The Complete Idiot's Guide to Installing the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257

Users who are viewing this thread

I have noticed that even though it is clearly stated in various threads on this forum, both stickied and regular, some people still have a problem understanding how to install the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257. Personally I have no problem understanding DrTomas guide in the Subversion thread, however, I also understand that a number of people are simply to lazy to read or search the forums for answers. More than one line of text and they will rather start a new thread asking what to do, than simply just read the text. This I find somewhat irritating, but still, I don't think they should be punished for their laziness by being unable to play the awesome mod that Anno Domini 1257 is.

Therefore I present:

idiotcover.jpg

page1-1.jpg

page2.jpg

page3.jpg

This is all taken from DrTomas first  post in this thread.
Many thanks is due to all the people who continue to make this the best medieval mod for Warband.

Regards,
ziegler88

Hey! Some of us fans suffer from technophobia - it's only extreme gaming obsession that lets us even APPROACH a keyboard at all! Seriously tho, where were you 4 days ago, you could have saved me minutes of frustration and soul searching.

I swear, if it wasn't for someones useful suggestion on the forum  of "carefully reading and following the step-by-step instructions", I never would have gotten there.

ziegler88 said:
I have noticed that even though it is clearly stated in various threads on this forum, both stickied and regular, some people still have a problem understanding how to install the SVN version of Anno Domini 1257. Personally I have no problem understanding DrTomas guide in the Subversion thread, however, I also understand that a number of people are simply to lazy to read or search the forums for answers. More than one line of text and they will rather start a new thread asking what to do, than simply just read the text. This I find somewhat irritating, but still, I don't think they should be punished for their laziness by being unable to play the awesome mod that Anno Domini 1257 is.

Regards,
ziegler88

1257 is no doubt the best mod for Warband..or at least it was before "pre10 95" but to call people names or LAZY because they don't want to install a TON of 3rd party programs to make this work is a little extreme.. some of us have a life outside of a computer, and therefore do not have the time to install 100 billions different 3rd party programs to got ONE mod for a game to work, when all the other mods are simple to get going.

Having to read hours of info to get one mod in a 1000 to work seems like a waste of time.  not being lazy.
A lot of people have trouble with some of those editing or 3rd party programs, you may not, but other do sometimes.

it is nice of the guy or people who made the mod to allow others help in building up this mod.
No doubt this mod when finished will be the top favored mod of all... but will it ever be finished?

take care

install a TON of 3rd party programs to make this work is a little extreme

Yes, a ton would be extreme but a simple small one isn't. It's your choice to wait until there is the single download available or to install it the way it is already available.
I think all questions about the instructions have been answered in a polite way. If you were to answere the same questions over and over again would you be able to stay calm all the time? Especially if you notice that some people are just lazy and open post after post instead of checking the sticky threads. Why are they made stickied? I think it's to provide an easy access to all the important information one might need to know if he wants to play the game.

But seemingly most posters do not care or don't know or are just to lazy. Those who read don't post silly questions (usually).

Good post. I always kinda ignored the svn version because it seemed complicate and time consuming. I'll give it a go now.

Regards,

A lazy idiot.

scottyd2506 said:
  1257 is no doubt the best mod for Warband..or at least it was before "pre10 95" but to call people names or LAZY because they don't want to install a TON of 3rd party programs to make this work is a little extreme.. some of us have a life outside of a computer, and therefore do not have the time to install 100 billions different 3rd party programs to got ONE mod for a game to work, when all the other mods are simple to get going.

Having to read hours of info to get one mod in a 1000 to work seems like a waste of time.  not being lazy.
A lot of people have trouble with some of those editing or 3rd party programs, you may not, but other do sometimes.

it is nice of the guy or people who made the mod to allow others help in building up this mod.
No doubt this mod when finished will be the top favored mod of all... but will it ever be finished?

take care

Well, first of all, I meant no harm or offense to anyone by writing the guide. If anyone was offended, that's regrettable.

That being said, both "lazy" and "idiot" is used in my guide as a hyperbole. It is not meant to be taken literally. It is in fact an exaggeration. Now I find it quite obvious that the guide is written tongue-in-cheek, but that's just me. I figured that by using the exact format (and logo) of The Complete Idiot's Guides series, this would shine through. If someone still is in doubt, believing that I maliciously want to label the entire TaleWorlds community as a bunch of lazy idiots, I can assure you that is not the case.

Just as a last note, one has to be the busiest person in the world not have the four minutes to spare that it takes to read the instructional text of this mod, and download the one 3rd party program that is needed to run the mod.

But I guess that when you say things as "a TON of 3rd party programs to make this work", "do not have the time to install 100 billions different 3rd party programs" and "having to read hours of info to get one mod in a 1000 to work", you are just exaggerating. Kind of like I am when using words as "lazy" and "idiot"  :wink:

scottyd2506 said:
some of us have a life outside of a computer, and therefore do not have the time to install 100 billions different 3rd party programs to got ONE mod for a game to work, when all the other mods are simple to get going.

Are you implying that we, who make the mod, do not have lifes outside of a computer? Becouse we not only we spend our free time on a computer developing the mod so you could play but also have to instal "100bilions"(actualy that would be around 4 or 5 to develop the mod and 1 to share it with the community - so you would only need 1 as well).

scottyd2506 said:
If you would follow the instructions insted of complaining about the word "lazy" in the forums, you would be downloading the SVN version already.

I hate you.

well the SVN doesnt work, the problem is in the download by the SVN checkout option after some downloading it says error and says that the server closed and i press ok and after that i entry in the mod by launcher and it says unable to......../textures/AD 1257 and after that all these downloads and things i get a big facepalm
facepalm1.jpg

georgiansoldier said:
well the SVN doesnt work, the problem is in the download by the SVN checkout option after some downloading it says error...

well, if a download doesn't work the first time, you may have to try more often...til it succeeds...because after an ERROR, you would be some extremely lucky gangster to have a working application, eh?
Try again until you get no error any more.

this is the error in the checkout after some download it says this: REPORT of '/svn/!svn/vcc/default': Could not read response body: connection was
closed by server (http://dev1257.googlecode.com)

i think there are not fixes, this mod is a completly buged mod any, part of the mod is buged , when you do anything there appears a bug, when you drink BUG , when you eat, BUG when you fight BUG , when you travel BUG , this mod is buged everywhere everywhere!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! whyyyy whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!!!!!!!!!!! the best SP mod is buged in all parts all !!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom