Another "i need a new laptop" thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Ebin

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So I'm doing some browsing to find a fairly decent laptop. My limit is preferably $700 but I can do up to $900 (18€-20€). Looking for something which isn't an Intel graphics set, I'm done with those after about 4yrs of them. Been looking at some Lenovos with the nvidia chipsets though they are a bit pricey. Anybody have any suggestions?

Samsung rF600, not sure how much it would be over there, picked up the 6gb version for £400, 1gb dedicated Nvidia Cuda

I5 at 2.67

I'm currently very happy with my new HP dv6t Quad. I'm not sure what their current graphics card options are (they've released new features since I purchased mine), so it might be a good bet. Also, check out Logic Reviews for some nice coupons.

Not really. Mine has survived having tea poured on it, being dropped from 4ft up and landing on its screen, having the incorrect application of heat paste allied, being knocked over again with a stack of books landing on it shattering the bottom. Now it runs with no keyboard, no mouse pad, a dead pixel, an external drive, and the occasional corrupt file causing the OS to be reinstalled. My last tower died when someone turned the breaker off.

Evilknightz said:
People use laptops for gaming still?  :sad:
They are so damn delicate and frail.

My last laptop lasted five years and is still running great, despite the fact that it was a rather low end machine when it was brand new. It just can't keep up with what I need it to. My new one is far more at the top, so I expect it to last even longer.

Burgass said:
Samsung rF600, not sure how much it would be over there, picked up the 6gb version for £400, 1gb dedicated Nvidia Cuda

I5 at 2.67

According to the interwebs, I can only find a F600 Samsung mobile phone and the charger the the rF600. Would sound like a good price though.

Magorian Aximand said:
I'm currently very happy with my new HP dv6t Quad. I'm not sure what their current graphics card options are (they've released new features since I purchased mine), so it might be a good bet. Also, check out Logic Reviews for some nice coupons.

Logic Reviews? Can I haz coupons? I also can't find it on a Google search. Mind posting a link?

I found the website before you just posted it. Wow that is an amazing website.

RF510
Forgot, I got money off as I was in the army, the actual price for the one I got is around 600, however there are versions with 4gb of ram and other slightly less POWER!!! for around 400.

Big Boss said:
Build your own costum rig, thats what I'm doing, be sure to future proof yourself though.

There's a place where people will put together a laptop for you like towers? To my limited knowledge, laptops components are mostly integrated to each other, the graphics card is sometimes integrated with the mother board for example. If there is such a place, wouldn't buying a laptop where such engineering is required cost a load of money?

Since this is still here, is a laptop with a 2.53GHz processor and 4GB RAM good? It's also under £500. Not really bothered about graphics card, I just want to be able to run games with the lowest graph settings.

What pixel shader is the Graphics card?

Usually that comes into play, or so I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom