my lord was able to run away safely, I was imprisoned and carried around as if I was sieging alone and I was the only one losing.

After running away from my captors I found myself without a lord anymore. So I had to crawl my way back to Graveth and repeat the recruitment process.

All this is with the latest version (siege fix included) and WB 1.143.

kenoxite said:
This must be a bug, as I doubt it was intended to work this way:

In a siege all the waves of attackers (my lord's army) were destroyed, leaving me alone in the field. Seeing that I wasn't able to achieve much as as tribesman I decided to Leave. But by doing so the default WB mechanics kicked in and, while my lord was able to run away safely, I was imprisoned and carried around as if I was sieging alone and I was the only one losing.

After running away from my captors I found myself without a lord anymore. So I had to crawl my way back to Graveth and repeat the recruitment process.
Currently, the capture portion is W.A.D. Your commander may or may not escape, but you will be captured as were all of your comrades...well, those that didn't die.

Needing to repeat the recruitment process is not intended to be necessary, on the other hand, despite being how the code works..

A bug i've encountred when we lost a battle, i was captured , and the party where i was prisonner had a fight against my faction and my faction won the battle, but i wasn't freed by them. :grin:

and by the way, i've seen in the rules topics that if you want to report a bug, you must create a topic with [BUG]on it, i suggest you to simple sticky this one as a bug report thread.

keep up the good work :grin:

Caba`drin said:
Currently, the capture portion is W.A.D. Your commander may or may not escape, but you will be captured as were all of your comrades...well, those that didn't die.
This particular siege was one of the early attempts by the rhodoks of capturing Uxkhal, where half a dozen lords were involved. As I said, after the battle (after I left the field) every single lord was able to run away with their remaining forces intact. But Graveth somehow forgot about me and I was imprisoned (his only imprisoned soldier, well, ex-soldier).

What puzzled me is that this mod was doing a good job treating me like a glorified version of an AI agent up to that point. But then, you "lose" a siege and you're treated again as if it was you the one directing it.

The siege process I've described above is something I've seen the AI doing repeatedly in M&B, but from the perspective of the defender. A huge enemy army of several lords siege something I must protect. After several waves and some epic fighting we manage to "deplete" their reinforcements and they retreat. But this doesn't mean they lose. The game seems to understand it as a kind of "1st assault". Also, neither the loot window nor the prisoner tab pops up after that.

Unless the city or fortress requires the construction of a siege tower, they'll join on a second assault a couple hours later, and the series of assaults will go on until reinforcements come and scare them away, they get bored or you crush their whole armies on the siege battle.

TBH I was expecting to be treated the same way the AI does in this particular scenario. But, as I mentioned, what happened was what it would have if I was the one directing the siege, as in native. Which, in my opinion, is both an atmosphere breaker and feels a tad unfair.

TL;DR: I think for the AI the only condition where they actually lose a siege as attackers is when their whole forces are depleted on the battlefield. If that's not the case (which is exactly what I described) instead of a loss the game treats it as a 1st assault, and the AI will keep assaulting until bored, scared away or crushed to the last man. The latter is the only way the AI is definitely defeated on a siege (loot and prisoner windows pop up).

Laurent said:
There's a bug. When i tried to join the tournament in Praven, i crashed.

That's the second one I've had of that happening.. have to try and recreate it. thanks for the report Laurent!

Laurent said:
There's a bug. When i tried to join the tournament in Praven, i crashed.
Details are the life-blood of bug squashing...and this post is decidedly lacking in them.
Were you enlisted? On vacation? A solo solider?

Did you get any messages or did you just get an app hang and crash to desktop?

With crashes, check out the end of your rgl_log.txt (found in the Warband install directory) as it might have useful info for us.

Also read rules of reporting bug kiddies, they can get away from us if we cant catch them quick enough :razz:

Whitestrake said:
I get a crash when I request an audience with my Commander which ic King Harleus

God damn King Fatty Harleus! he always ruins it for everyone! heh But seriously, we'll look into it for you, what crashes? the whole game..
Caba`drin said:
Details are the life-blood of bug squashing...and this post is decidedly lacking in them.
Were you enlisted? On vacation? A solo solider?

Did you get any messages or did you just get an app hang and crash to desktop?

With crashes, check out the end of your rgl_log.txt (found in the Warband install directory) as it might have useful info for us.

See above? :smile: let us know more if you can. cheers!

this may sounds extremely nooby and it pains me to ask. but how to i serve a lord? when i click new games. from what i can tell its exactly the same as normal native is this a bug for me?? I'm so confused -.-.'

Checked 8 cities and there are no arrows in the shop. Had to kill some bandits to get my arrows.

RoWnii said:
this may sounds extremely nooby and it pains me to ask. but how to i serve a lord? when i click new games. from what i can tell its exactly the same as normal native is this a bug for me?? I'm so confused -.-.'
talk to a lord.

GaGaL said:
Checked 8 cities and there are no arrows in the shop. Had to kill some bandits to get my arrows.
isn't it warband small bug? that was corrected in new patch?

Haven't played Native SP for a while now, just read about that merchant bug. So it's not because of the mod, sry for posting it.

taragoth said:
Whitestrake said:
I get a crash when I request an audience with my Commander which ic King Harleus

God damn King Fatty Harleus! he always ruins it for everyone! heh But seriously, we'll look into it for you, what crashes? the whole game..
The whole game, shows error with Warband,  bla bla bla etc.. Great game btw, already made it to Swadian Knight.

Currently serving under the Sarranid banner as an archer, but I didn't receive a bow or arrows. The same happened when I was promoted to skirmisher. :smile:

Current Version of Warband. 1.143
Current Version of Freelancer. 1.1
Player status at time of Crash. (enlisted, on vacation, A vassel, A Lord/King)
Enlistend in King Harlaus' army.
Bug. (What happens and what does it effect)
King Harlaus was running away from Vaegir armies and he took shelter in a Nord castle.
Swadia was at war with the Vaegir's AND Nords, so he took refuge in an enemy castle.
Have save No

----

Current Version of Warband. 1.143
Current Version of Freelancer. 1.1
Player status at time of Crash. (enlisted, on vacation, A vassel, A Lord/King)
Deserted from King Harlaus' army.
Bug. (What happens and what does it effect)
Noticed this when I deserted, when I encountered enemies(3 times it were bandits so don't know how it is with lords), only one of the bandits charged while the rest stayed in line formation at their spawn point. Even when I was killing them they kept standing at the same position.
Have save No

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom