Greek and turkish relations.

Users who are viewing this thread

Fourakis is a crackpot for heaven's sake.
I've read every single book he wrote. He gradually slided from anti-semitism to ancient superweapons.

Don't get me wrong- i am as patriotic as they come, but Fourakis, Liakopoulos and all that clique are not to be taken seriously.

Palaiologos said:
Fourakis is a crackpot for heaven's sake.
I've read every single book he wrote. He gradually slided from anti-semitism to ancient superweapons.

Don't get me wrong- i am as patriotic as they come, but Fourakis, Liakopoulos and all that clique are not to be taken seriously.
Lol Bardikos too.

This is how Turks perceive Europe as..  They see the Greeks as "step brothers" and call them Ionian (Yunan)

HowTurksperceivetheworld.jpg

Actually no. On an individual basis sure, but not on a mass scale. Poltical control of territory almost never implies inbreeding.  For "ethnic groups" to mix there has to be a movement of peoples that permantly settle among the locals. In Greece Turkish settlers did arrive, not on a mass scale though, and they didn't settle among the locals. The communities remained seperated even as late as the early 20th century. Religious differences being the most important factor. One can not say the same for the Slavs, that mass migrated during the 7th century reaching the Peloponeese. They settled among the locals and got tottaly assimilated in 1-2 centuries. Same with the orthodox Albanians, the Arvanites, that settled in Attica in the 16th century. They got assimilated pretty fast.
Again the same with the orthodox Vlachs, a branch of the Rommanians.

But with the Muslim Turks, no.  We did pick up many habits from the prevailent Ottoman culture, though and vice versa.

In your thinking then Brittain and France were half-Roman when the Germans migrated.

That's why greeks look so much like Turks nowadays, it's because in hundreds of years of constant settling they never interbred at all.

Palaiologos said:
In your thinking then Brittain and France were half-Roman when the Germans migrated.

But they were. Not Britain because the romans abandoned the island.

We look the same as the Arabs and Jews, what does that mean?
You fail to see the point. The Muslims were considered a superior class in the Ottoman Empire. Oh, interbreeding did take place, but the wifes(for obvious reasons Christian males never married Muslim females), were taken in as Muslims.

And believe me, its not nationalism talking here. There was never an ethnic mix with the Turks.

Dudes, the Turks are CENTRAL ASIAN. The Turks you see today are mostly Turkified Greeks, Arabs, Cappadocians etc etc.

Central Asian characteristics are still evident in many Turks.

About France and Britain. No they were not. The Romans abandoned the island in 410 AD. Thats about hen the Germans came. How many generations of Britons managed to grow up in the 10 year interlude?

Hm, yes, France was largely romanized, that's why French is mostly a romance language with insignificant amount (it's on the hundredss) of celtic words. Britain was never largely colonized and populated like Hispania and Gaul were.

Colonized yes, but colonized to the point that they changed the ethnic group characteristics? It would entail carrrying half of Italy to Gaul. IIRC it was mostly civil servants and administrators. Gradually France did become heavily Romanized, culturally though, not racially. Hence their language. Latin was the norm when the Germanic migration came.

ah the Germanic migration. Excellent example. Despite the fact that large populations of Germanic foreigners settled in France in the 4th-5th century, modern Frenchmen do look different from modern Germans.

I am telling you folks its not that easy to racially change an ethnic group. I am not saying foreign elements have not been mixed in every nation, i am saying that they were assimilated after a couple of generations. It requirres movements of whole populations into an area, displacing the locals, for a racial change to take place. And in the case of Christian populations in the Ottoman Empire, well since a population exchange took place in 1923 entailing more than 2.000.000 people, little if any inbreeding had taken place. The two communities were living apart.

Palaiologos said:
Dudes, the Turks are CENTRAL ASIAN.

So are your ancestors. Only after your ancestors came to Greece from Central Asia, then you jumped age. The same can be said about Sumerians. Only after their ancestors came from Central Asia, then they jumped age.

It's just that I see your ancestors also as my ancestors.

Here comes from young Ancalimon for all Greeks:  :eek:  The Heartbroken Captain Ancalimon

ancalimonx.jpg

ancalimon said:
Palaiologos said:

So are your ancestors. Only after your ancestors came to Greece from Central Asia, then you jumped age. The same can be said about Sumerians. Only after their ancestors came from Central Asia, then they jumped age.

Here comes from young Ancalimon for all Greeks:  :eek:  The Heartbroken Captain Ancalimon

ancalimonx.jpg

learn some history! ancient egyptians (before the ixsos) babylonians assyrians cretans(and other greeks) the persians the medians and some more WHERE NOT FROM ASIA! they where natives!

and we are not brothers to any turk! look at oyr diffrences! turks are semetic tribe!
and we are not brothers! remember ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ!

Οπλίτης Νικίας said:
ancalimon said:
Palaiologos said:

ancalimonx.jpg

learn some history! ancient egyptians (before the ixsos) babylonians assyrians cretans(and other greeks) the persians the medians and some more WHERE NOT FROM ASIA! they where natives!

and we are not brothers to any turk! look at oyr diffrences! turks are semetic tribe!
and we are not brothers! remember ΠΑΣ ΜΗ ΕΛΛΗΝ ΒΑΡΒΑΡΟΣ!
Wrong, the ancestral-human race migrated from Africa, split, and mainly went through Arabia to the indo-china region before doubling back through Antolia.
Linguistics, Genetics and Achaeology proves this.

ok ok whatever you say.

its very logical from nations with not important history and achievements to claim part of an other countrys achievements with saying [turks and greeks are bros etc] in the same hand we can say that we are all one since we all come from one bang

The differences in peoples only came about through prolonged isolation and adaption to the terrain, climate and diet.
But by no means does that render each peoples history obsolete.

Jesus, you do act like the Turkish nationalists on here.

Back
Top Bottom