Food morale bonus

Users who are viewing this thread

Lamias

Sergeant at Arms
I'd like to change how much morale each food gives to my party.

I used the search button and i found many similar threads, but they all had to do with python scripts. Is there any way to adjust the morale bonus of food by editing the txt files?

Thanks!

You can edit everything that you can edit with python through text. But it is EXTREMELY difficult, and I don't know where to start on most of it....

For the food morale bonus, I'm not certain. SPD_Phoenix is the master of TXT tweaks around here. :smile:

TweakMB can help you with that. I believe anyway.

You can just edit the stuff you want (like letting a battle give 10000x its normal morale) without problems. :smile:

The mod i wanna edit is Brytenwalda, don't know if you are familiar with it. TweakMB doesn't let me change the morale tweaks... That's why i am looking for some way to edit either base morale or food morale bonus. The morale is awful in BW.

Familiar with it? I play the mod every day! :grin:
I know what you mean though, and it does suck. But that's why you need to get into big battles, buy lots of varied foods, and keep a lower amount of troops.

If I figure out how to do it, I'll tell you. I've been experimenting with BW myself about morale. :lol:

Familiar with it? I play the mod every day! :grin:

Happy to hear that!
Anyway, at least in the beginning the morale is horrible, and you don't have that much money to buy lots of food or get to big battles.

If anything could be done about the food bonus i would be grateful.

If I figure out how to do it, I'll tell you. I've been experimenting with BW myself about morale.

Thank you.

I don't know how much the mod change food items (are there any new item?) or even replace the entire Native script. Here is what you can try:
- Back up your scripts.txt.
- Look up "initialize_item_info -1" without the quotes.
- Native script will begin with 18 food items (including non consumable wine, ale and raw date fruits) in this order: bread, grain, smoked fish, dried meat, cheese, sausages, butter, chicken, beef/cattle meat, pork, raw olives, cabbages, grapes, raw date fruit, honey, wine, ale.
- Each item will have a block of similar numbers "507 3 288230376151711865 1 8". They are:
507 this is the operation (item_set_slot).
3 the number of variables used.
288230376151711865 this is the item id, but don't attempt to translate that unless you can manually count the items in item_kinds1.txt.
1 this is the slot id (slot_item_food_bonus) which is assigned to be number "1". If you do not have the number "1" following the item id, then it is not the block you want to change.
8 the last number is the bonus amount.

Good luck.

SPD_Phoenix said:
I don't know how much the mod change food items (are there any new item?) or even replace the entire Native script. Here is what you can try:
- Native script will begin with 18 food items (including non consumable wine, ale and raw date fruits) in this order: bread, grain, smoked fish, dried meat, cheese, sausages, butter, chicken, beef/cattle meat, pork, raw olives, cabbages, grapes, raw date fruit, honey, wine, ale.
- Each item will have a block of similar numbers "507 3 288230376151711865 1 8". They are:
288230376151711865 this is the item id, but don't attempt to translate that unless you can manually count the items in item_kinds1.txt.
1 this is the slot id (slot_item_food_bonus) which is assigned to be number "1". If you do not have the number "1" following the item id, then it is not the block you want to change.

Good luck.

Your directions are very easy to follow. I did it, it's exactly what i wanted. If anyone else wants to do it, just know it's not save compatible. The new bonuses appeared after starting a new game.

Thank you..!!

If you want it to be savegame compatible, put it in one of the empty simple_triggers. There's a bunch at the bottom with 24 hour intervals, so just paste your changes there (along with the total number of lines). Load your savegame, wait until it changes, and then empty the trigger again.

SPD_Phoenix said:

Good luck.

Hello,
This solution is for Warband.
Can anyone know solution like this for 1.011 version?
(I can't use the "module system", and the only way is editing txt files.)

Well editing text files is really unreliable as the module system is the way to go but as you said problems so maybe someone can help you there so what stopped you from doing that.

xPearse said:
Well editing text files is really unreliable as the module system is the way to go but as you said problems so maybe someone can help you there so what stopped you from doing that.

I know that "module system" is a great way :smile: but... I'm working on existing (not mine) mod, and use module system is inposible.

Well you could ask for the module system but im guessing you want to edit the texts. I don't really know about the food items for warband but it should work the same for mount & blade.

Sorry for the threat necromancy.

I did this recently and after two days of gametime the food morale bonuses reset to standard.  :cry:

I'm confused, can anyone help?

Back
Top Bottom