Author Topic: Mount and Blade Warband doesnt work on steam?  (Read 976 times)

sausageson

• Recruit
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Neutral
Mount and Blade Warband doesnt work on steam?
« on: July 14, 2011, 04:57:32 AM »
On steam's website it says warband is a steam compatible game. I purchased the game from d2d to use credit I have on it and was going to activate on steam. However my cd key doesnt activate on steam, is there something I missed? can taleworlds exchange my key for a steam key? I really like having my games on steam, with steamsupport and have an obessive compulsive order with steam lol
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:07:22 AM by sausageson »

KoA_Braveheart

• Squire
    • View Profile
  • MP nick: KoA_Brave
  • WB
Re: Mount and Blade Warband doesnt work on steam?
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2011, 05:17:12 AM »
The D2D version of Warband will not activate in Steam because the serials they use are in different formats.  However, you still can add Warband to Steam as a Non-Steam Game.  Under the Games menu in Steam, select Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library..., then select Warband.  The in-game interface of Steam will now work with your copy of Warband.

sausageson

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2011, 05:27:26 AM »
The D2D version of Warband will not activate in Steam because the serials they use are in different formats.  However, you still can add Warband to Steam as a Non-Steam Game.  Under the Games menu in Steam, select Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library..., then select Warband.  The in-game interface of Steam will now work with your copy of Warband.

Well as shallow as it sounds I wanted the achievments and hrs played as well, as well as having the game registered in my steam collection. Do you think taleworlds would provide a steam compatible key if I begged lol?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 05:30:27 AM by sausageson »

pevergreen

• Recruit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 05:53:43 AM »
Did you buy it through steam?

Oh wait, you answered your own question.

Its not steam exclusive, so...