Whale_Tosser
84e_Brocoli
Wolfrenz
GK_Spartan
Gavin_McDougal
Jack_Thompson
GoodSmurfin
Orion

Admins use to be part of game but it is almost impossible in corrent version. If we take all the best players to admin job who will be playing? I am worried that the best people would go for admin and then under fire (like Emma_Tiger at the moment..lock this thread and remove it) they will quit game in generall annoyed with people (understandably so)

I am not sure if experience help with admining. I would never do it. Please focus on task how to make rules simple enough that 24/7 admin job will not be required anymore. It would be enough to know somebody you can contact (through steam for example) in case of drastic randoming or so. Stop trying to control everything what players do because in this way you kill players initiative, which is the best thing in this game. If we would like to play with perfectly organise RP we could play native single player. The best about MP is that people are different and random. Do not tell them which way of play is right, which wrong. Tell them which way of play make good play possible and which destroy it...in general.

I like RP in the way that whatever I do while play I never do that without reason and always try to explaint it to other players. I do not like RP in the way that Game Master will tell me exactly what I do next. I have done it with Warhammer and D&D about 15 years ago.

I loved your rules you made for RCC (btw translated in few languages). They were simple and good enough. Anything above that is just digging hole for players and admins which cause endless argumants and flamewars.

I promisse not to make any more new threads for..week... :roll: but I will make the most of this one.

Do I think Azrayel is/will be good admin..YES YES YES

Do I want Azrayel to be admin NO NO NO

You may look again at my RPM idea. Give good players (not me :twisted:) special conditions and let them organise the game in persistant event way. DO not take the best players off the game by making them admins. So many of them dissapear on NA. I use to play with them. Now they wasting their time arguing about rules and so on. DAMN!

This was not a list of my favorite players..it was the list of truly dedicated players. Suprice suprice..there are still here/there/around

Well, if you haven't noticed, I haven't really played PW since RCC server went up. It's mostly been half play half stare at everything that goes into the chat.

My advice on this topic is:

If you want to play the mod, DO NOT get involved in admining, arguments, or servers. It will destroy not only your desire to play, but your ability to play.

Splintert said:
Well, if you haven't noticed, I haven't really played PW since RCC server went up. It's mostly been half play half stare at everything that goes into the chat.

If you want to play the mod, DO NOT get involved in admining, arguments, or servers. It will destroy not only your desire to play, but your ability to play.

Plus..do not make maps :roll:

MY POINT:

By trying MAKE players role play you kill players will to do so. Let them free and just prevent them from killing each other..to much..like children. Just let them go.

Splintert said:

MY RULES:

1.EVERY PLAYER HAVE RIGHT TO DEFFEND HIM SELF, HIS WAY OF PLAY AND HIS POSSESIONS
2.EVERY PLAYER HAVE RIGHT TO DECIDE WHEN HE IS IN DANGER
3.EVERY PLAYER HAVE RIGHT TO DEVELOP HIS OWN WAY OF PLAY WITHOUT ANY LIMITS

RANDOMING= IS NOT WAY OF PLAY, IS POINTLESS ATTACKING OTHERS FOR SAKE OF KILLING -> go native and try me (when on horse  :wink:)

Splintert said:
But with rules like that, how do you determine the VERY fine line between randoming and defending oneself?
It is called trust :wink:

SUGESTION:

step1.
Take all admins. Give them password to passworded server. They will make it fully populated server without need for admins.
step2.
Make other server with no admins working but visiting. If somebody there is ok give him password to "admin" server.

Even taking the massive numbers of admins on all these servers, it would lead to an average population of around 5. Admins simply aren't on all day because 1) they don't want to and 2) the human race must sleep.

"admin" server could work only on weekends and OBVIOUSLY it would be more than just working admins...

As it is now ADMINS HAVE TO "PLAY" ON WEEKENDS ANYWAY

It would probably require Splintert,Aldric and Windmill (plus the rest of NA) to come togather and create one PW server. We all want it, we all need it..."Your ambition kill you babe"

And I'm telling you it won't happen. It's like abandoning the PW community; it is wrong. Admins are there to help new players as well as solve disputes. NOV, your opinon of admins seems to be that they are enforcers. I'm telling you now that it is false. Admins are there to help people.

Actually, for now i need roleplayer to be admin to teatch people how to RP, and to create event.

I need creative mind, in my admining team to help me to make the rules set to evolve.
For now we are a quite restrictive RP server, still, if i see that people improve in the good way, we will slowly pace up our rules to let the people free to make their own stuff.

And yes, best player become admin, but they shall also become stone of the Rp event and evolving of the community

BTW : Novicius, i took a bit your idea of Rper for my "gamemaster" people with more right to set up event.

The point is: If you want to remove a player give him admin rights.

It sad though. Last evening Azrayel had to deal with a siege and a bunch of trigger-happy Peasants who numerically overhelmed the other factions.

Azrayel..The same QUEEN who is more than capeable to deal with such a problem as player and turn this over to the good RP exercise. This is exactly what I am saying.

If that would be my server I would just say: Azrayel do what you have to do (your account is unlimited). After two hours I would have perfectly roleplaying server :lol: Next day all randomers would cry that they have been random by TW/Lions forces who try to put them in jail (in very RP fasion)

Back
Top Bottom