Is there a way to train Tier 7 troops faster? (without cheating)

Users who are viewing this thread

ladymarion

Veteran
I only want one Swadian Baron but it takes days (in real time!) to train even one of them.

So far, I have about 30 Tier 6 and 55 Tier 5 Swadian Knights. Tier 7 just does not come...

Basically, it is ridiculously difficult to train up a tier 7 unit. I just steal mine from enemy parties who have some captured as prisoners (direct hire into party) or by recruiting my own captured prisoners.

My main character uses a Bash weapon for this sole purpose. And I also run with some serious bash happy units (Vaegir and Sarranid horsemen).

Another cheap option is to steal from patrols you make sometime they will include a few but as far as training goes its kind of a lost cause.

Thank you.
I just trained one Swadian T7 Baron by myself now after three days.  :???:

The idea using a blunt weapon against high tier troops is very good. I deliberately went into battle with a sledgehammer and knocked out some T6 and T7 Rhodoks which I was able to recruit into my army. It's pretty tough to knock those out in the middle of a battle with all my troops around killing most of the enemies.

Stealing from my own patrols sounds good, too. I didn't know that I can change the soldiers from my own elite patrols. Will try to do this right now.  :grin:

--
Edit:
Just one question - how does one "steal" or exchange troops from an owned patrol? When I talk to them I only can say goodbye or talk them into fight.

You should get that Crow hammer or whatever it's called, that is the single most awesome weapon I have ever owned. I used to use my lance but now I just ride around and bonk guys on the head and have heaps of prisoners. It has around 55 blunt damage and like 115 or so reach. It's a glorious weapon.

Hmm i havent played floris in while but if i recall there was a small bug when you were a vassal for another king , if you created patrols you options were very limited but if you were king you should be able to organize their troops unless the tier 7 is leading the patrol.To test this out make a patrol out of the troops you have in your castle / town and talk to them , those should be the right options .

What I tend to do is buy an elite patrol, send them out, and then ask them to return to my fief as soon as they leave (through the guy who deals with recruits and troop movement).  So, for every 2000 I spend, I get about three tier 7 troops.  Do note that the troops do not automatically appear in the garrison when they come back to the town.  They tend to disappear for about 6 in game hours (maybe visiting family or taking a holiday?), and then they appear in the town/castle garrison for you to transfer into your party. 

Crow Hammer, found in Vaegir cities IIRC:
2011071400004e.jpg
Mace, found in Sarranid cities:
2011071400003c.jpg
I prefer the Mace.

Oh wow, I never have seen that mace before. The thing I love about the Crow Hammer is it's massive friggin damage. I was just jumped by 65 desert bandits with my 5 companions while I was fast traveling and trading. My companions are still only like level 6 and 7 when I'm 13. They killed my guys fast then came for me. My horse was almost dead and I was half health so I dismounted and was just gonna go out on foot; I must have taken out 25+ during my last stand, backing up and swinging for heads while a hoard surrounded me. I eventually was captured but it was awesome. In the end I had like 30 killed and over 20 of those knockouts.

It's just BAM, one shot and they are bloody and sliding off horses.

I'm gonna look for that mace and see if its speed and reach make it superior.

Edit: I prefer the hammer, it's slow but once you get the timing down it's usually a kill/wounded. The mace will 1 shot weakly armored enemies if you're going fast on a horse; the Crow Hammer will kill anybody or a horse with a good shot.

Personally, I use a balanced version of the small mace you get from mountain or forest bandits (I can't remember which). It hasn't got massive damage, but when your skill is 300+ like mine, it one-shot's most enemies. Its high speed and comparatively long reach does me, I'd go for speed over damage any day.

Also, as a side note, I love the balanced ornate sabre you can get from Khergit cities: best damage/speed ratio while only 70 length. Excellent for sieges, as your weapon doesn't get blocked by people standing next to/behind you. For open field battles, it's all about the balanced kingslayer; Best balance of speed, length and damage in the game (IIRC, 103 speed, 130 length and 40-50 damage)

And referring to the T7 issue, When you get to around level 30-40 with a training skill of 10, you can train most T7 troops without even fighting. Just recruit around 200-300 recruits of the faction you wants, and camp in your castle with a ****load of food. Around a week later, you start training 1-2 T7 troops a day. I have 30ish Baron Mineures, 250+ Retinue Longbowmen and about 600+ T6 Husbondi's. I prefer the husbondis because they look badman, the T7 is statistically better but they look rather batty.

