The Bezoar Amulet - Progress Report Thread

Users who are viewing this thread

N0ught said:
10689651_10152368466921527_7299682645390457522_n.jpg
After many confuses your username with notch's, you had to try it eh?  Kidding. What's this?

N0ught said:
Nice, can I suggest brown scabbards to fit with the rest of the armour?

kabogh said:
N0ught said:
After many confuses your username with notch's, you had to try it eh?  Kidding. What's this?

The box... you opened it, we came.

N0ught said:
Nice, can I suggest brown scabbards to fit with the rest of the armour?

No, I like the fact that the Terracotta Warriors have full access to the Rising Sun weapons - they are tied in with that dark legend. They do also have a color-appropriate throwing weapon, and you get a set of them when you summon them.

ThaneWulfgharn said:
I think you should make 3-4 variations of terracota heads.

Eventually perhaps. The entire mod will get a nearly complete remodel/retexture at some point - for now (and really since I began this mod), I am adding things and moving on to more content. The next version is going to be simply bursting with new things to do. :twisted:

* Currently working on Slayers and certain other pet projects...

Until next time, mod minions.

EDIT: Speaking of fiddling around...
10406682_10152372599891527_9041518724643365291_n.jpg

Hi, I like your stuff

Maybe when you get around to touching up the older stuff you could make it so the zombies would dawn some clothes and armor, just to mix it up a bit. Like just random stuff to say to the player "I used to be a peasant or a solder."

Keep it up, you are like the only person making a legit Necromancy simulator.

Post a golden fiddle... *cough* :grin:

Thank you for the words of encouragement - I really don't think I will ever stop working on this mod. If technology completely leaves it behind, well, I suppose that just means it will run better and better for everyone as time goes by and they get better computers.

I think the first things that will be getting a model/texture revision are the basic undead and necromancer items. I want the preserved and putrid undead to be a little less colorful, and I've been rolling around ideas for item revisions for the necromancer sets.

10686993_10152379174841527_1579198009683761715_n.jpg

* Meat Grinder. Replacement for Pandora's Box, which can be used by non-necromancers. Grinds Human Corpses into Flesh and Blood, and Horse Corpses into Horse Meat and Blood. Incidentally, this is the only way to get Horse Meat without starting as a Poacher, and the only way to get Flesh and Blood without being a necromancer. The recipe to make it will be in the Craftsman's Journal - but the recipe to use it will be in the Farmer's Almanac.

Someone supernatural is about to get penetrated with some exotic materials:
10712755_10152385838366527_8345933022439658816_n.jpg

*Still working on slayers. Some of you may be happy to know that the antihero side of the mod will be getting a huge expansion this time around - including a detailed storyline involving Slayers and a special museum...
*This will be the first version with actual secrets. That's right - I have added a few functional easter eggs for you all to collect in time - IF you're lucky. Some of these will be very RNG-dependent.

scrdest said:
Given all the anti-heroing, necromancy and cult-fighting, you might think of dropping a Blood reference or two to the Slayer side.

I hate to say I'm way ahead of you, but... I'm way ahead of you. :mrgreen:

At the very least, Bloodletter is making a comeback, though retextured a bit. I wont say much more on that for now though...

10486127_10152422533666527_78896103081420771_n.jpg

* "Blindness. (Int+6)" option added to the fourth screen of character creation. This should appeal especially to those of you who play on the highest difficulty level, as a new handicap...

~ Characters made with this option have a large black spot in their vision in locations, as shown.
~ This will cause definite challenges with battle, especially ranged combat and horse maneuvers.
~ Exploring locations will be difficult. You will have to rely on your memory from previous games, or just do your best...
~ You will not be able to read any books unless you have at least one other member in your party. I am working on having dismissed companions not count in this calculation.
~ You will not be able to check the time in towns and castles unless you have at least one other member in your party.

... I'll be adding other references to this creation choice soon. All in all, I think it has a lot of potential. Ironically, it gives the game a more text-based feel, like old-school games. Please discuss! :mrgreen:

I don't see how not seeing anything can be fun. Also that restriction about not being allowed to read/use a book if you don't have at least one party member (a companion or a troop? It's not very clear.) is illogical and unrealistic. This should be more a matter of intelligence points. Then it would make more sense.

One who suddenly becomes illiterate because he/she has no party member anymore.
= Unrealistic situation; I've never heard of any loner who caught sudden analphabetism disease.
= Illogical thing; It's very100000 easy to have a party member anyways, why wasting your time on this?

So basically combat will be impossible... I'd rather have partial blindness where I would require glasses but if I wear them I can utilize the zoom feature, then again, the evil eyes could grant the player the ability to actually see if that blindness were implemented... other wise you can't even fight.... completely pointless and worthless option to partake in...

Arctic_Howler said:
the evil eyes could grant the player the ability to actually see if that blindness were implemented...

I kind of like that idea. Might just happen. It would also give the player an incentive to keep the equivalent antihero artifact, rather than sacrifice it to... well I don't want to give anything away. :mrgreen:

It is not pointless, and it does make sense, especially considering the way half the "old" faces have clouded eyes. Don't choose it if you don't want the handicap. But blind people do exist, and have done so peripherally on Solid and Shade for a long time.

kabogh said:
I don't see how not seeing anything can be fun. Also that restriction about not being allowed to read/use a book if you don't have at least one party member (a companion or a troop? It's not very clear.) is illogical and unrealistic. This should be more a matter of intelligence points. Then it would make more sense.

One who suddenly becomes illiterate because he/she has no party member anymore.
= Unrealistic situation; I've never heard of any loner who caught sudden analphabetism disease.
= Illogical thing; It's very100000 easy to have a party member anyways, why wasting your time on this?

1: You find at least one companion and equip them with all the best weapons and armor, to be your bodyguard. Also, you can use a mount to keep yourself safe in combat - you CAN still use the corners of the screen, so combat WILL be possible, though moreso from horseback than infantry. For that matter, you could use the "let your troops attack without you" option, and let the numbers dictate the outcome.
2: The inability to read is due to being blind, not due to illiteracy. The one aspect where Solid and Shade does not necessarily adhere to medieval convention, is that literacy seems to be the rule, rather than the exception. Therefore, it is assumed that if you have at least one other member in your party, they can read aloud to you. Otherwise, there is no braille, I am afraid.
3: Dogmatic realism is the rule here. Basically, if you are blind, you will have some definite handicaps, and having others around can help you (and yes, you are right that this wont often be an issue, but nevertheless...) - in exchange you get 4 extra intelligence points, and possible workarounds, and an overall immersive experience. I have personally played hedonistic characters who let their troops do all the work for them - and have often thought about a way to force that tactic on the player. So here it is.
4: Did you expect anything less demented from the guy who is adding whispers with actual information for characters afflicted with Madness? That's right - I'm making you listen to the voices so they can tell you what to do. And now I have found a way to REALLY put you in the dark with all those delightful monsters... honestly I'd rather hear the screams of pain...
5: Really this is the least of your worries from this next release. Compared to little old things like, oh... fully simulated demon possession, for instance. There are going to be a lot of things that make you personally uncomfortable in the next release. You may wind up with some friends you didn't want. I've already evoked an emotional response. I can't wait to hear the stories. :twisted:

Back
Top Bottom