Greek and turkish relations.

Users who are viewing this thread

ancalimon said:
Actually Ancient Greeks learned what philosophy is after barbarians (and their philosophical leaders who were shamans) thought them about it. The head of the Alxeandria Theogists wrote about it.

They were not great philosophers themselves burning the most important library ever in the history of Earth on their campaign to rewrite history ,world hegemony.

Drama is of course another barbarian invention thought to both East and West by these barbarians.

and who were these "barbarians"? which tribe of people called themselves the "barbarians"? which of the 200+ tribes north/east of ancient greece refered to themselves as the "barbarians"?

yousa a crazy **** face! take your crazy to your crazy thread where its contained by comman sense and not nationalistic prancing like we see in this thread.

and just for fun, turkey and greece you both suck

Ule said:
ancalimon said:
Actually Ancient Greeks learned what philosophy is after barbarians (and their philosophical leaders who were shamans) thought them about it. The head of the Alxeandria Theogists wrote about it.

They were not great philosophers themselves burning the most important library ever in the history of Earth on their campaign to rewrite history ,world hegemony.

Drama is of course another barbarian invention thought to both East and West by these barbarians.

and who were these "barbarians"? which tribe of people called themselves the "barbarians"? which of the 200+ tribes north/east of ancient greece refered to themselves as the "barbarians"?

yousa a crazy **** face! take your crazy to your crazy thread where its contained by comman sense and not nationalistic prancing like we see in this thread.

and just for fun, turkey and greece you both suck

The only barbarians I'm talking about are those who are either "out of place", or those who "used a language that is undecipherable, extinct or something like that".  And:
1 -) No one called themselves barbarians.
2 -) Barbarians were refered to as speaking "the" barbaric language. Not speaking "a" barbaric language.
3 -) There were two kinds of people in the past.  Barbarians & savages.  Most sedentary people were savages whereas most people who were on the move were called barbarians.

ancalimon said:
Actually Ancient Greeks learned what philosophy is after barbarians (and their philosophical leaders who were shamans) thought them about it.
Who taught the barbarians?

Clearly some thing are just spontaneous results of human psychology and biology, and don't have to be brought in from outside. Language for example.

Papa Lazarou said:
ancalimon said:
Actually Ancient Greeks learned what philosophy is after barbarians (and their philosophical leaders who were shamans) thought them about it.
Who taught the barbarians?

Clearly some thing are just spontaneous results of human psychology and biology, and don't have to be brought in from outside. Language for example.

We don't know that because there aren't any records about those things. Most of the secrets of the world were destroyed when Greeks burned the cultural and scientific center of the world. (not today's Greeks of course..)

My question is: who taught the teachers?

Sooner or later someone had to make it up themselves. If you look at what philosophy and theatre are (people reasoning about questions and people pretending to be other people for fun), I don't think it's that much of a stretch to say humans just made that stuff up on their own.

I mean if you think philosophy had to be taught to humans, you basically have to say that humans are not naturally able to ask questions or apply logic. Given that non-human animals can seek new knowledge, use basic maths and understand chains of events, I really don't think humans needed help to create philosophy.

Διγενής Ακρίτας said:
Wellenbrecher said:
Διγενής Ακρίτας said:
yes we are great warrios from ancient times till today we had 300000 rifiles to fight italians and germans and we did and we also defeated italy and germany won beacause of the treason of bulgarians against an already (and from the start) greek front without supplies and manpower and modern weapons(of the time) while other countries with huge armies and lots of allied troops inside them like France  or the netherlands felt without much resistance .

and how can you say that cyprus is an old story? its only 40 years ago...and stop insulting countries that you know nothing about them.None cares about yours,dont speak about mine or Turkey without at least thinking what you are going to say
No you did not. Period.

You weren't even born then. Or even planned.
Stop hiding behind what someone else did decades, centuries or even thousands of years ago and face the boring reality of your own ******** existence and achievements like the sane rest of us does.

And yes, just for this stupid ****e you, you the person, absolutely deserve to be called a *****. A bloody moron even. Just **** off to whatever ****hole you came from.

Just how much this ******** "we did this and we won this" **** pisses me off I can't even put into words... :roll:

apologize please

Oh wow, you're a moron. :lol:

no i wont fell bad cause someone gets mad at me on the internet,im just annoyed because i didnt talked to him and im not his friend to talk to me like that.He can say those things to his family not me

He can say those things to you too. To you especially because you're exactly the kind of small-minded self-centered banal little twerp it concerns.

Also,
49pbn.png

Διγενής Ακρίτας said:
no i wont fell bad cause someone gets mad at me on the internet,im just annoyed because i didnt talked to him and im not his friend to talk to me like that.He can say those things to his family not me

From your appearance, you have done nothing but provide the place with retarded nationalistic bull**** and deluded idiocy.
Honestly, you're far more an offensive presence than Wellen ever was. Not that that says much, the German ****er is awesome.
Not to mention that, depending on the interpretation of your post, you might as well have offended him, if you go by the retarded logic of identifying ones self with the actions of ones long dead ancestors.
Quite frankly, I see no reason for him to apologise to the likes of you.

I think world is beautiful with those nationalists. I mean, how could we make that fun without them?

Aah threads like this, make me happy.

LoL, Germans only won because of the treason of the Bulgars....yeah, ok.  Keep in mind this guy is a fool, I know many Greek Americans and Greek Greeks that admit Germany just *****slapped them...it happened to many countries, don't let that Greek peenor get hurt by it.  :lol:

Not that it isn't utterly irrelevant how many of them admit to it or not. :razz:
The truth is for the historians to decide. A rather frightening prospect seeing as they allow someone such as myself becoming one, but that's how it goes.

Also the post of that lovely ad hominem post of mine wasn't historical accuracy of his claims. It was that infuriating hiding behind what other people did thousands, hundreds or tens of years ago and then claiming that for oneself in a completely different context. That's so... uninspired, sad and blind.

Well, being a historian isn't really like being a doctor for example.  Sure there might be a degree for each, but the tests and apprenticeships are not the same in standard and whereas someone can be an amateur historian no one can (or should) be an amateur doctor.

(I have a history degree btw :wink:)

Like I said, it's a frightening prospect that the likes of us basically decide what the past is with no one able to stop us. :razz:
Of course recent history is more immune to that to some degree, whats with videos, pictures and most recently the internet.
But medieval times and antiquity are helpless.

Διγενής Ακρίτας said:
ancalimon said:
Finzi said:
theAthenian said:
I mean yeah the ancient Greeks were way ahead of other civilisations in the mediterrnean but that doesn't mean that even the small ones or every other one aren't of equal importance.

Ancient Greeks more important by default? They invented a whole bunch of things and still influence our society today - having invented philosophy, drama etc. How can you compare a small and inconsequential civilization, let's say the Pannonians, to the Ancient Greeks?

dude are you mentally retarded?

oH LORD THIS MADE ME LAUGH SO HARD.

Back
Top Bottom