Ikaguia said:
I prefer my sword: "Kingslayer"  it's bastard, 3.5 height, 13 dificulty, 100 speed, 115 reach, 50 cut and 35 pierce.

Did you create that sword? I love that, it's my favorite.  :grin:

-AoG- X3N0PH083 said:
And referring to the T7 issue, When you get to around level 30-40 with a training skill of 10, you can train most T7 troops without even fighting. Just recruit around 200-300 recruits of the faction you wants, and camp in your castle with a ****load of food. Around a week later, you start training 1-2 T7 troops a day. I have 30ish Baron Mineures, 250+ Retinue Longbowmen and about 600+ T6 Husbondi's. I prefer the husbondis because they look badman, the T7 is statistically better but they look rather batty.

Yes and hire some companions, and upgrade their "trainer" to 10 too

Ogrecorps said:
2011071400004e.jpg
2011071400003c.jpg
I prefer the Mace.

I have tried both now, and I couldn't agree with you more.  The Mace is far superior to the Crow Hammer in 9/10 combat situations.  Mostly due to speed, and strike area of the weapon.  It is much easier to land with the mace - the Crow swings so slowly that your intended target moves out of the way, turns, or is already killed by the time you get it on them.  The small strike area at the end of the Crow is also very hard to land, and is prone to "overswinging" and missing your target altogether.

I use three two-handed weapons now: the 2H Mace, a 2H Dark Sword(?), and a 2H Morningstar for when I really want to put the pain on an armored target.  I've given up on lances completely, as I think their utility is highly limited to specific types of engagements, whereas the selection of 2H'ers is not.

Back on topic:  If you pick up the NPC added by this mod pack, named "Floris", he has level 6 Trainer by default, which can really help your troops out on their way to tier 7.  Combined with his level, you almost don't need other NPCs doing Trainer until later in the game.

Edit:  I forgot I switched my 2H blade to a "Tempered Four Handed Arming".  Reach of 140, and similar stats to the Dark Sword I used to use.  Speed is still in the 90's, so a more than capable blade for use in crowds, or from on horseback.

I use the "Horseman's Mace" which has great stats. It's also a one-handed blunt weapon and really kicks ass.  :grin:
When I fight armies with T6/T7 troops in I always try scout the enemy lines first to see where the candidates are which are gonna be knocked down by me.

ladymarion said:
Ikaguia said:
I prefer my sword: "Kingslayer"  it's bastard, 3.5 height, 13 dificulty, 100 speed, 115 reach, 50 cut and 35 pierce.

Did you create that sword? I love that, it's my favorite.  :grin:

no I didn't, but i've only found it once in the markets oO, then I used cheat mode to get one for each of my companions xD

Tenser said:
Ogrecorps said:
2011071400004e.jpg
2011071400003c.jpg
I prefer the Mace.

I have tried both now, and I couldn't agree with you more.  The Mace is far superior to the Crow Hammer in 9/10 combat situations.  Mostly due to speed, and strike area of the weapon.  It is much easier to land with the mace - the Crow swings so slowly that your intended target moves out of the way, turns, or is already killed by the time you get it on them.  The small strike area at the end of the Crow is also very hard to land, and is prone to "overswinging" and missing your target altogether.

I use three two-handed weapons now: the 2H Mace, a 2H Dark Sword(?), and a 2H Morningstar for when I really want to put the pain on an armored target.  I've given up on lances completely, as I think their utility is highly limited to specific types of engagements, whereas the selection of 2H'ers is not.

Back on topic:  If you pick up the NPC added by this mod pack, named "Floris", he has level 6 Trainer by default, which can really help your troops out on their way to tier 7.  Combined with his level, you almost don't need other NPCs doing Trainer until later in the game.

Edit:  I forgot I switched my 2H blade to a "Tempered Four Handed Arming".  Reach of 140, and similar stats to the Dark Sword I used to use.  Speed is still in the 90's, so a more than capable blade for use in crowds, or from on horseback.

I don't have any problem landing with the crow hammer, maybe because I've been using it for so long. I haven't found any weapon that feels as good to me. I will say that I'm also considering giving up my dark lance because even though it's a sure kill, it just is too situational.

Watch this search on youtube How to train troops faster in M&B Viking Conquest
i tried and it is working i am so happy for this :smile: NOW TİME TO SHIELD WALL !!!! :smile:

Back
Top Bottom