"CHEAT! Show reports" suddenly appeared!

Users who are viewing this thread

So after some time I started playing Warband again. It's been a few months. I played most of this week, doing well. Last night, I saved after doing a run all over the map buying up items here and there during a short period of peace. Those damned Nords declare war every chance they get!

Anyway, this afternoon I load up my last save and in town I have an option for "CHEAT! Show reports" listed below the "Leave..." option.

This was never there before, and I don't have the cheats enabled option checked in the config. I think I did accidentally check it and then uncheck it while I was monkeying with the settings yesterday. I was having some problems with it hanging pretty hard in large battles. Switching to directX 7 seems to have fixed that. But if I'm correct, if I check that box, don't I have to also pick some sort of cheat option during character creation? It wasn't there all day yesterday, and I tend to do a lot of saving and reloading...like any time a stupid bandit army attacks me while I'm fast traveling. It can be rather annoying to constantly fight them, but its here today.

Any help would be appreciated!

Lord Brutus said:
Do you use Steam?  If so, Steam updated an incorrect patch today that may be your problem.
What do you mean incorrect?  Any more insights?

I was playing just now and my game crashed, then it shows I got upped to 1.142.
It would be a shame if they screwed something up.

I just started playing Warband single player again, and aimed to get a load of the single player steam achievements this round. I really hope that this sudden "cheats!" thing messes with the integrity of my save-game file. I think I may have saved after it happened...

Caba`drin said:
Insights? No, not yet, only this mess of a thread: new steam patch?.
It would appear the patch has a number of glaring bugs, making folk question whether it was intended to be released. It has not yet appeared on the Taleworlds servers and there's been no news from the devs.

Thanks for pointing me over there. Didn't notice it update Warband, but I am at 1.142. I saw it say Fire & Sword updated, but that was it. Weird. I posted more info in that link you provided, might as well keep it all in one thread!

KoA_Frantic_Fighter said:
This happend to me too, I thought I was the only one that this happend to  :sad:  but thank you for the information :wink:

Glad to know I'm not the only one!

Darloc said:
I just started playing Warband single player again, and aimed to get a load of the single player steam achievements this round. I really hope that this sudden "cheats!" thing messes with the integrity of my save-game file. I think I may have saved after it happened...

My feeling exactly! That's why I came and registered on the forums...to find out what was up and make sure I didn't just tank my ability to get them.

Jordan_The_Noble said:
i had this.. destroyed my campaign :sad:

Long story short, it seems that the update was messed up and corrected. It only fixed on my Warband when I deleted the local files via the steam interface. This only deletes the game files, not your saves. After it reinstalled, the game was again working properly.

Don't use Steam with this game, just get the product key from them (if you bought it through them) and download and install the game through the taleworlds site. It saves you hassles with mods and the stupid auto-updating even if yiou have it turnedoff.

Why does the text box go on endlessly to the right, you can't see what you're typing.

callahan9119 said:
Why does the text box go on endlessly to the right, you can't see what you're typing.
Next time you make a post (or just click modify on one of your other posts) hold down SHIFT and click "Refresh". It will fix this...your browser needs to refresh its cache after a forum update a few days ago.

Back
Top Bottom