The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah after the next release I do plan to work on some form of kingdom management - and concurrently, Companion permadeath. :twisted:

Currently playtesting plague cures. It is going slowly - lots of wild things happening lately. I am currently stuck at a family friend's place near Nashville, Tennesee, waiting out this horrendous ice storm. Hoping I can head back home soon. Going to be taking greyhound back to Washington State soon, so hey - maybe I'll post tabs on which major cities I will be in for any decent time, if anyone fancies a meet and greet with a slightly sleep deprived me, at a bus terminal. Interview opportunity? You never know! :mrgreen:

* Cures for Solar Porphyria, Lunar Lycanthropy, and the Black Death are in. Currently playtesting in all of their glory.
* Adding in the Antihero tangent post-cure after this point, in light of Porphyria and Lycanthropy now being inheritable from dying in combat with Vampires or Werewolves, respectively.
* Next: Finishing up Black Plague mechanics for sieges, and party decay.
* Next: Finishing up Familiars next, including the addition of a secret Familiar...
* Next: Finishing up all the loose strings for Succubi/Incubi.

Stay tuned, mod minions. :twisted:

*Familiars are finished. Testing

I'll finish the Plague mechanics or Incubi/Succubi next. Kind of a toss-up.

I also need do find a program that will let me create .dds files with Windows 8... the Gimp 2.0 .dds plugin apparently doesn't work. If anyone knows a workaround, let me know! :/

dxtbitmap can convert image files to .dds files and .dds files to image files. It should be compatible with 8 but I don't know, I've not actually tried since it's useless for me.

* Adding a special item to allow you to deconstruct some mod items - namely anything any of the other books in the game can construct.
* Adding a "Solo Combat" option for battles. I personally enjoy taking even large armies on solo when I get to a higher level - I would rather keep all that experience, than tell my troops to wait at the starting position, and give them a free ride. :evil:
* There was a bug with Necromancy Rank and starting Rasputin's quests. I think I squashed it. Playtesting.

More to come, mod minions. Stay detuned. :twisted:

* Finished the Nightmare Realm. Basically you will spawn in one of nine phobic locations, and a boogeyman will spawn nearby - the boogeyman can be nearly any troop in the game (from farmers and trainers, to Hades, and even the Great Artificer! troops you cannot normally fight will be included). The nightmare ends when either the boogeyman or the player is dead - and permadeath IS possible in nightmares. Nightmares could be used as a form of divination - perhaps you are unsure whether you want to pick vampire, werewolf or ghoul? You may have a nightmare at some point, which includes a troop from one of those races, and use that sign to influence your decision.
* Fixed a few things. Super secret things. :mrgreen:

Oooh, I like that. I love how much S&S charm bases on player's ability to immerse himself/herself with all the nudges the mod gives to him/her that don't have - or have next to none - actual in-game consequences.

11101825_10152791354246527_4436451776557273985_n.jpg

* Crocuses added as a very rare, inexpensive, non-food merchandise item. These will be used (two at a time) to create Spice, via the Farmer's almanac. They will also take the place of Spice when gathering resources via the Farmer's Almanac. There may be other uses as well, for these fragrant flowers...
* Antihero-friendly morale foods being added: Nog (milk+spice), and Blood Pudding (blood+honey) - the latter is made possible, without necromancer status, due to the addition of the Meat Grinder (recipe via the Craftsman's Journal).
* Alchemist wager reduced to 10000 Denars.

* Just finished the gory details for Demonic Possession - there is an exorcism available now, and Seer characters can even perform their own exorcism, after receiving a Seer-only item, allowing them to finally use their abilities without interference.
* Finishing the gory details of plague next. A Plaguedoctor's Filter may be worn to prevent personal infection, if the player character is still human, and plague rats are in the party. This entire system will require intensive playtesting.
* Then there is one more Antihero storyline to button up (this might happen before the plague is finished).
* Then the Incubus and Succubus need to be pinned down. They should enjoy that...
* The deconstruction tool will need to be added, along with its MANY menu choices. This might happen whenever I get a spark for it, as well.

* New skyboxes. I really love the way they look. :mrgreen:
Dawn
11133862_10152801220556527_5407089837920574077_n.jpg
Morning
19802_10152801220376527_1371785112181292988_n.jpg
Noon
11064664_10152801220491527_1951432868077872318_n.jpg
Dusk
11082540_10152801220436527_6143326124011514019_n.jpg
Midnight
11091244_10152801220411527_5852817903243470617_n.jpg

* Well it finally happened. I hit the item limit. Since I despise removing content, this may cause certain things to be cemented in place for the mod, until I can find a work around. This is actually a very momentous occasion! :party: In light of this, the following I have mentioned will be changed...
* The "deconstruction tool" will be the Cup of Hebe. Certain items, when not corresponding to one of the recipes for the cup, will be broken into their integral parts, based on the recipes in the added books. This will be retroactive, and several breakdowns to smaller and/or more ingredients are possible.
* Also, I figure we could have some fun with gender swapping, per the Teresias myth. Teresias was a blind man who struck two copulating snakes with his staff, and was punished by the Goddess Hera, by being turned into a woman for seven years. Fun times...

N0ught said:
* Well it finally happened. I hit the item limit. Since I despise removing content, this may cause certain things to be cemented in place for the mod, until I can find a work around. This is actually a very momentous occasion! :party: In light of this, the following I have mentioned will be changed...
Have you thought about going SWC battle droid way and making some of the monsters single items equippable with invisible legs, head and hands items? Unless that's how it already works and only undead body is divided into separate items, then silly me, scratch the question.

Also, damn, those screens look mighty fine. There are so many post-apo settings, but it is S&S that allows player to be eyewitness of apocalypse :shifty:

You should switch to Warband modding.

I think warband has no item limit + it has better graphics, has proper desert(for Stheno), has Sarranids(could be an interesting addition), offers more scripting options (not to mention WSE).

And your scripts I think could be easily transferred to Warband as they mostly play with the Game Menus.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
You should switch to Warband modding... *snip*

I know. But I am really enjoying getting the most out of the vanilla M&B game engine. I also enjoy keeping that game alive.

Alright, so...

* Plague looks pretty tightened up so far. Playtesting.
* Finished Antihero arc storylines. Also Playtesting.
* Gender swapping will be possible, though very obscure. It will be permanent, and strictly cosmetic, and will not affect things such as your incubus or succubus. Playtesting.
* There are a lot of Hans Holbein's Danse Macabre images going in this time around, including...
10461943_10152804248706527_5525035288462553493_n.jpg
... They fit the mood so perfectly. :twisted:
* Have to work on the Incubus/Succubus menus. Need some sound effects for these (already covered).
* Tie up any loose ends I may have missed.

Not much left to do. And I seem to be in overdrive. I'll keep you posted like a Training Dummy... :dead:

Back
Top Bottom